Which browser do you use?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Which browser do you use?

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Chrome
    • Opera
    • Mobile Phone Browsers (S60 Browser, Mini Opera, iPhone etc)
    • Other (Please state)

Been using FF for quite some time now and love it, got it customised to the max. 60 addons, very rarely crashes.

But i really did forget how much advertising there is on the internet. I see people talking about popups, ads, malicious code etc... and i never see it anymore. Until the other day i loaded up IE8 just to test a link and OMG flooded with ads, popups and shit instantly.

I quickly closed IE and loaded into a Sandboxie window. I really dont trust that pos anymore.

I used to be a hardcore Firefox fan, mainly for the extensions. Now I've moved to Chromium (open source Chrome) and I love it. Great experience especially since it's so similar on OSX, Win7 and Ubuntu.

Also forced to use Safari on my phone :(

most people not realizing that the amount of attacks on IE reflects it's % of market and userbase (being it default with OS make it twice as important target)

laterly how Chrome and Firefox popularity rise (even Opera) You can clearly observe rapid increase of vulnerabilities and issues with these browsers too ...

on other hand IE9 looks quite robust and imho it's what IE8 was supposed to be

I've stayed with IE8 this time, though I like many of the features available in Firefox I simply can not stand the way it handles downloads.

I'm using Firefox stable version with around 20 addons and I really like it but whenever I get to use Chrome or Opera it reminds me how slow FF is. I've tried FF 4 beta and it does seem a bit faster and looks better but many of the addons I'm using don't work with it so I'm going to have to wait until they're updated before I switch.

I can't think of any reason why someone would willingly choose IEx instead of Opera, Chrome, or FF (in that order ;) ). That being said, I celebrate any IE improvement simply because all the times I'm forced to use it (client's PCs, non-compatible web sites, system policies at work, etc.) Now that I think about it, its the same situation with WMP. MS seems to be specially unable to deliver what end-users need.

I'd like to give IE9 a good try, but the GPU acceleration doesn't work with my card, which is weird b/c it runs Aero and a bunch of 3D games. It'll be my backup to Opera.

I'm using 3 browsers at the same time. I like to track their every change while competing eachother.

At the moment I use these browser, ordered in most used:

• Google Chrome Canary (Chrome nightly)
  • Mozilla Minefield 4.0b7pre (Firefox nightly)
  • Internet Explorer 9

I also use the Flash player 10.1 "Square" preview. The first 64-bits multiplatform to have the latest bug fixes and hardware acceleration.

My favorite still is Google Chrome since it works exactly the same on Windows, Mac OSX and GNU/Linux.

Syncing is instant unlike Firefox Sync, the Webkit engine is still far ahead of the Gecko engine, Javascript compiling is still the fastest and it's hardware accelerated compositing is faster than it's competitors and works on GNU/Linux and Mac OSX.

It's just a pity that Chromium can't autoupdate. Hopefully the Chromium team will implement a system similar to that of Firefox 4.0b7.