Sign in to follow this  
Graw2Pro

Why people dont like Arma

The most important thing about Arma is to memorise the complex squad controls - if u keep the orders flowing its a really good game.

i meant the sequences - like 7-7, 7-2, 1-6 quickly then 3-5, 3-1, for example, to get them to crouch, go into danger mode and find cover, then engage at will and open fire. If u memorise them u can do the whole thing in 2 seconds and makes the game much more fun.

people that dont play the game long enough to get familiar with the controls cant really appreciate it.

If you can afford to invest in a touch screen, there's some lovely software called touchbuddy that can add a graphic interface to the squad menu.

The squad command controls may be complex, but you learn the most important ones pretty fast. After a while you can just quick-tap the keys without looking. It's even easier if you use voice recognition software.

People who are fast switching between different games are never that good like those who take their time to get familiar with. ;)

people that dont play the game long enough to get familiar with the controls cant really appreciate it.

I memorized all the commands in about an hour, as did almost everyone I know who plays the game.

And I've never seen ANYONE say "the squad controls are too complex, screw this game".

People who are fast switching between different games are never that good like those who take their time to get familiar with. ;)

Indeed. This isn't a game that has a one month shelf life. It repays investment if players can stick with it.

The squad order interface could really do with a serious update. A properly implemented radial menu or even just a windows start type menu would be nice. There really is no need to have to memorise numerous key commands for order lists.. windows 3.1 has been out for awhile.

A couple of other immersion killers for me..

The constant LOD popups and the roof/window texture flickering. I doubt these will ever be fixed.

The extra zoom that all guns have. I hate it, it adds more complexity to shooting and it just feels like i'm cheating. Yeah I know why it's there but i'd rather shoot at dots in the distance.

A properly implemented radial menu or even just a windows start type menu would be nice.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

There really is no need to have to memorise numerous key commands for order lists.. windows 3.1 has been out for awhile.

LOL. Yes!

I think what you are looking for is Dragon Rising, very easy to learn and play ;)

The radial menu in DR sux big time, you cant move while its open so if you want to suppress something but its out of sight you have to close it then move then reopen again. Also after selecting whatever command it dosnt close, then you by mistake press in another direction, so you have to redo it all!!

The numbered system is pretty easy really, theres only a few you need to use ALL the time. Ive got most bound to my G15 keys anyway, you cant do that if the game uses a radial menu!

I was thinking more along the lines of the Swat 4 radial menu (or GRAW menu?). IIRC it worked pretty good, admitedly it didn't require many orders.

The Swat4 radial was ok imho, but Swat4 also had one other huge advantage: You could choose between the radial, "New command interface", and an OFP/Arma-like numbered menu, "Classic command interface", which was straight from Swat3. As I said in another thread the numbered menu beats the radial hands down in speed and efficiency once you've mastered it, but it's not that good for beginners.

I memorized all the commands in about an hour, as did almost everyone I know who plays the game.

And I've never seen ANYONE say "the squad controls are too complex, screw this game".

But you know... you alienate a huge percentage because it is overwhelming. I had to push myself to give Arma 2 a chance... and the ONLY reason I did, is because I felt the physics in the game were the excellent and that it had a potential to be a great sim. Personally, I find that the AI is lacking tremendously. There is WAY too much hand holding on the team AI's part.

If I compare OFP2 and Arma 2, I have to say that Arma 2 beats it hands down, but BIS could take some notes here, as I find the team AI 100x times better in OFP2 and I have to say it runs 100x smoother (because it's a consolized PC game). OFP2 just feels entirely artificial and does not have any realism aspect to it at all. Even the characters movements are terrible. Look at that medic giving a hypodermic injection to heal the player? Just terrible!

If they'd have worked together, they may have actually produced a fantastic sim... but I know the OFP days are over... :rolleyes:

Edited by Sniperdoc

Ya know, I think there is room for at least a few of these ARMA 2like titles in the gaming world. There are plenty of wackoff easy to get into games out there. Almost too plenty. ARMA 2 comes along with some actual depth, and someone inevitably rails on about Alienating percentages.

ARMA 2, like Flashpoint 1... is a game that will get better with time spent as others have said. Yup, it ain`t friendly for aging systems. And nope it ain`t mindnumbing easy to get into, but it still has rewards for time spent in.

CM went for the console kiddies. They in effect alienated the Flashpopint vets, and went for the COD/BF/GR etc etc etc player. They went SO accessible, they totally forgot about the Flashpoint fans/SIM players. CM did to Flashpoint, what Novalogic did to their games after Delta Force 2.

They sold out for the quick buck.

what Novalogic did to their games after Delta Force 2.

I respectfully disagree on that, i played DF1 & 2 and still BHD and JO:TR was great games in my eyes :cool:

...DFX on the other hand :banghead:

I had to push myself to give Arma 2 a chance... and the ONLY reason I did, is because I felt the physics in the game were the excellent and that it had a potential to be a great sim.

wat? Jumping tanks are excellent?

I think most players are discouraged by all the bugs they're met with in the launch of a product and swear to never come back. Very few does, and now after both ArmA1 and 2, pretty much all of the potential customers are burned and you're left with the hardcores. Maybe, if they get the Arrow addition out before x-mas, they'll gain a few more customers that thought Dragon Rising wasn't realistic enough and haven't heard and/or haven't gotten their hands on A1/A2.

If I know BIS right, they'll be burned too with yet another atrocity of a buggy release.

(And don't comment about the patches fixing stuff. *I'm* not complaining but when 70% of the customers has smashed their disc in the wall in frustration, they don't care about the patches and certainly won't be a returning customer.)

(And don't comment about the patches fixing stuff. *I'm* not complaining but when 70% of the customers has smashed their disc in the wall in frustration, they don't care about the patches and certainly won't be a returning customer.)

May be for some. But since you mentioned the 70% of casual users, I'm betting they'll just do what casual users always do: buy the game 'cos it's got a great cover. :)

It's clear that the writing is on the wall, for gamers who want realism, you'll only get that in the ArmA series of games. "Recent" releases and disappointments have shown that ;)

My point was simply that ArmA2 should've been released on 1.02, not 1.00. Not to mention A1 which was at 1.08 before being good. Most of those who quit in frustration before 1.02 will never buy another BIS product again as they never got "in to" game. It takes some time before you appreciate it.

Once you learnt and remember all the commands its ok.

But i 100% agree on the bugs tho BIS are still very bad at releasing games and should serously improve their quality control. I think this is the overall reason why people are turned off and also that ArmA 2 requires alot of hardware to run it at a decent a framerate.

But you know... you alienate a huge percentage because it is overwhelming. I had to push myself to give Arma 2 a chance... and the ONLY reason I did, is because I felt the physics in the game were the excellent and that it had a potential to be a great sim. Personally, I find that the AI is lacking tremendously. There is WAY too much hand holding on the team AI's part.

If I compare OFP2 and Arma 2, I have to say that Arma 2 beats it hands down, but BIS could take some notes here, as I find the team AI 100x times better in OFP2 and I have to say it runs 100x smoother (because it's a consolized PC game). OFP2 just feels entirely artificial and does not have any realism aspect to it at all. Even the characters movements are terrible. Look at that medic giving a hypodermic injection to heal the player? Just terrible!

If they'd have worked together, they may have actually produced a fantastic sim... but I know the OFP days are over... :rolleyes:

I got to thinking about just this topic while watching a stream of somebody playing DR. It seems like for the most part, where one developer fell short, the other excelled. Barring collisions in creative vision, they might just create the ultimate war simulator in a joint-venture that is sure to never happen. :(

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Once you learnt and remember all the commands its ok.

But i 100% agree on the bugs tho BIS are still very bad at releasing games and should serously improve their quality control. I think this is the overall reason why people are turned off and also that ArmA 2 requires alot of hardware to run it at a decent a framerate.

I agree on the quality control part, but I disagree on the hardware part because my CPU cost $60 and my GPU cost me $35, and i get decent frame rates on high settings. Sure, if you want to go balls out cranking up every graphics setting, you're gonna be spending a huge chunk of change, but just to play it at normal to high w/o AA or PPE doesn't cost that much. Not to mention, it still looks great at these settings.

With so many commands i cant think of another decent way to do it. This is consistent and usable without having to stop controlling your own character. Using the mouse for menu's as these is actually slower, since you also have to memorize where to click, and then move your mouse to that button. Using the keyboard is faster, otherwise we would have used onscreen keyboards all the time, and this way you can still aim ingame.

May I suggest voice control? I use VAC

http://dwvac.com/

and have built a huge profile for it. You start off naming who you want, ie all, 1-4-7, or team red, then the command you want them to perform.

Beauty of VAC is that you can assign multiple voice commands to a single action. So you say 'all' or 'everyone' or 'squad' and it selects the whole team. Very easy to setup and very easy to use. Just building the profiles take awhile, but worth it in the end.

here is the .xml file as text for my profile if anyone wants it. Just download it and make it into an .xml and VAC will recognize it

<?xml version="1.0"?><profile>

<!--Armed Assault command Set-->

<command name="all" phrase="all" category="Units">

<key value="`" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="one" phrase="one" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F1" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="two" phrase="two" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F2" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="three" phrase="three" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F3" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="four" phrase="four" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F4" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="five" phrase="five" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F5" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="six" phrase="six" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F6" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="seven" phrase="seven" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F7" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="eight" phrase="eight" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F8" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="nine" phrase="nine" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F9" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="ten" phrase="ten" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F10" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="eleven" phrase="eleven" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F12" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

<key extended="F1" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

<key extended="F11" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="twelve" phrase="twelve" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F2" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="thirteen" phrase="thirteen" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F3" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="fourteen" phrase="fourteen" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F4" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="fifthteen" phrase="fifthteen" successphrase="" sndok="" category="Units">

<key extended="F5" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="team red" phrase="team red" phrase1="red team" phrase2="red" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" category="Units">

<key value="`991" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="team green" phrase="team green" phrase1="green team" phrase2="green" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" category="Units">

<key value="`992" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="team blue" phrase="team blue" phrase1="blue team" phrase2="blue" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" category="Units">

<key value="`993" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="team yellow" phrase="team yellow" phrase1="yellow team" phrase2="yellow" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" category="Units">

<key value="`994" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="team white" phrase="team white" phrase1="white team" phrase2="white" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" category="Units">

<key value="`995" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="select one" phrase="select one" phrase1="option one" successphrase="" successphrase1="" sndok="" sndok1="" category="Selection">

<key value="1" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="select two" phrase="select two" phrase1="option two" successphrase="" successphrase1="" sndok="" sndok1="" category="Selection">

<key value="2" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="select three" phrase="select three" phrase1="option three" successphrase="" successphrase1="" sndok="" sndok1="" category="Selection">

<key value="3" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="select four" phrase="select four" phrase1="option four" successphrase="" successphrase1="" sndok="" sndok1="" category="Selection">

<key value="4" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="select five" phrase="select five" phrase1="option five" successphrase="" successphrase1="" sndok="" sndok1="" category="Selection">

<key value="5" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="select six" phrase="select six" phrase1="option six" successphrase="" successphrase1="" sndok="" sndok1="" category="Selection">

<key value="6" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="select seven" phrase="select seven" phrase1="option seven" successphrase="" successphrase1="" sndok="" sndok1="" category="Selection">

<key value="7" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="select eight" phrase="select eight" phrase1="option eight" successphrase="" successphrase1="" sndok="" sndok1="" category="Selection">

<key value="8" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="select nine" phrase="select nine" phrase1="option nine" successphrase="" successphrase1="" sndok="" sndok1="" category="Selection">

<key value="9" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="select zero" phrase="select zero" phrase1="option zero" phrase2="more" phrase3="next" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" successphrase3="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" sndok3="" category="Selection">

<key value="0" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="clear" phrase="clear" phrase1="go back" category="Selection">

<key extended="BACKSPACE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="comms" phrase="comms" phrase1="comms menu" category="Selection">

<key value="08" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="radio" phrase="radio" phrase1="radio menu" category="Selection">

<key value="00" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="return to formation" phrase="return to formation" phrase1="fall back into formation" phrase2="form up" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" category="commands">

<key value="11" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="advance" phrase="advance" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="12" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="stay back" phrase="stay back" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="13" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="flank left" phrase="flank left" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="14" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="flank right" phrase="flank right" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="15" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="stop" phrase="stop" phrase1="halt" successphrase="" successphrase1="" sndok="" sndok1="" category="commands">

<key value="16" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="wait for me" phrase="wait for me" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="17" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="find cover" phrase="find cover" phrase1="hide" successphrase="" successphrase1="" sndok="" sndok1="" category="commands">

<key value="18" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="next waypoint" phrase="next waypoint" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="19" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="open fire" phrase="open fire" category="commands">

<key value="21" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="hold fire" phrase="hold fire" phrase1="cease fire" category="commands">

<key value="22" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="fire" phrase="fire" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="23" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="engage" phrase="engage" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="24" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="engage at will" phrase="engage at will" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="25" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="disengage" phrase="disengage" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="26" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="scan horizon" phrase="scan horizon" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="27" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="watch north" phrase="watch north" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="281" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="watch north east" phrase="watch north east" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="282" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="watch east" phrase="watch east" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="283" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="watch south east" phrase="watch south east" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="284" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="watch south" phrase="watch south" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="385" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="watch south west" phrase="watch south west" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="286" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="watch west" phrase="watch west" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="287" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="watch north west" phrase="watch north west" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="288" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="mount" phrase="mount" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="4" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="disembark" phrase="disembark" phrase1="dismount" phrase2="get out" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" category="commands">

<key value="41" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="status" phrase="status" successphrase="" sndok="" category="commands">

<key value="5" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="action" phrase="action" category="commands">

<key value="6" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="stealth" phrase="stealth" phrase1="stealth mode" phrase2="go stealth" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" category="commands">

<key value="71" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="danger" phrase="danger" phrase1="danger mode" phrase2="taking fire" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" category="commands">

<key value="72" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="aware" phrase="aware" phrase1="aware mode" phrase2="stay alert" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" category="commands">

<key value="73" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="safe" phrase="safe" phrase1="safe mode" phrase2="its safe" category="commands">

<key value="74" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="stand up" phrase="stand up" phrase1="get up" category="commands">

<key value="76" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="go prone" phrase="go prone" phrase1="get down" phrase2="hit the ground" phrase3="on your belly" phrase4="lie down" category="commands">

<key value="78" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="stay crouched" phrase="stay crouched" phrase1="stay low" phrase2="crouch" category="commands">

<key value="77" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="keep low" phrase="keep low" phrase1="follow my stance" phrase2="take my stance" category="commands">

<key value="79" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="column formation" phrase="column formation" phrase1="go column" phrase2="formation column" phrase3="column" phrase4="form column" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" successphrase3="" successphrase4="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" sndok3="" sndok4="" category="commands">

<key value="81" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="staggered column formation" phrase="staggered column formation" phrase1="go staggered column" phrase2="formation stagger column" phrase3="staggered column" phrase4="form staggered column" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" successphrase3="" successphrase4="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" sndok3="" sndok4="" category="commands">

<key value="82" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="wedge formation" phrase="wedge formation" phrase1="go wedge" phrase2="formation wedge" phrase3="wedge" phrase4="form wedge" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" successphrase3="" successphrase4="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" sndok3="" sndok4="" category="commands">

<key value="83" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="echelon left formation" phrase="echelon left formation" phrase1="go echelon left" phrase2="formation echelon left" phrase3="echelon left" phrase4="form echelon left" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" successphrase3="" successphrase4="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" sndok3="" sndok4="" category="commands">

<key value="84" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="echelon right formation" phrase="echelon right formation" phrase1="go echelon right" phrase2="formation echelon right" phrase3="echelon right" phrase4="form echelon right" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" successphrase3="" successphrase4="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" sndok3="" sndok4="" category="commands">

<key value="85" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="vee formation" phrase="vee formation" phrase1="go vee" phrase2="formation vee" phrase3="vee" phrase4="form vee" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" successphrase3="" successphrase4="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" sndok3="" sndok4="" category="commands">

<key value="86" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="line formation" phrase="line formation" phrase1="form line" phrase2="go line" phrase3="line formation" phrase4="line" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" successphrase3="" successphrase4="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" sndok3="" sndok4="" category="commands">

<key value="87" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="compact column formation" phrase="compact column formation" phrase1="go compact column" phrase2="formation compact column" phrase3="compact column" phrase4="form compact column" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" successphrase3="" successphrase4="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" sndok3="" sndok4="" category="commands">

<key value="88" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="delta formation" phrase="delta formation" phrase1="go delta" phrase2="formation delta" phrase3="delta" phrase4="form delta" successphrase="" successphrase1="" successphrase2="" successphrase3="" successphrase4="" sndok="" sndok1="" sndok2="" sndok3="" sndok4="" category="commands">

<key value="89" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="assign team red" phrase="assign team red" category="commands">

<key value="91" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="assign team green" phrase="assign team green" category="commands">

<key value="92" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="assign team blue" phrase="assign team blue" category="commands">

<key value="93" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="assign team yellow" phrase="assign team yellow" category="commands">

<key value="94" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<command name="assign team white" phrase="assign team white" category="commands">

<key value="95" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="50" repeat="1" duration="100"/>

</command>

<!--Voice Activation Command Set-->

<set key="NONE" key1="NONE" vackey1="NONE" vackey2="NONE" ptamode="default" off="NONE" off1="NONE" off2="NONE" off3="NONE">

</set>

</profile>

I got to thinking about just this topic while watching a stream of somebody playing DR. It seems like for the most part, where one developer fell short, the other excelled. Barring collisions in creative vision, they might just create the ultimate war simulator in a joint-venture that is sure to never happen.

Agreed

I agree on the quality control part, but I disagree on the hardware part because my CPU cost $60 and my GPU cost me $35, and i get decent frame rates on high settings. Sure, if you want to go balls out cranking up every graphics setting, you're gonna be spending a huge chunk of change, but just to play it at normal to high w/o AA or PPE doesn't cost that much. Not to mention, it still looks great at these settings.

I dont know about that statement, Arma 2 requires some good hardware to play the game on high and i doubt a $60 cpu and $35 GPU will play arma 2 on high with decent frames, unless of course you picked up a good dual or quad core for $60 and a fairly recent GPU for $35 which i also doubt.