Sign in to follow this  
343rdBadger

Russian Armour Pack version3.0.

Russian Armour Pack version3.0.

This update addresses the multiplayer dedicated server issue.All tanks can now run on a dedi without asking for missing texture files(providing you've loaded the rvmats into the tracked.pbo)All you do is de-pbo the tracked.pbo and add the included rvmats to the data\detailmappy directory.If you DON'T do this, what will happen is the game will nag you about it on startup and the textures will be flat/matt without the ArmaII "shinyness"(no biggy really but I personally like the shiny textures better).

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/14703487/Ru...ArmA2Ver3.1.7z

RuskyArmor.jpg

Edited by 343rdBadger

Downloading now. Also, have you thought of putting the updated tracked.pbo (with rvmats all ready added) in your next update? Just a thought. Thanks for the update. :cool:

is this the russian tank pack on armaholic?stupid question?

Those do look good indeed. This is probably something I would want to see in ACE2. You know, little bit variation.

343rdBadger

Please watch your filesize, no pics > 100kb.

I'm still muckin about trying to optimize it some more.I will certainly consider the tracked.pbo inclusion, if I can get the upload low enough.I'm still having a struggle with getting the crew to jump out at the proper height,they don't seem to injure themselves anymore but It looks too damn weird that they highjump out the top of the tank.I managed to knock a few more mbs off the size by redoing the viewgeometry...so its getting smaller.Next release should be the final unless I get real ambitious and add a new tank or two...what?!!???...could happen??!!! hahaha:cool:

I have absolutely no idea how this addon is setup, but someone mentioned hex editing the models... well no need to hex edit, there is MoveObject from Mikero, it is wonderful tool which changes ALL texture/etc paths instantly.

If there is any need for changing paths of textures or something like this, check out PboDLL project by Mikero.

well,the problem is I'm not sure why the rvmats aren't being picked up via the tracked.pbo t-72,it only seemed to work by putting them in manually.It might be a binarization thing maybe...dunno.Binarizing it might be the answer now that the muliplayer issues were taken care of,as it was the textures that were kickin up a fuss.I'll try a binoed run today to see if it works.