Hey Gnat, thanks for considering it. If I find a combination of waypoints and basic scripts that can do the job, I'll let you know. Previous attempts did succeed in having carpet bombing runs, but they were not too precise (which may be unavoidable in high altitude carpet bombing).

Thanks again!

Fantastic bird!

I've just tried it over fallujah rail station and goes fine!

My only suggestion to make it even more realistic is to change the white smoke to a more real black smoke, since those aircraft are not so much pollution compliant (search "b52 smoke" on google images to have an example)

Bello! Good work! :yay:

Thanks shezan. The smoke is meant to be high altitude con-trail, but obviously at ground level it should be a different colour (or off).

Yep, Im aware that on full load take off for example they use water injection on the engines for extra power and that causes even darker emissions.

..... maybe I can regulate the colour also via the script.

Gnat, I love this mod. I represent UnitedOperations.net and we would love to add this mod to our pack. We just have some reservations. We don't play with MM, just Ace2 and was wondering if we can either work with you to make it good to go for ace or can we get the base files to convert it ourselves. I am stationed at Barksdale AFB which is a BUFF base so I am a lil bias in this manner and really would like to have this added for us lol. If you are willing to help us out I would be grateful. Thanks

Hi Boondock,

MM is not mandator, addon works fine, dropping bombs etc, without MM.

As I have no idea what the Ace2 mod wants / needs for addons, then I suggest get some advice from the Ace2 mod'ers and I'll see what I can do .... if its even nessisary.

Well from what I am being told is (hope I am repeating this right) The plane need to be Configed to accept ACE bombs. Example: With your current model is it possible to use any type of bomb in the game or with ACE 2. Can you replace the MK82 bombs with GBU12 bombs or CBU 97 bombs. They were saying that it needs to be in the config for it to work. I hope I am making sense, I do not do alot of this tech stuff with add-ons but as I said I really would like to use this on our server. If I am not making sense or you need more info please let me know I will get answers to your questions. Again thanks for the help.

Can you replace the MK82 bombs with GBU12 bombs or CBU 97 bombs.

Well, probably, but whats so special about the Ace2 bombs? ..... if they even have bombs ..... which was news to me.

I'd need an example addon or something where these bombs are used.

Not sure if this is just a scripted solution they are using, or this is a whole new model. Id be surprised if its a whole new model solution, so would need a copy of the scripts and/or configs.

Copy of the bomb configs as well likely needed.

Edit:

GBU12 = standard BIS ?

CBU97 = special scripted bomb?

Well from what I am being told is (hope I am repeating this right) The plane need to be Configed to accept ACE bombs. Example: With your current model is it possible to use any type of bomb in the game or with ACE 2. Can you replace the MK82 bombs with GBU12 bombs or CBU 97 bombs. They were saying that it needs to be in the config for it to work. I hope I am making sense, I do not do alot of this tech stuff with add-ons but as I said I really would like to use this on our server. If I am not making sense or you need more info please let me know I will get answers to your questions. Again thanks for the help.

Can't you use Ace's EASA module to load with anything you want? I used ACE 2 nukes in a B-52 bombing video I made a couple days ago (nukes are 2:30 in). But I usually just use the default MK 82 because they make much more noise when dropped.

XruT26f1azo

Or am I completely misunderstanding your question?

FAS (usually reliable for this stuff, in my experience) says that the Buff does have (or had at one time) the capabilities for those weapons:

GBU-12

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/smart/gbu-12.htm

CBU-97

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/dumb/cbu-97.htm

The problem with FAS sometimes is that it can include testbed or limited use capabilities, and not reflect how they have actually been deployed. YMMV.

the B52 can use a wide very wide array of weapons, including JDAM which we use the GBU for. The B52 also uses cluster bombs and ALCM nukes (air launched cruise missile). When I tried to use the EASA module it said the vehicle did not have hardpoints. ACE added CBU (cluster bombs) http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_magazines/classlist. After talking with a B52 pilot yesterday about your mod (he likes it too) He basicly told me if it explodes a B52 can drop it. So I guess the next question is what can we do to make this bad boy work with the EASA module or accept any of the bombs ingame/ace. Mosh if you figured it out alread to make it use any weapons please hook a brotha up. Thanks for the replys guys.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Just to reference what we were talking about before the B52 can carry alot of weapons. I don't know how up to date this is but refer below

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/systems/b-52-specs.htm

The main weapons I want to use is the CBU 97 and the BD61 both are in ACE 2. Again I am thankful for the hard work and time in helping make this work for my community.

Edited by BoondocksaintUO

@Boondock, are you using the right B-52? There are two, one with weapon slots and one with no weapon slots.

If you still have problems, I'll PM you a test mission... not sure if Gnat wants us cluttering up his thread with ACE stuff. :)

him I maye have used the unarmed one thinking of it as a blank template to add weapons do, let me try the MK 82 model. I was just under the impression that I could use the one with no MK82s. Will test and report back.

@Boondock, are you using the right B-52? There are two, one with weapon slots and one with no weapon slots.

If you still have problems, I'll PM you a test mission... not sure if Gnat wants us cluttering up his thread with ACE stuff. :)

Mosh - can you shoot me the test mission? I can poke at it and see if/what it needs for ACE compat.

ok I just tried to use the EASA module with both versions and it says "has no weapons slots". I also tried to add weapons to both versions and it is not working. Jay is also in out community so if you can shoot him the test mission we will play with it lol.

All I did was place pilot, B52 MK82, and EASA module with the following init

this setVariable["NUKES", 1]; this setVariable["NoHangar", true] 

Here is test mission. Tested with only @CBA, @ACE, @B52 mods with 1.56 and beta 1.57. Hope this helps.

36G055-ffco

All I wanted to do was make a video of bombs. I really don't use ACE and didn't mean to clutter this thread. The B-52 with Mando Missile Addon is my preference. :)

Thanks again Gnat, I will never stop bombing stuff.

OK, so maybe its better if I place "fakeweapon" in the "unarmed" B-52, so things like ACE2 can use the weapon slots properly?

I'm guessing you wont ever see the new proxy of the bomb inside the B52 (or any other plane using the EASA module), but what determines how many bombs the EASA module will let you load into the B52?

EASA just replaces the launchers it can find with new ones. Basically swaps the hardpoints out. The amount of ordnance is just what the new launchers can carry.

Guessing you'd need to specify some version of a rotary bomb rack to simulate the internal bomb bay capacity and some hardpoints on the wings for external stores.

You'd definitely need to have the B-52 set up to work with EASA if you wanted to allow use of the ACE B-61 nukes because that is how those bombs are armed. Otherwise those bombs are just shiny rocks. The bombs can be loaded at start of mission without using the UI, but the EASA code has to be used in one way or another.

Mando weapons have their own way to setup. No interconnect with ACE in this area.

I guess the racks or weapon holders are actually defined by ACE2 / the EASA bit, because my weapon definitions only cover my MK82's.

Therefore the ACE2 people have to make a special higher capacity "rack" for EASA to suit the B52.

EASA does or doesn't detect the exact plane your trying to load?

Sorry, I can't download ACE2 because of a long standing issue with the Updater program not running on my machine.

@Gnat: There's always AddonsSync... ;]

btw... Great plane.

Yup I'm slowly catching up technology wise with b-52 Vs Mig-15's!!! Ca cest super cool!