Sign in to follow this  
Kayjay

Some Arma 2 Questions

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get arma 2 but some doubts on the game plague me.

Has the patches fixed alot of the issues with the game(ai, performance)

what are some outstanding issues-?

I have haeard and read that tehre are issues with the campaign and how sometimes it might not work. (saw abit of this myself when i was playing the game for a little while, put me off a bit)

and Will my comp run it smoothly and what settings are recommended

Specs:

q9300

2gb dd3

4870 512mb

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS

How do mods work in the game?

Weapon mods work in multi or singleplayer?

What are some trends in multiplayer?

What mods do people mostly use in multiplayer?

What ping can be tolerable in multi? (insrugency allows me to play with 200 ish ping

AND

To AUSSIE players, are there alot of you guys playing?

THANKYOU once again

Edited by Kayjay

1. Yes, there a few bugs (for me atleast) and AI is fine. Performance is still abit bad but my CPU isn't exactly top notch.

2. I believe they've fixed alot of issues, can't confirm this myself though.

3. There's a "Will my PC run this?" thread stickied, you're best off asking there.

aww come on, but the threads here already.

If everyone said that, then this forum would become full of people going, but i already asked the question here etc. Go ask it over there and stick to the rules please.

Why dont you go play the demo instead of asking here? if youve played it, and dont like it, dont buy it, if you do then buy it..

AI is still retarded at driving and AI choppers are still in love with the trees especially when attacking or landing.AI pilots should be fired,they don't give a shit they're breaking expensive toys.:icon_ohmygod:

Infantry AI didn't bother me that much so I guess it's ok(for me).

Can't tell you about campaign,I still didn't start that because editor takes all my time and let's hope we can talk about AI improvements when we reach 1.06.

Why dont you go play the demo instead of asking here? if youve played it, and dont like it, dont buy it, if you do then buy it..
The demo is unpatched, this guy is asking about the campaign, bugs and perf, which you can't completely judge via the demo.

Don't board an AI chopper and you should be fine... seriously though, don't board the chopper.

okay thanks for helping out guys. one hopefully final question ARMA 2 now or OPERATION ARROWHEAD? or should i buy both?

I'd say both...the original game will keep you busy until they release OA which probably won't be until early next year

Me too.

You will have a lot of fun with the actual arma2 upon OA is appearing.

Or first, try out the Arma2 Demo to make sure you won't get major system problems with the game...

Generally it works fine but a few people have huge problems running the game.

I tryed the demo it has about the graphics of Oblivion which, i find incredible for the amount of objects on-screen. So far the only problem you can have is if you suck at flying the helicopter. (me sadly) im temped to buy the game after i get my 360 controller set up on the game....woot

almost all people here have played arma1 and know about those bugs and don't bother because they'll get fixed, the scale of complexity this game offers is beyond belief and override those bugs. When i first leaned about arma1 and played it online with a clan the first day i played it my mouth jaw dropped. IMHO i think this game is more enjoyable when you play with mature organized group of people, it took me away from family and friend for a whilte!

ohh so arrowhead wont be due in for a while? heh i was under the impression it was gonna be released soon. but all's good.

ohh so arrowhead wont be due in for a while? heh i was under the impression it was gonna be released soon. but all's good.

Not until sometime in 2010 according to the press release.

(my money is on late 2010)

When is the release date?

BIS: Not before 2010. The exact date is not yet decided.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84824

Edited by Thirdup

^ thanks mate!

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS

How do mods work in the game?

Weapon mods work in multi or singleplayer?

What are some trends in multiplayer?

What mods do people mostly use in multiplayer?

What ping can be tolerable in multi? (insrugency allows me to play with 200 ish ping

AND

To AUSSIE players, are there alot of you guys playing?