Sign in to follow this  
.kju

GDT Mod Helicopter Weapons by HeinBloed

Alright, I've only one complaint with this mod. In my experience with it. It renders any AT missile practically useless. I've notice it is extremely inaccurate. Granted it makes the M197 much more useful as a solo pilot. But if you need to get into an area with AA and cannot accurately target the AA your pretty much done.

In my experience with this mod, the missle travels nothing like in the video. Infact it mostly just spirals toward where its aiming, but never straigtens out. And i'd say 1 missile out of 8 hitting within 25 yards of the target is probably the best I get. I'm lucky to even get that close. Seems the accuracy needs to be bumped up, and I can't figure out how to do that, i've tried looking through your configs in the pbo.

this mod is for coop gameplay,so find some force recons which are marking the target for u with LD

Alright, I've only one complaint with this mod. In my experience with it. It renders any AT missile practically useless. I've notice it is extremely inaccurate. Granted it makes the M197 much more useful as a solo pilot. But if you need to get into an area with AA and cannot accurately target the AA your pretty much done.

In my experience with this mod, the missle travels nothing like in the video. Infact it mostly just spirals toward where its aiming, but never straigtens out. And i'd say 1 missile out of 8 hitting within 25 yards of the target is probably the best I get. I'm lucky to even get that close. Seems the accuracy needs to be bumped up, and I can't figure out how to do that, i've tried looking through your configs in the pbo.

Have u tried the new version in the first post? Its supposed to fix the missile accuracy.Also the missile screwed up in the old version when you were shooting from a steep angle. So fly a little lower, the missiles will fly more horizontal and swirl less. Or try the new version.

There are three situations where the missile can getting inaccurate.

1. If i aim to fast (mpving the mouse to fast). In this case the missile will completely get out of control. That was my intention.

2. On low FPS. In this case the steps for flightpath correcting are not enough for a smouth flight.

3. If i use a addon which is modifying the missiles to.

Very immersive mod !

congratulation HeinBloed ;-).

Is it possible to do it for plane also ?

I was having a great deal of accuracy issues when on single player in the editor, I put a tank down range, I hovered, engaged the tank with the hellfires.

Tank was empty, was only for testing the mod. The missle would not seem to straighten out. Mouse was stationary and so on.

love the mod but i do have to say it is a bit innacurate. No low fps or mods and the mouse is str8. maybe a light tweak.

Really enjoying this, it is a great mod.

No problems with accuracy of weapon aim, missiles track perfectly.

One question that you've probably already looked at - any way to isolate the mouse input to weapon aiming while in the gunner view?

Really enjoying this, it is a great mod.

No problems with accuracy of weapon aim, missiles track perfectly.

One question that you've probably already looked at - any way to isolate the mouse input to weapon aiming while in the gunner view?

Ive found using the * key on the numpad can help isolate the mouse imput to just the weapon also stops the helo from spinnin about to some degree

(4 thos that messed with the control config the * key is free look mode )

Is there any way to re-enable irLock properly so that it seeks the target besides removing the mod? It's somewhat impractical for myself as this relies on viewdistance, which I can't set as high as I would like to. I love being able to use the cannon, but if I lose AT capability from range, I'm not much good.

Make a config addon and via cfgPatches dependencies loaded after this addon.

@HeinBloed

@kju for the post.

Just a thanks for the work on this mod.

Been using this great kick ass of a mod for many months now with great joy :D

Does GDT has the function:when you are aiming by weapon's ironsight or aimpoint, you can still look around by press "Alt" ? I have ever notice such function in one of youtube video clip, it's very useful and cool. But I never found a addons to fulfill such function.

GREAT MOD, Thankyou. just wondering if there are any plans to update it to operation arrowhead?