Sign in to follow this  
williek

Edimensional glasses review on ofp vietnam

With regards to this post:

interesting gif

Seventh has this post about the glasses with more info coming soon:

"if you have time I suggest you check out some pretty cool new hardware that works with OFP and other games. Its Edimensional 3D Glasses, they are damn good and about the same price as a good joystick. I've tried similar glasses before ( I think we all have ) but they were pretty ordinary and weren't worth the time or money to setup, but it looks like these guys have got it right. New Nvidia drivers support them as well...

Also they have a motion tracking system as well that is pretty funky... check them out Here and read the reviews from all well known gaming sites, all have said the same thing as me...One really cool effect is to have a fire fight in a forest very trippy in 3D..."

I'd say my accuracy went way up since I got mine. definitely a must have for the hard core smile.gif

They don't support my Kyro II sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 26 2002,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They don't support my Kyro II sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

they support my GF3. smile.gif

I just ordered a pair of the wireless glasses for myself, old Mister Frag is going to be another year older in a few days, and decided to get himself a new toy for hanging in there this long. biggrin.gif

I read a number of reviews, and if the thing works half as well as what I am led to believe, I'll never want to go back. You'll probably have to put up with a review of my own after a couple of days of use.

Ditto here smile.gif They should be here Thursday.

<rubbing proverbial hands together>

.:iX

those things sound great but i'm kinda low on cash so i'm gona have to wiat till may on my bday before i'll be getting these beauties. sad.gif

I had ordered them about a month ago when I first heard about em and they are great. Takes a little while to get adjusted to the new view and still have a hard time using a sniper gun after all this time. Other then that they work wonderful.

haha, that about nails it...

I'll try to explain...you see the world with 2 eyes so you have 2 perspectives, right? but in a game, as much as game makers can say something is 3D, it's really not, it's a 2D image with simulated depth. What the glasses do is use the software that comes with it to convert the output of your game into a left and right perspective. The shuttering of the glasses happens faster than the eye can detect, so you end up seeing only one perspective with each eye, hence, when your brain registers the image it is in true 3D because you're seeing a left and right perspective like the real world (which is why you lose depth perception when you close one eye).

Basically, it looks like you took the glass off your monitor and you can reach inside it. Some images look like they are coming out of the screen at you, others appear far off in the distance like they should. Does this help??

Yes that does help a lot but for that kind of money its not convincing .. its  a pity u cant test them before u buy them smile.gif. Sounds a lil dodgey tounge.gif. Also is that $99 US or 99 pounds or what cos my Aust currency is worth jack and shit .. and jack left town .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PanzerGrenadier2 @ Mar. 27 2002,18:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes that does help a lot but for that kind of money its not convincing .. its  a pity u cant test them before u buy them smile.gif. Sounds a lil dodgey tounge.gif. Also is that $99 US or 99 pounds or what cos my Aust currency is worth jack and shit .. and jack left town .<span id='postcolor'>

I found a site in Australia that sell the wireless version for

$209.95 inc GST ...

http://www.pcaviator.com.au/shop/3DWiredGlasses.htm

Start saving..or selling your body parts for science experiments. sad.gif

gonk

I have a pair of ASUS glasses. They were fun for about one week to show off some friends. Havn't used them since then. Playing 3D-shooters with 3d-glasses is bloody difficult, since it is very hard to aim. To run with a decent framerate you also need a bloody good monitor. Since the drivers render each screen twice (one for the left eye and the other for the right) you need to double you refresh rate. I have had 100 Hz which equals 50 Hz in the glasses and you very soon get a headache of that.

I am a freak. I can play few hours with less than 100Hz with my 3d glasses and not get a headache. But if I don't get my morning coffee I might get officially pronounced dead.

Good thing my monitor runs with a 107Khz bandwidth. Guess I'll just set OFP to run in 800x600@170Hz tounge.gif

Voila! 85Hz effective refresh-rate with the glasses biggrin.gif

ana_glasses_cyan.jpg

I have a pair of "3D Glasses" already, paid a dollar for them long time ago. Never did try them with OFP or any other games, only when watching selected movies now and then.

-=Die Alive=-

you can, but the color is just strange and they are rather annoying. The image quality and 3D effect makes gameplay worse with the red/blue IMO.

Shadow, you should be in real good shape with that type of refresh rate. if you can get over 100Hz normally (before halving it), you won't notice any flicker at all.

It should indicate it on the back of the monitor. If not, there's always the manual? smile.gif

1600 x 1200 / 76 Hz Åž 1280 x 1024 / 90 Hz Åž 1024 x 768 / 118 Hz Åž 800 x 600 / 152 Hz Åž 640 x 480 / 160 Hz

I love my iiyama wink.gif

paintfreak67 one simple way to find out what your monitor can do is pretend you're going to buy it again, go to some online store such as Dabs.com scan.co.uk or whichever is your nations equivalent, that should give you your specs smile.gif

Or ask the monitor itself:

Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced -> Monitor -> Refresh Rate

Make sure that the "Display only supported refresh rates" checkbox is marked, and you should see what your monitor can do. Also, the DirectX Control Panel can display all supported resolutions and refresh rates.