Sign in to follow this  
BCA Cat Toaster

[aas50S] Battle for Krasnostav 1.6

aas=Advance and Secure (The Game-Mode, shows up as "Hold" in the Server-Browser)

50=Current maximum amount of Players on this Map

S=Small (there is also M=Medium/L=Large/T=Template); Mainly specifies the distances between the objectives. Small Maps offer less traveling, more fighting and of course need less players.

Hi Community!

This was my first attempt making an AAS-Mission ever based on the AAS-Templates and -Scripts made by CoolBox-SBS-. It´s a small and Infantry-Based scenario in an urban environment. This mission is part of the official AAS-Mission-Pack by CoolBox-SBS featuring always all the latest improvements and Bugfixes in AAS-Game-Mode itself. The current Map-Pack features version 1.5 of this mission, 1.6 will be part of the next Mission-Pack-Release and is currently only available for testing and preview on our server. I slightly relocated the objectives B and E for more cover.

Some Screens:

BattleforKrasnostav.JPG

Krasnostav.JPG

Download

If you´re interested in Hosting this and many other maps, Modding or just Designing own AAS-Missions based on some great Templates, make sure to get the latest AAS-Mission-Pack here. Using the provided Templates makes it possible to design your own AAS-Mission without any Scripting-Knowledge! Just focus on relocating objectives, gameplay and adding additional stuff via the Editor.

Hmm?? What´s this AAS-Stuff all about?

AAS is a Team vs Team Multiplayer-Mode. In case you´re new to AAS here´s an overview with additional links how it works, explaining the HUD, general Tactics and specific key-controls.

If you´re interested in general AAS upcoming Features, known Issues or giving Feedback, reporting Bugs and Feature-Requests, please visit the related AAS-Project-Site over at dev-heaven.

Bye

Toaster

Edited by BCA Cat Toaster

My clan has been playing this map a lot lately, it has a great CQB atmosphere to it.. Defenitly worth a try for anyone that likes close quarters combat :)

This seems very nice, i just hope servers will host it.....

The latest version of this mission is available now as a part of the latest Beta09 V.05 r304-Release.

Release-Notes:

- Dozens of varied, new maps using the very latest zone templates and features (total of 46 maps in the pack)

- Contains AAS-Templates for Island Panthera

- Contains three AAS-Missions on Island Panthera (LittleBird-Addon req. on Server and Clients!)

- More than 50 bugfixes and quality improvements

- Expansion to 100 player support for super-size battles

- New kit system with graphical selection menu for classes, rifles and teams

- Five different "rule sets" which customize kits and gameplay, to suit your server style

Checkout our "AAS Rulesets explained" to find out what you like.

The most popular AAS mission out there. Excellent mission. :bounce3:

thx kju :-). "Big" from Armaholic just told me that the whole package with all Rulesets and Templates can get as small as 400kb (from 16MB now) by using the 7-Zip Ultra-Settings. So he did that already and so will I.

So thank you very much Big for telling and providing News and a Mirror for that smaller package. You can get it here -> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7488

I´ll update our DL-Version to that smaller package soon.

Please note also, that the r304-Package shows up internally Ingame as r303, we just fixed a minor bug in the Hint-System discovered by kju and missed that in the version-count.

Good job :thumb:

But you should definitely put back the AI option in the AAS missions, it would help public server admins to get more people joining.

Edited by Lonestar

That´s the plan LoneStar1, 100% agreed. We want the AI also back but in a much better shape than in the earlier releases. According to CoolBox this is going to take about 15 hours of coding and therefore it won´t happen soon. :-(

Perhaps we should go for a "quick and dirty" implementation meanwhile, what do you think?

Another point: We tested yesterday one of the latest AAS-Alpha-Releases for four hours with 50 players on AGW without any problems, so I suggest everyone who´s interested should give it a go. Especially AAS-Mission-Designers should use the latest Templates therein. Click the following Link for Download and to read about the latest changes

Download Official AAS Complete Pack Alpha r419

Edited by BCA Cat Toaster