Sign in to follow this  
Oleg-Russia

BTR90 and BMP3 FIX REQUIRED!

I`m waiting already a long time for a patch from BI wich will finaly fix the cockpit windows glas inside BMP3 and BTR90.The problem is that windows aren`t transparent while you are driving inside the btr90 or bmp3 they are just white so you can`t see through them and this driving me crazy i get feeling , like no one of the developers is playing their own game to seek for such elementar bugs.Just enter the BTR90 and BMP3 and take a look from inside.

P.S. Are you planning to release patch wich will allow the game run on 4gb of memory and more ,instead of crappy 2gb ,even Battlefield 2 is using 4gb of memory max.And Arma 2 is next game so to say and uses just 2gb ,ECH !!!

I`m getting crazy of errors that Arma 2 couldn`t allocate 1kb of memory.

And even worser after new beta patch ,before game was crashing with memory error(mine memory is OK ,arma2 is the only game wich have problems with it) but after i`ve installed new beta patch , game is not crashing anymore ,game is just freezing , so the only way out is to reset your pc ,because it doesn`t reacts at Ctrl+Alt+Del or Alt+F4. This is boring BI.

Edited by Oleg-Russia

Cant you press Numpad 0 inside those vehicles and get the normal tank view? I dont know, just asking. :)

Why should you press numpad 0 in these vehicles and not in most others? Doesn't make any sense to me. You gain nothing by looking around in the vehicle itself.

Engine limitation. Use optics or 3rd person if available.

couldn't they just raise the height of the driver view lod, and make the viewports into windows, to at least fake a periscope effect?

press ctrl+v to toggle the view, in ARMA1 it was v, but now they have V as hop and toggle view in cockpit is ctrl+v, or you could play in veteran mode which i think toggles inner view to window view with 0(numpad)

I wish the passangers had a functioning window, whats the cloudy window for if you can't see through it =P, the right and left gunners of the bmp3 also dont have anything to aim their guns with (unless they turn out (i think))

Why should you press numpad 0 in these vehicles and not in most others? Doesn't make any sense to me. You gain nothing by looking around in the vehicle itself.

Didnt say that you have to - but it works for now. If he wanted to play until it gets fixed.

EDIT: I mean you get into the usual view after pressing "0" so there isnt really a big problem is it? The biggest problem is that we have only that "2D" view straight out. Its very hard to drive with it. 3D cockpits for all vehicles would be prefered, and well see if we get that through patches or more of them in OpA.

Edited by Alex72

Read the BI dev's statement.

Yes there is a difference.

Armored_Sheep fails to see what the bug is about im affraid. It works in Arma/OFP and Im quite sure ArmA2 can still have windows in tanks :j:

Funny. Interesting way you think about him.

Do you really believe it is no longer possible for no good reasons?

my guess is that if it actually is the way that armored sheep says, and isn't possible, I'm willing to bet it's caused by the super shader. The super shader was added in arma 2, and only since arma 2 have you not been able to use the alpha trick, I don't think it's a coincidence. In general though, it shouldn't be an issue with that specific issue, there should be no issue making windows for a vehicle....

...... In general though, it shouldn't be an issue with that specific issue, there should be no issue making windows for a vehicle....

They aren't windows though. The BTR-90 (as well as the BMP-3) have periscopes. If you look at the images you will see the difference between periscopes and windows.

External View of BTR-90s periscopes for Driver

Internal View of Periscopes in a BTR-90

*The internal image is the rear cargo periscope because I couldn't find a picture of the drivers periscope from the interior, but its the exact same design

In Arma 1 the periscope's were "faked" in certain vehicles interiors such as the BRDM-2 and the M113 Driver's seat.

I dont think anything about him, I just cant believe it isnt possible to make holes in the model to make windows (or fake periscopes).

I`m waiting already a long time for a patch from BI wich will finaly fix the cockpit windows glas inside BMP3 and BTR90.The problem is that windows aren`t transparent while you are driving inside the btr90 or bmp3 they are just white .

there is somekind of problem with alpha-channel in Arma2

i have the same problems with M113 and my Bradley and BIS Eotech sometimes

so it is problem in engine

some glass seems to be not working

What about the AAVP7A? Or isnt that what your talking about? Have to go in and test, but i think it has a cockpit with windows.