Sign in to follow this  
jreaper

Bell uh1

can anyone tell me where i can get a UH1 helicopter, like they used in vietnam. if there is on of course or if there will be one

i don't think there has been one released official or unofficial. i would like one tho. sometimes blackhawks and chinooks just don't fit my mission theme.

plus the huey was still in sevice in '85, we don't use them for ops anymore, but jump them for fun sometimes.

There is no UH1 in OFP yet, and will not be until someone with tools makes on. Or Independent Lost is released (in which we spotted a UH1 on a screenshot smile.gif

[FILO] HuBBa

hueys are still used by the USMC but not as much as a CH-46 or a CH-53

::drools over possible official V22/unofficial oxygen one::

I'm making a couple of Hueys but I still need close ups for textures and reference of exterior and interior for mainly the UH-1D and the UH-1H and any sounds if any one has some.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Intruder @ Mar. 28 2002,10:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is one from VBS1:

marine-9e.jpg

Maybe Op Vietnam will be making one?<span id='postcolor'>

That UH-1N is also in Independence Lost, so we will get it eventually.

They are also making one for Operation Vietnam if I am not mistaken. I expect it'll be a bog standard UH-1.

Jubs

I really wish people would stop whining about getting a Huey. It must be the number one most whined about thing in this forum sad.gif

maybee thats why it should be the number 1 thing on BIS's list to release in the next patch.

Uhm, no it shouldn't. Screw Huey, as there is nothing the current helicopters in the game can't do that Huey can. Just because few folks think it's "cool" is hardly a reason.

I say stop whining and go do something else.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 08 2002,00:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uhm, no it shouldn't.  Screw Huey, as there is nothing the current helicopters in the game can't do that Huey can.  Just because few folks think it's "cool" is hardly a reason.

I say stop whining and go do something else.<span id='postcolor'>

I say you should cool down and think about the situation, a few fans and current gamers of the mod, are respectfully asking for the UH1 because it as a chopper has been a favorite in looks, and might even have a special meaning to them. If we were looking at just the helicopters that server a purpose.. we wouldn't need any for the patches, but the fact is, we do have them... now lay off. mad.gif

The Huey besides the fact that it looks cool, it also is one bad piece of machinery. Me personally I would give just about every helo in the game (besides the AH-1 and the CH-46 plus every armored vehicle) for a Huey...the Huey can do every single role done by every helo in the game. Yeah maybe it cant carry as many troops as the 46 but I would still love to have it. So everyone who keeps saying to stop whining just be quiet. I want a Huey and will rejoice the day we are finally given one.

You all just dont get it... the resistance need a chopper and why not a huey, or for the civilian I mean thouse two haven got any thing lately..

Im a huey fan too but i think that the us side is frowing toostrong... Also as long there will be a huey in the game im happe i can allways reskin it for ya when it comes.

biggrin.gif

Resistance is a small group of rebels who can hardly afford to maintain their small group of T55s, much less a multi-million dollar chopper like UH-1. Besides, why the hell would Russians fly an American chopper, especially during the cold war era this game is set in ?

This is a message board, where people exchange ideas, opinions and so on. So if I oppose another whining topic asking for a chopper only because it's "fun" then try and stop me, you'll hear from me time and time again. Because I'd hate to see this game turn into a total chopper war.

I can understand that and respect you opinion, but at the end of the day you have choice over what you download and what is included in the missions that you make.

You and the select individuals who oppose the addition of a Huey into OFP will not stop a 3rd party modeler from adding it when it become possable...and it will one day and it will happen...i can guarantee it.

It has come to a point where we are nolonger having rational and reasonable converations about what should and what shoudn't be added into the game for BIS to put in...we are now (or at least soon will be) at a point where we descus it and put it in whether it fits very well or works is neither here nor there...we have as many addons as we want, whether everyone wants them or not.

Jubs

Does anyone agree that an 'aimable' spotlight would be cool? Last time I mentioned it the thread died.

THUNK!! The sound of this thread keeling over dead!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heckler @ April 09 2002,18:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">THUNK!!  The sound of this thread keeling over dead!<span id='postcolor'>

Oh no I've done it again! Someone stop me before I kill again. biggrin.gif