theavonlady

OFP Addon request thread

I have a quick request to make, you guys know the music that was in VTE0.4? Can someone please make a music file so i can use it in the regular flashpoint and it would be excessible from the Trigger menu on the mission editor? thanks!

An example of how to do it yourself :

Take 2 vte04 music ogg files, rename both of them to :

nameofmusic1.ogg

nameofmusic2.ogg

Create a new folder, name this folder exactly :

music

Put the files nameofmusic1.ogg and nameofmusic2.ogg inside of it

Create a new folder, name it by example

PBONAME

Put the "music" folder inside of the PBONAME folder.

So the ogg music files will be in

\PBONAME\music\

In the PBONAME folder, create a new text file, inside copy paste this :

// some basic defines
#define TWest 0
#define TWest 1
#define TGuerrila 2
#define TCivilian 3
#define TSideUnknown 4
#define TEnemy 5
#define TFriendly 6
#define TLogic 7

#define true 1
#define false 0

// type scope
#define private 0
#define protected 1
#define public 2

#define WeaponNoSlot				0// dummy weapons
#define WeaponSlotPrimary		1// primary weapons
#define WeaponSlotSecondary	16// secondary weapons
#define WeaponSlotItem			256// items
#define WeaponSlotBinocular	4096// binocular
#define WeaponHardMounted		65536

class CfgPatches
{
class VTE04_testMusic
	{
	units[]={};
	weapons[]={};
	requiredAddons[]= {};
	requiredVersion=1.85;
	};
};

class CfgMusic
{
class VTE04_Music1
	{
	name="Music 1 VTE04";
	sound[]={"\PBONAME\music\nameofmusic1.ogg",1,1};
	};

class VTE04_Music2
	{
	name="Music 2 VTE04";
	sound[]={"\PBONAME\music\nameofmusic2.ogg",1,1};
	};
};

Close the new text file and save the changes.

Rename this new text file into exactly :

config.cpp

Now , with MakePBO by example, select the folder PBONAME and transform it into PBONAME.pbo

Drop PBONAME.pbo into \anymodfolder\addons\

That's all, ingame you will see in the triggers 2 new music in the list : "Music 1 VTE04" and "Music 2 VTE04".

Now if you change some folder names or music files names, change their corresponding entry accordingly in the config.cpp.

To add a 3rd music, add the class

class VTE04_Music3
	{
	name="Music 3 VTE04";
	sound[]={"\PBONAME\music\nameofmusic3.ogg",1,1};
	};

just after

class VTE04_Music2
	{
	name="Music 2 VTE04";
	sound[]={"\PBONAME\music\nameofmusic2.ogg",1,1};
	};

And drop nameofmusic3.ogg in the \PBONAME\music\ folder

Etc... for adding more music

Edited by Sanctuary

Riffleman;

Are you talking about the FN Minimi?...This is just a European version of the US M249(saw). Yes it exitists in serveral mods.

Edited by Zulu1

Yeah I would do it, but I cant find the music files, So can you tell me where they are? Thanks!

Edited by Burdy

@Burdy

Look in your VTE folder "x_vte_v0.4\addons". All of the sound and music files are in this file "VTE_sounds.pbo".

**Edit** You know in realilty all you need to do is copy the vte sound file to what ever other addon folder you want to use and all the music will be available to you for use in other missions. There appears to be no dependencies to other VTE files.

Edited by Zulu1

Is there any AK47 riffle available with scope and silent.

Search OFPR.info for AK or something like that and you should find plenty.

Also try to show a little initiative in finding out things for your self instead of just having others do the work for you.

STGN

There are many of them shown on window when i do search.but hard to know which is suitable.

Well I can't tell you which are suitable, the RHS looks good I think but marine pack also quit good the list goes on.

STGN

This may not be something possible in OFP at all...but...

Has anyone looked at a mod for crew-served vehicles that would enable independent targeting and weapon firing?

For example: An AH-64 crew of pilot and gunner. A mod that would enable the pilot (you) to give the gunner the capability to target and fire the weapon you select for him, while simultaneously allowing the pilot to target and fire a different weapon system?

You would give the gunner the chain gun (for example) and the command "Engage at will". He targets and fires independently of any further order until ordered to stop. While at the same time, the pilot (player) can select other targets and use the any of the remaining weapons (Hellfire, FFUR)?

Same thing with the M1 Abram tank. The commander could target and fire with the cannon while the gunner targets and fires the machine gun.

Its called right click, tab and space :) I don't think the you can fire two different weapons at the same time in OFP though.

Also what you are describing is not possible in an Abrams as fare as I know while the commander can fire the cannon independently having the gunner work the machingun at the same time is pointless as its always pointing in the same direction as the cannon.

STGN

Its called right click, tab and space :) I don't think the you can fire two different weapons at the same time in OFP though.

Also what you are describing is not possible in an Abrams as fare as I know while the commander can fire the cannon independently having the gunner work the machingun at the same time is pointless as its always pointing in the same direction as the cannon.

STGN

Okay so maybe not the OFP Abrams...although the flex machine gun on a real Abrams is able to be articulated by the gunner away from the cannon aimpoint. And certainly there is a lot of reality that is compromised away due to this being a game. But hey, it's worth asking right?

Sure, hope I didn't sound offensive? I didn't know the M2 on an Abrams could be used by the gunner thought only the commander(Commander's Weapon Station) had that ability.

STGN

Sure, hope I didn't sound offensive? I didn't know the M2 on an Abrams could be used by the gunner thought only the commander(Commander's Weapon Station) had that ability.

STGN

No no...no offense taken my friend.

I'm using GRAA + ww4mod + ECP + BergHoff's flora replacement pack + some vehicles addons to replace original vehicles. I'm searching for few things:

1. Wound system like in arma2. For example when you're critically wounded you lay down on the ground and scream for corpsman without possibility of shooting.

2. In addition to first point I would like to be able to drag and carry and heal (:)) wounded soldier (I know both of the above are in SLX mod but from what I know it's not compatible with ECP + GRAA/ww4mod).

3. I'm searching for mod which would add aiming system like in arma/arma2 where you actually see original 3d weapon model while using ironsights instead of 2d ofp weapon model.

Also maybe thats not the right place to ask but is it possible to remove "Bleeding!" information from right top corner from ECP without removing actual bleeding effect? If so, how I can do that?

[...]

3. I'm searching for mod which would add aiming system like in arma/arma2 where you actually see original 3d weapon model while using ironsights instead of 2d ofp weapon model.

[...]

About 3, I'm afraid this isn't possible with the original ofp engine, I never saw any 3d ironsight. But maybe I'm wrong.

About 3, I'm afraid this isn't possible with the original ofp engine, I never saw any 3d ironsight. But maybe I'm wrong.

I thought so, but I was hoping for miracle. :)

The one in the video is mine.

I still have it in an unfinished state.It functions,as in,it flys and the weapons work.But I didn't get around to tackling the APC loading/unloading.I also restarted the texturing in some areas,as the geometry was changed to make it look more accurate.For various reasons the project just wasn't finished.

The one in the pics was from another project.I think Nephilim and a few others worked on that.But there weren't any releases,so don't go searching for them.

:)

Somebody is working on this (Not sure if it's the same model. If it's freeware then probably) for ArmA 2 and possibly ArmA 1.

I would have loved to see a dropship released for OFP but I guess it wasn't meant to be. :)