Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Aircraft Throttle

Weren't the aircraft supposed to get analog throttle? It still seems the same as it has been since ArmA.

Try the control binds. I think the analogue controls are not bound. The aircraft have analogue throttle, but 50% is 0%, 100% is 100% throttle, and 0% is 100% airbrakes.

So basically it's either full speed ahead warp 10 or full stop? Essentially the same thing but you don't have to hold down Q and Z then eh?

So basically it's either full speed ahead warp 10 or full stop? Essentially the same thing but you don't have to hold down Q and Z then eh?

No, it is not at all like it. Before, 100% throttle was speed up, 50% was maintain speed, 0% was slow down. So, if your throttle was at 50%, if you went into a climb, the computer would throttle up, and if you went into a dive, it would deploy the speedbrakes. The player had no direct control over the throttle at all.

Oh I see, so now you have complete variable control. I'd still like a system similar to OFP where even if you were using a keyboard you could manually adjust throttle and have it stick there.

Yep. I would like that so much too - complete variable control.

Simply because it's realistic.

I cannot really understand why this had ever been changed?

Were developers led by arcadish thoughts? ;-)

Yep. I would like that so much too - complete variable control.

Simply because it's realistic.

I cannot really understand why this had ever been changed?

Were developers led by arcadish thoughts? ;-)

signed.. again, for the 8th time. ish.

keyboard needs analogue just as much as joystick. If not more so. but a power indicator might be necessary I don't know.

The analog throttle is FUBAR right now so you aren't missing out on much..trust me

LOL ? ... this time I had to google words to understand the last two posts ... am I getting old?

Only for other mature gamers:

FUBAR = Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition

lulztastic = still unkown, though googled ... :-(

FUBAR is a United States Marine Corps acronym for what you said. It can also mean "Fucked Up Beyond All Repair". Sorry, I sometimes use Marine lingo around civvies not thinking about it. Where I'm from we're familiar with FUBAR, FIIGO, and because I'm a pilot, FIFI, etc etc...

lulztastic basically means something that made you laugh.

FUBAR is a United States Marine Corps acronym for what you said. It can also mean "Fucked Up Beyond All Repair". Sorry, I sometimes use Marine lingo around civvies not thinking about it. Where I'm from we're familiar with FUBAR, FIIGO, and because I'm a pilot, FIFI, etc etc...

lulztastic basically means something that made you laugh.

Lulztastic is just another way of writing lol.. "laugh out loud".

Sorta. lol is just saying you laughed. If something is lulztastic it is funny, not laughing. There is a difference.

lulztastic = still unkown, though googled ... :-(

Every time somebody says lulztastic they compliment me on the size of my manhood and confess to their own inferiority as a male.

Sorta. lol is just saying you laughed. If something is lulztastic it is funny, not laughing. There is a difference.

LOL = laugh out loud (funny)

ROFLOL = rolling on floor laughing out loud (really funny)

ROFLOLPMP = rolling on floor laughing out loud peeing my pants (piss your pants funny)

lulztastic = something that is funny but doesn't make you laugh? - (tiny bit funny?)

OK got it I think? I am getting OLD!

Seriously...we're descussing on the meaning of the term lulz combined with suffix of 'tastic? I never knew there were people that out-of-touch with the internet.

Thanx cogamers!

Think I got it now. :)

Seriously...we're descussing on the meaning of the term lulz combined with suffix of 'tastic? I never knew there were people that out-of-touch with the internet.

Sorry to you, Steakslim. That I dared to ask? :D

But the internet itself gave no explanation - as I wrote? :confused:

Be assured that I (have to) use the internet all day long, mostly for serious, I mean: professional reasons.

May I compare you with someone who's hobby is collecting, lez say: cartoons?

And after going through a lot of specialized internetpages enjoys the feeling that "at last" 80 percent of the internet is about cartoons?:eek:

There's more to the internet. More people. More content.

And I always knew there are people "that out-of-touch with" good behaviour.

And I always knew there are people "that out-of-touch with" good behaviour.

I don't think Steakslim was trying to insult you in any way. From what I can tell he was just wondering why there was so much discussion about a simple composite internet slang word. I felt the same way.

For the record:

lulz = funny

tastic = pseudo-suffix derived from fantastic

Therefore: lulztastic = funny + fantastic = insanely funny :)