Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Weapon smoke replacement

I never liked the super weird smoke effect given off by the Arma2 guns. It was mostly the fact that the smoke didn't move in the direction that you were firing, it always moved straight in front of you, even if you were aiming straight up. It was also WAY too visible, and as a gun user it was very unrealistic to me. I made this effect based on some videos I made of me shooting my SKS, so it is at least based on a military rifle. It isn't as intense as it should be for machine guns, but all rifles have to use the same effect unfortunately.

Mirrors are appreciated!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7168

Thank you Armaholic!

x8sKXYMwvNQ

neat embedding, thanks Deadfast!

edit***might as well post a screen of my test platform lol

sks1.jpg

these loader clips are usually 10 rounds, but due to Canadian law only 5 shots are allowed, so we just cut them in half. The gun is also modified to only allow 5 rounds.

It could be changed to 10 but I keep everything legal.

sks2.jpg

This thing is LOUD. I mean stupid loud. very little kick though.

Edited by Sakura_Chan

Awesome work, I don't suppose this string of releases might be followed up with that Black Hawk you were working on? :D

Damn this looks so much better. No more cumulus clouds coming out of the barrel, lol.

As above .... loving your work Sakura_Chan. Where do you get all this time to recode this stuff? Wherever it is from KEEP ON GOING !!!

As above .... loving your work Sakura_Chan. Where do you get all this time to recode this stuff? Wherever it is from KEEP ON GOING !!!

Its a combination of

a) using stuff I've made over the years in my spare time

b) unscheduled employment interruption

c) insomnia

Updated the post with a video, how do I embed a youtube video btw?

how do I embed a youtube video btw?

x8sKXYMwvNQ

Quote my post to see the tags :)

This is awesome, why did ArmA 2 have this weird smoke anyway? CoD4 didn't have it...

Damn this looks so much better. No more cumulus clouds coming out of the barrel, lol.

ya not realistic anymore...

IRL , if your fire burst of more than 10 rounds (with any machine gun except the M2 strangely) you wont see your target at all and it gets worst as your barrel heats

Arma can't simulate that though. You'll at least agree that smoke should move in the direction that the weapon is pointing, right? And this effect isn't based on machine guns, it is based on rifles.

Just a question Sakura but would it be possible to make it only change the smoke for for the rifles and leave the MGs default? just a thought, Nice mod mate

Looks great, however I was wondering if you could make it a little bit more dense/visible? It's nearly impossible to see except against a dark background.

If possible, I would also recommend making it more "explosive" rather than having the smoke creep out of the barrel, per se. And (I feel like an ass for being so picky right now :p) is it possible to make the muzzle flash more transparent so that it's not so bright in daylight?

Thank you so much Sakura-chan! This has bothered me ever since the game launch. Now I can see where I'm shooting at! I was going to make a request about this, but it seems like you already got it handled.:)

Also, is it tough to completely remove the gun flares while you shoot? Its gets so bad during night battles, your aim becomes pointless. I hope you consider working on that in the near future.

Thanks again.

Mods like these really improve the game. Thx!

I want to use this but also your night lighting mod. Both have same key file i.e. saku.bikey

Can I just rename one of the files? or how do I use both keys?

Edited by OverDawg

OverDawg hade you tryied to use both Addons on diferent folders?

Making 2 folders might work; like : -mod=@Sakulight;@Sakusmoke

Mods like these really improve the game. Thx!

I want to use this but also your night lighting mod. Both have same key file i.e. saku.bikey

Can I just rename one of the files? or how do I use both keys?

The bikey file is for servers only, and is a specific author's key to verify bisign files. All the client need to worry about are the .bisign files, which should be PBO-specific :)

Yeah I might make a more complex addon that gives each weapon the proper smoke. I haven't started working on it though.

...and as a gun user...

You just became that much sexier, in my books.

Abs

Thanks for this small mod, but needed! This is better with no smoke fps killer...

Can you update this exellant mod with reduce muzzle flashes on daytime?

Edited by Affe-mit-Waffe

sakuweaponfire doesnt work with patch 1.07 ...Update in plan ?