FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

How is CMs flashpoint site better than ArmA2? The flashpoint site uses flash and that usually make a website quite nonuser friendly and boring (and that the case here too). Then there is zero information to be found and it has a stupid age form before you enter it.

Im not talking about the info displayed. Im just saying it looks more visually appealing.

All the graphics and shiz.

Gnat;1271697']Agree totally. OFP2 will drift towards picking up the BF2 "quick-game" types' date=' ArmA2 will likely stay true to the "War Sim".[/b']

Come on man where did you get this idea from, its clear your just making it up since codemasters have not stated that.

You cant draw a conclusion based on the info about OFP: DR, since codemasters have not released much yet.

Maybe i'll think your point isnt garbage once we view some recent actual gameplay footage, what codemasters have given us is either really pre alpha and short, or some pre rendered garbage from ages ago.

They say they are working on some gameplay trailers and such so that should be good, so we get a real feel for the game.

But saying its gona turn into that BF2 garbage is silly IMO.

I know you didnt mean it and was just a little emotional, but still. *hugs*

Come on man. It's clear they are going towards BF2 garbage gameplay if you look at it. HUD is full of arcade stuff like a magical compass on the screen, pictures of the weapon you are using, they went for the basic fps camera with fixed crosshair and so... it all looks arcade.

Come on man. It's clear they are going towards BF2 garbage gameplay if you look at it. HUD is full of arcade stuff like a magical compass on the screen, pictures of the weapon you are using, they went for the basic fps camera with fixed crosshair and so... it all looks arcade.

Yeah thats all on easy mode for the casual gamers who will pick up the game, play it and then move on.

On the hardcore mode there isnt any of that normal shiz you would see in an arcade type game.

Look i dont know if it will be called hardcore lol, but you get what i mean. They were even talking about it in one of the recent magazine previews (or was it that eurogamer preview from the other day?).

But yeah. Screw you all !!!! =p

This game series owns one of the most close minded fanboy army of all.

You know, the same people giving out about innaccuracies in OFP 2 are the same people giving out about innacuracies in BIS games. It works both ways.

Yeah thats all on easy mode for the casual gamers who will pick up the game, play it and then move on.

On the hardcore mode there isnt any of that normal shiz you would see in an arcade type game.

There shouldn't be any of those except in the easy mode. Clearly tells they are making the game more suitable for arcade run&gun play style.

There shouldn't be any of those except in the easy mode. Clearly tells they are making the game more suitable for arcade run&gun play style.

In one of the recent hands on previews the negative point about it was that it wasnt a game for the gung ho crowd.

They were playing it on an easier setting meaning they had some hud things like mentioned above.

They dont have more health, the AI are just as smart as on the hardest mode so theres no point to just running in rambo style, you will get owned. This is a military sim just like ArmA2 will be.

Good thing this game should have a demo coming out sometime before release which i hope isnt too far away. Look forward to the massive praise and love of it on the OFP: DR forums, and also to the massive hate on these forums.

If ArmA2 release a demo, im sure it will be the same but in reverse, massive praise and love of it here, but hate in the OFP: DR forums.

Will be a good day indeed. Why cant we all just be friends? :bounce3:

Why cant we all just be friends? :bounce3:

You my friend, do not make it easy.

But yeah. Screw you all !!!! =p

Haha yeah i just scrolled up and saw that.

Maybe i have one of those multiple personality disorders.

LOL ...... No one can suggest I said I will "hate" OFP: DR ..... funny enough, if its a good game I will DEFINATELY buy it, but for the record;

What I do HATE is BF2-like games ... hence I could very well end up hating OFP2

... you and a few others on both sides need to move on from thinking is all about "US VS. THEM"

Now, as unexpected as it may seem, I believe ofp2 has ultimately helped arma2. Many people didn't have any idea arma existed, besides the few hardcore ofp players. Now that codemasters has released a big mainstream game, many average people have been exposed to the concept of the "military simulator". Now, you might say, "but ofp2 is stealing all the glory". I say, they might be trying, but arma2 is benefiting from this. Many people are being exposed to the new ingame and fake videos of ofp2, while our fans (or trolls lol) have commented on the videos exposing them as not living up to the title, and showing them how the game video is fake/cgi. Also showing them how the ingame stuff sucks compared to what they were talking about. Then, arma2 is exposed as the real sequel to ofp, and a much better game. I don't think people realized how much of a benefit this is, so keep up the good work on showing people the hands down better game. It's important that the better game have the most players, and BIS cant do that on their own. :pistols:

Yea for the people who never followed OFPs transition to Arma, OFP2 sure does let the door open for people to say that OFP2 is not Arma2. Which ends up leading into a conversation that spans between both Arma2 and OFP2 - which is ultimately free word of mouth advertising. So maybe... CM is doing us a favor.

Maybe.

OFP2 hasnt given us much info about the game. They are hopefully gona release some highest setting ingame screens and a high quality fresh gamepaly trailer that isnt from years ago.

Good thing demo for OFP2 will be out both before OFP2 actually releases and before ArmA2. Should be good. I'll be playing demo of both games before i make my decision.

Since Codemasters has bigger marketing budget and as such a bigger first influence/impact on (potential) buyers mindset/information IMHO it was very important for BIS to set things straight right away.

POTS is somehow right, but that is also the reason why BIS did react so directly and decisive to Codemasters claims that FP:DR is the successor of OFP, which it clearly isnt... so even calling it OFP2 isnt really correct... its FP:DR by all means...

I think OFP2 helped us end users a lot when it comes to the amount of things we will see in ArmA2 because BIS know they need to make a really kickass game if they wanna have a chance against CMs Marketing machinery.

So they gave all they could to show CM who is the boss in the genre, the inventors of OFP or the guys with the brand name.

In the end we will see who makes the better game but so far my money is on BIS however more time and a bigger budget may also be good arguments for CM... well see.

our fans (or trolls lol)

You're welcome my good sir, it was a pleasure.

Not only has the competition raised the bar for both of them, but they are both going to benefit from eachothers advertising.

How many reviewers will mention one without the other?

To some extent I forsee confusion. When I sent my American friend out to the shops to buy Hidden and Dangerous, he asked for the latest WW2 Tac shooter and came back with Call of Duty.

The power of a massive marketing/distribution machine in action.

But overall I don't see many sales being an "either, or" decision. I forsee people who like either one title, wanting to buy both.

Yeah, I can foresee a lot of comparing in either of the game's reviews.

If ArmA II gets to be better in the end I'd expect DR being a part of its PR (ArmA II, unlike DR, has...) :)

Now, as unexpected as it may seem, I believe ofp2 has ultimately helped arma2. Many people didn't have any idea arma existed, besides the few hardcore ofp players. Now that codemasters has released a big mainstream game, many average people have been exposed to the concept of the "military simulator". Now, you might say, "but ofp2 is stealing all the glory". I say, they might be trying, but arma2 is benefiting from this. Many people are being exposed to the new ingame and fake videos of ofp2, while our fans (or trolls lol) have commented on the videos exposing them as not living up to the title, and showing them how the game video is fake/cgi. Also showing them how the ingame stuff sucks compared to what they were talking about. Then, arma2 is exposed as the real sequel to ofp, and a much better game. I don't think people realized how much of a benefit this is, so keep up the good work on showing people the hands down better game. It's important that the better game have the most players, and BIS cant do that on their own. :pistols:

You're right, I first saw OFP:DR on X-Play, and when I was on youtube like a thousand people were comparing it to ArmA2, so I looked that up and here I am.

Let's not forget guys it's called OFP Dragon Rice.. "cough" Rising now , not OFP 2 DR

If Arma2 comes out slightly before OFP2, the OFP2 reviews will have the words "Arma2" all over it.

"Compared to Arma2 (The successor to Bohemia's Interactive's "Arma", whom were also the original creators of Operation Flashpoint), OFP2 did not come with flyable aircraft." etc, etc.

If review websites tap into Arma2 and compare it to OFP2 in its reviews, thats also a lot of free advertising.

Yeah. I commented on the G4 site asking if they would do an interview on ArmA II. I'm going to go check on that...

Edit:

No-one further commented on my comment.

What happened to the Rice?

Suddenly there are no more news about it..

Maybe the Rice is raw?