Sign in to follow this  
Inkompetent

INKO Disposable

Thank you for this! Default behavior for disposable launchers is ridiculous.

I suggest making it take up 1 single ammo slot in the primary ammo slot. In reality the AT-4 isnt taking up any space that you need, your pouches are still there, its just either slinged on your back or carried in/on a vehicle.

I second this suggestion. There needs to be an actual advantage to using the disposable launchers rather than just drawbacks. By making the rocket take up 3 slots you're effectively giving it the same encumbrance as an RPG7VR + launcher, which makes no sense. The number of slots taken up should approximate the relative weight / encumbrance of the weapons in real life.

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

203884.gif

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - CBA: Community Base Addons

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1042][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/203884.gif][/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1002]DOWNLOAD - CBA: Community Base Addons[/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1042]DOWNLOAD - INKO Disposable (v.1.01) - [5 KB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1002]DOWNLOAD - CBA: Community Base Addons[/url]

Thank you, Old Bear! Mirror added to first post.

And as a clarification on the battlefield clearing I thought of letting the tubes stay on the battlefield for 30 minutes, or starting to remove them for a maximum of X empty tubes simultanously. Guess about a hundred tubes or so, but nothing decided.

I'm not sure I want to change the ammo size to even less at the moment (although people are of course free to change it in personal versions if they want to). I am however pondering how the ammunition can be removed completely without messing things up too badly.

Great idea and nice work,

try posting it into Featuretracker, because its very unbalanced atm in original game.

Hope it gets implemented :)

Thank you, Old Bear! Mirror added to first post.

And as a clarification on the battlefield clearing I thought of letting the tubes stay on the battlefield for 30 minutes, or starting to remove them for a maximum of X empty tubes simultanously. Guess about a hundred tubes or so, but nothing decided.

I'm not sure I want to change the ammo size to even less at the moment (although people are of course free to change it in personal versions if they want to). I am however pondering how the ammunition can be removed completely without messing things up too badly.

About the "tubes cleanup": How about creating a .hpp file, so people can set the ammount of tubes before cleanup themselves? Ofcourse setting a default value there, like 50/100 launchers, but people could tweak it?

Um, speaking about the .hpp file kinda reminded me that we're lacking cartridges addons for ArmA2 :eek:

Sure. I could let the user set both the time and number themselves.

Never done anything like it before, so nice to tread some new ground :)

I found a very annoying bug:

If I save any mission, die, and want to load the save, I get:

You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.inko_realm136_v2

even though the addon is still loaded :(

Are you sure the script checking and deleting empty tubes doesnt have a higher impact then rendering an already loaded model?

cfgAddons used?

if so, remove it please @ Inko

use activateAddons instead if you need it for script created vehicles.

Yep, cfgAddons is used. But so, since the only addon prerequisite I have is XEH I can just leave both cfgAddons and activateAddons out completely?

And good find, Cole. The hotfix when I added the ammosize module as well was supposed to remedy that faulty cfgAddons entry. Seems like I managed to upload the wrong version >.<

Edited by Inkompetent

A little progress update:

I have aaaalmost got the the nosize module to work. Just a couple of bugs to squish in the fairly confusing loop- and if/else-maze.

As an addition I had intended for the reload key to throw away the empty tube. I haven't quite got to this stage yet (update to inko_disposable instead of a separate module like the rest of the stuff). If anyone know how to make use of keybinds (i.e. detecting what key is bound to 'Reload' I'd be happy for any links or pointers.

UPDATE!

v1.1 RELEASED!

Download here

Changelog:

- Added: Automatic ammunition management for players and AI. As long as you carry a M136 or RPG-18 you don't need to worry about ammo anymore.

- Added: Ammo won't take any inventory space for players. AI carries ammo as normal though, not to mess up their ability to fire.

- Added: Forced reload when weaponing launcher to simulate preparing the weapon.

- Added: Automatic throwaway of launcher when switching weapon

- Fixed: Player is no longer forced to kneel and drop weapon shortly after firing

- Broken: Discarded tubes might spin like a merry-go-round and bounce like a rubber ball.

Special thanks to zGuba for his assistance and cooperation!

No. As long as you have a working launcher you'll have ammo for it. But the launcher becomes worthless after you shoot it, so essentially you only have one shot per launcher weapon.

Edited by Inkompetent

This got so close to being perfect, thanks a lot Inko & zGuba.

If I may add a suggestion, you need to make up somehow for less AT rounds by adding more tubes:

class CfgVehicles {
class ReammoBox;

class USBasicAmmunitionBox : ReammoBox {
	class TransportMagazines {
		class _xx_M136 {count = 0;};
	};
};

class USLaunchersBox : USBasicAmmunitionBox {
	};
	class TransportWeapons {
		class _xx_M136 {count = 4;};
	};
};

class RUBasicAmmunitionBox : ReammoBox {
		class _xx_RPG18 {count = 0;};
	};
};

class RULaunchersBox : RUBasicAmmunitionBox {
		class _xx_RPG18 {count = 0;};
	};
	class TransportWeapons {
		class _xx_RPG18 {count = 4;};
	};
};

class Boat;

class RHIB : Boat {
	};
	class TransportWeapons {
		class _xx_M136 {count = 4; weapon = M136;};
	};
};

class MTVR;

class MtvrReammo : MTVR {
	};
	class TransportWeapons {
		class _xx_M136 {count = 4; weapon = M136;};
	};
};

};

Good suggestion. Indeed there is a distinct lack of tubes in default content with this.

Good to hear about new disposable tubes - downloading! :)

Wonder if AI knows that they have to reload the tube before firing?

The AI won't have to reload. They carry ammo as normal, and the script is designed to make sure their weapon is always loaded. Concious design decision to make sure I don't screw up the AI's willingness or ability to pull up their launchers when needed.

Minor bug, getting this in arma2.rpt:

String STR_ZGB_WDN_ZGB_RPG18_USED not found

class INKO_RPG18_USED : RPG18 {
	scope = protected;
	count = 0;
	type = VSoft;
	inko_disposable = 0;
	displayName = $[color="Red"]STR_ZGB_WDN_ZGB_RPG18_USED[/color];
};

Doh! Thanks for that! Hotfix with ammo boxes and sorted displayName reference coming shortly.

Really bad to not test the RPG-18 after the last changes to it, since they 'were so simple' >.<

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Think I'll toss some launchers into AFVs/APCs while I'm at it. Quite standard at least for the US side to transport spare AT4s.

Edited by Inkompetent

Another one :)

If you dump the RPG-18 after it was loaded you get a launcher and the rocket on the ground (like you bother unloading the weapon before throwing it).

Can be fixed with a model="" on the RPG-18 mag.