Sign in to follow this  
coronel putas

help! good pc and nothing in this forum has managed to improve my game performance

Hello all of you who are interested in helping me.

First of all I want to say that I have read all troubleshooting threads, i have tried everything and there is no way I can get past 32 fps.

With my pc (intel core quad ,ATI 4870 1 GB , 4Gb RAM) i have been able to play such games as Assassins creed, crysis, oblivion and others at a very high resolution, swiching on every single option, always to the highest: AA, filters, shadows, textures detail...

In this game, it just doesnt matter what configuration i have, i have spent hours changing things even with the catalyst control and also moving the pagefile to the HD where the game is installed (D:) because i have also tried to install it in both HDs. it looks like there is something that doesnt allow my pc to optimize the game, it is stuck at 32 and in big towns in campaign i have to play al 20 fps.

the only thing that i have not tried yet is changing my OS, i have vista 32 bit .

Thank you in advance for reading this thread, whatever you think about just say it please.

this is my cfg file that the game creates when I install the game :

language="Spanish";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=93750;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1280;

Resolution_H=1024;

refresh=75;

Render_W=1440;

Render_H=900;

FSAA=0;

postFX=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1068449792;

nonlocalVRAM=1475506176;

vista is probably the culprit. A lot of people have said moving to Win7 has greatly increased performance. I suggest you get a copy since it's free (for now) and works just as good (if not better) then Vista IMO

i have windows vista 64 bit and i just upgraded it to 8 gigs of memory and i am getting worse graphics than before WARNING dont upgrade to 8 gigs

do we still need to use -winxp in the startup shortcut with 8gb or more of RAM?

vista is probably the culprit. A lot of people have said moving to Win7 has greatly increased performance. I suggest you get a copy since it's free (for now) and works just as good (if not better) then Vista IMO

I have recently installed Windows 7 and found that game play is worse for me. The game stutters a lot more and there are audio issues. So the experience may vary coronel putas.

The title of this thread applies to me too. And that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Maybe BI will figure it out in a month or two.

OMG TRY THIS I HAVE A HUGE PERFORMANCE BOOST if you run the game in windowed mode it shall run better. go to you short cut and type this in the target box "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -maxmem=1024 -window

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

-maxmem is to use your memory more efeciantly

Edited by wizbomb

Hello to everyone. I just found this game yesterday: bought it: concern is; I bought a new notebook machine and would like to know if this game will run ok on it!

Its a HP G70-250CA:

Product Name: G70-250CA Notebook

Product Type: Notebook

Processor & Chipset

Processor Manufacturer: Intel

Processor Type: Pentium Dual-Core

Processor Model: T4200

Processor Speed: 2GHz

Processor Core: Dual-core

Bus Speed: 800MHz

L2 Cache: 1MB

Memory

Standard Memory: 3GB

Maximum Memory: 4GB

Memory Card Reader: Yes

Memory Card Support: Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, xD-Picture Card, MultiMediaCard (MMC), Secure Digital (SD) Card

Storage

Hard Drive Capacity: 320GB

Hard Drive RPM: 5400

Solid State Drive Capacity: Not Included

Solid State Drive Interface: Not Applicable

Optical Drive Type: DVD-Writer

Optical Media Support: DVD-RAM/±R/±RW

Dual-Layer Media Support: Yes

Labeling Technology: LightScribe

Display & Graphics

Screen Size: 17"

Graphic Mode: WXGA+

Display Screen Type: Active Matrix TFT Color LCD

Display Screen Technology: BrightView

Widescreen: Yes

Display Resolution: 1440 x 900

Graphics Controller Manufacturer: Intel

Graphics Controller Model: GMA 4500M

Graphics Memory Capacity: 1.27GB

Network & Communication

Network Technology: Wi-Fi, Fast Ethernet

Network Standard: IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.3u

Modem: Yes

Input Devices

Keyboard Size: Standard Size

Pointing Device Type: TouchPad

Interfaces/Ports

Interfaces/Ports: 3 x 4-pin Type A USB 2.0 - USB, 1 x Mini-phone Headphone, 1 x Mini-phone Microphone, 1 x HDMI, 1 x 15-pin HD-15 VGA, 1 x RJ-11 Modem, 1 x RJ-45 Network, 1 x DC Power Input

Thank in advance

Hello to everyone. I just found this game yesterday: bought it: concern is; I bought a new notebook machine and would like to know if this game will run ok on it!

Display & Graphics

Screen Size: 17"

Graphic Mode: WXGA+

Display Screen Type: Active Matrix TFT Color LCD

Display Screen Technology: BrightView

Widescreen: Yes

Display Resolution: 1440 x 900

Graphics Controller Manufacturer: Intel

Graphics Controller Model: GMA 4500M

Check out this review for you graphics accelerator -

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-4500MHD-GMA-X4500MHD.9883.0.html

Thank you all for trying to help but there is no way, i am thinking about changing my OS in a week , perhaps xp professional, if there is better performance i will let you know, its the only hope i have right now.

merb... you have the game and you have the computer so why are you asking the forum if it will run ok on it? maybe we should be asking you, in fact that is what i am doing now...does the game run ok on it!(?)

First of all I want to say that I have read all troubleshooting threads, i have tried everything and there is no way I can get past 32 fps.

With my pc (intel core quad ,ATI 4870 1 GB , 4Gb RAM) i have been able to play such games as Assassins creed, crysis, oblivion and others at a very high resolution, swiching on every single option, always to the highest: AA, filters, shadows, textures detail...

In this game, it just doesnt matter what configuration i have, i have spent hours changing things even with the catalyst control and also moving the pagefile to the HD where the game is installed (D:) because i have also tried to install it in both HDs. it looks like there is something that doesnt allow my pc to optimize the game, it is stuck at 32 and in big towns in campaign i have to play al 20 fps.

the only thing that i have not tried yet is changing my OS, i have vista 32 bit .

Thank you in advance for reading this thread, whatever you think about just say it please.

language="Spanish";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=93750;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1280;

Resolution_H=1024;

refresh=75;

Render_W=1440;

Render_H=900;

FSAA=0;

postFX=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1068449792;

nonlocalVRAM=1475506176;

BASICALLY, compaign , and all heavy scripted sp mission are the worst case.

graphics and logic running on 1 computer. i bet play MP campaign on dedicated server will be smoother to play than SP ...

secondly, the view distance is the most critical parameter (with your config)

of course all this game rely on CPU power. you have a core2quad , the best thing to do is overclock. 2.4->3.4 will change your gameplay experience.

your graphics card is well enough up to 1900x1200.

and for end, DON'T PLACE PAGEFILE ON SAME HDD THAN YOUR GAME !

choose c: , or a third physical disc

ps: 32 fps is not so bad. the important thing , is to not drop under 25 , IMO

Edited by GLeek

thanks for the help but nothing has worked yet, and when I say i cannot get passed 32 fps y mean that 32 is my highest performance, in big tows it drops to 18-21 which I think is not fair with my Pc, thank you all anyway.

language="Spanish";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=93750;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1280;

Resolution_H=1024;

refresh=75;

Render_W=1440;

Render_H=900;

FSAA=0;

postFX=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1068449792;

nonlocalVRAM=1475506176;

Vista locked my FPS at 32 as well on the MP portion of the game even though on Arma 2 mark it was unlocked. For me Windows 7 was a Godsend for performance gains.

Please go here (page 55) and read my Vista Vs Windows 7 benchmark results. There are 2 posts back to back with several head to head tests:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73610&page=55

Edited by ICE-Raver

What do you have your settings on? Make sure your view distance isn't too high, that's probably the #1 performance killer. I see people complain about performance and it turns out they're playing with 10000 view distance.

my cofiguration doesnt affect the performance at all!, and that includes distance my friend, thanks for trying to help!

( its a funny thing that the fps remain the same if I swich very low to very high in everything)

my cofiguration doesnt affect the performance at all!, and that includes distance my friend, thanks for trying to help!

( its a funny thing that the fps remain the same if I swich very low to very high in everything)

same for me its ridiculous and the only pc game I have ever experienced where logic doesnt solve anything.

The code is broken end of story, its like trying to apply a band aid on a severed leg with these pathetic patches.

lets hope that the 1.04 solves anything, Bohemia says they are trying to improve the performance in this patch but from my point of view a simple patch is not going to change my situation, it looks a bigger thing than a simple fix.

Yep, this is something I also find very hard to comprehend. Resolution and view distance have hardly no effect at all in campaign missions. (Well, View distance does have effect when it is being adjusted in large steps).

Did some testing and posted my findings in another thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1397866&postcount=15

Today I did some minor additional testing in campaign mission "Razor Two". I was running on the road in front of Elektrozavodsk power plant and measured fps with fraps. It was somewhere between 23 to 30 using normal details (except shadows high and postfx low), view distance 1600 and resolution 1900x1200.

Lowering the settings as low as they go (all low/disabled, view distance 500) and resolution 1400x900, I gained max. 5 fps. So no matter how low I set the graphics options, I can only barely get 30 FPS in campaign with Quad Core processor and 4870x2 video card. Very frustrating.

Coronel, one thing I noticed is that your render resolution is a different aspect ratio to your normal resolution. I'm not sure if this would cause major performance problems but it's very likely to cause issues.

Make sure your resolution and 3d resolution (fillrate) are set to the same size in the video options. If you are using normal aspect ratio (4:3) then set both to 1280x1024, if you are using widescreen (16:10/16:9) then set both to 1440x900 and make sure your aspect ratio is set correct in options as well.

After you've set that, exit out of game and check your cfg file. If you now have the same resolution for "resolution" and "render" then load the game up then check your cfg file again. If your render or resolution has changed back to the wrong size/aspect ratio then make sure you are out of the game and change it back again to be the same then make your arma2.cfg file "read only".

Hope that helps.

thank you all for your tips but When I say that i have tried everything in the conf. file it really means that i have tried everything, i have changed the fillrate a lot of times, i have tried everything, it is something that goes beyond the game video options, i am sure because the game doesnt look to be affected at all!

i dont know if this is the right thread to ask that but it means to speed up the computer beyond the manufacturer's specifications in order to run faster

All i can say is windows seven definitely worked for me too. I have a q6600(2.4ghz oc'd to 3ghz) and 4870x2(gainward) and 4 gig of reaper ram (windows seven 64 bit rc) although it does not offer a massive frame increase what it appears to do is run the game a lot smoother especially in the cities(imo)...im all patched up to 1.03 and it runs a hell of a lot better..i have searched and re installed all sorts of versions of windows(inc xp pro) in attempt to get it running right(including workarounds etc!) ...... now i dont need to worry...it runs great....and my headache has cleared..... ;-) FINALLY!!! Thanks to Bohemia for working hard to get it right... these guys deserve a pat on the back....

Mike.... ;-)

Blue;1406271']All i can say is windows seven definitely worked for me too. I have a q6600(2.4ghz oc'd to 3ghz) and 4870x2(gainward) and 4 gig of reaper ram (windows seven 64 bit rc) although it does not offer a massive frame increase what it appears to do is run the game a lot smoother especially in the cities(imo)...im all patched up to 1.03 and it runs a hell of a lot better..i have searched and re installed all sorts of versions of windows(inc xp pro) in attempt to get it running right(including workarounds etc!) ...... now i dont need to worry...it runs great....and my headache has cleared..... ;-) FINALLY!!! Thanks to Bohemia for working hard to get it right... these guys deserve a pat on the back....

Mike.... ;-)

Hmmm did you just thank BI for all the work YOU did???lol 1.03 did it for me after the patch my game is epic.... vista 64 for info.... rig in sig