Sign in to follow this  
POPKA

1930's Mafia (Mod concept)

Hello , it looks great , i am looking forward on this pack.Gangsters are really cool :eek:... keep up the good work :notworthy: !

Thinking about it I probably will make a load of pointless object addon's to go with them like crates and such, it's what I do best :)

Pointless game-wise maybe, but they sure create a whole lot of the atmosphere!

I need to go through the Anim PBO quite badly and replace some animations which are causing some serious problems for units which are unarmed. Yeah I'd really like some good pistol replacement anims, I remember the old Civil War mod one's though they looks a bit too formal as if the unit's are dualing.

Yup, I remember those, and I also tweaked those a bit back then to make 'em less formal. But firing handguns from the hip is sooo 1800's, dontcha think?

gangster1.th.jpg gangster2.th.jpg

As can be seen from the second picture, they still need some tweaking, but you get the general idea.

Guys I just cant wait till I play some missions like ambushing a rival gang turf or intercepting booze run in the countryside.

Cement shoes and baseball bats :cool:

This looks nice. If I ever play OFP again I will definitely give it a try.

Yes i am hoping to add a few more weapon's, i'll try and find one's that seem to me suitable, I already had a look at those revolvers but I preferred the quality of Kegety's one's. Those Pistol animation's look really good, I still need to sort out the mess of an anim.pbo I'd be really happy to use them when your finished! the regular OFP one's always did look a bit naff. The fords are same one's as i've used so far, though if you have them and this mod installed at the same time their will be conflicts between addon's as i've included it and edited the PBO a fair bit.

As for Civilians i've started make a few (I've done about four at the moment) and I've made a few objects as well, here's a quick screen shot (the city in the background is just a cutscene object)

cratec.jpg

Edited by POPKA

maybe you guys could call this the prohibition mod and make objects of licquor bottles and stuff like that, cases of licquor.

BronzeEagle, those are crates of Canadian Whiskey in POPKA's picture. And seeing as what a moneymaker the prohibition was for the mob in 1920's and early 1930's, it's something a mod like this can't miss.

POPKA, love that picture! Reminds me of that mission in Mafia where you have to steal some cigar crates from the harbour, only to find out... ahem, no more spoilers.

As for the anims, don't worry about mine, they're packed as an individual addon .pbo and work fine, though having other pistol anims (excluding Resistance but including, say, DMA ones) being run at the startup might, and propably will, cause trouble. I'm not sure if it's possible to pack other anims in a similar way, but my guess is no.

maybe you guys could call this the prohibition mod and make objects of licquor bottles and stuff like that, cases of licquor.

yeah i agree, when I release it I may just call it "Prohibition" or something similar. I've made a few more variations of the whiskey crate and added a bootleggers truck with the crates in the back (the base model being the FDF Sissu truck, which I've changed the logo on to make it a ford instead) and I've replaced the revolver model with one that looks more suitable

cff1.jpgcff2.jpg

Just pop up from my holidays to congratulate you Popka and to support 100% this idea.

On the dark side I'm afraid FdF won't let you modify anything from their mod, they aren't very cooperative even with OFP stuff (even little ones). But maybe you'll be luckier than i.

Just pop up from my holidays to congratulate you Popka and to support 100% this idea.

On the dark side I'm afraid FdF won't let you modify anything from their mod, they aren't very cooperative even with OFP stuff (even little ones). But maybe you'll be luckier than i.

thanks, I hope that's not the case I can proficiently enough model them myself it's just going to be a pain in the arse effort wise (will have to remake the truck and re-model the hats) as I can only really work on this over the next month, will see anyway I sent PM's i've not had any replies, I was planning on making a vehicles and weapons from scratch anyway.

Edited by POPKA

Just a quick update, I've decided to shy away from using FDF's models for now (unless they allow me otherwise) so i'll be making more models myself, Also Sepe has sent me some nice animation's which he edited to replace the default pistol one's which look great and will be included!

Heres a sawed off shotgun i've made today, hopefully going to try and aim get a new model every day done and dusted. Will be quite busy this week as I am also working on a music video and have to pass my driving theory test though it should still be ok.

heres an in-game and a bulldozer shot:

shotgun1j.jpg

shotgun2.jpg

stillneed to sort out a few problems with it but i think it's looking pretty nice!

If anyone want's to test out this weapon in game i've created a beta testing thread in the OFPEC Forums here

Edited by POPKA

It would be cool if the mod had the pistol lean animations, I'm not sure if they work in MP even if the server and everyone has the mod installed :)

Edited by -Martin-

looking really good, very impressed with what you have done so far, keep it up :)

How's the mod going Popka? we didnt see any updates for a long time :(

Its been less than 10 days:) have patience

STGN

Wow, really unique concept. Hope this Minimod gets off the ground, the pics look really cool.

An open sandbox missionset like in GTA would be awesome. :)

I wish I was back in the good old days when I had my pentium 2 and the fan sites were full of addons and mods, now we got multi core processors, games full fo special effects that dont even look real. OFP has none of this and its still good and I love playing it :singer:

What I'm trying to say is when so little addons are being released I'm happy and exited about every addon and mod that is released especially if its cool like this one. Thanks popka :upside:

Excellent!

The idea is very original for this game, and I love the concept. :cool:

It seems that OFP is still alive. :)

Congratulations, POPKA. ;)

yeah thanks, i think im going to have to remove/replace any of the FDF content i've used, im hopeless at modeling vehicles though still trying to create a ford truck

when can we expect release

when its done, is the normal answer. Most addon makers do this for fun, so don't expect a fast turn around.

well im going to try and release a basic release with just the units, a couple of cars, a few objects and weapons, i've made a couple of shotgun and pistol models myself so I don't have to use any other addons other than the Tommygun