nuxil

Tv Guided Bombs/Missiles

who use it in Domination map? Help plz! i cant!(( have in menu plane (TVS) i drop boms GBU and masages (Resource NUX_TVS not found) :help:

Edited by Keshman

Use it all the time..

Make sure you have the tvs directory, and you have the #include "TVS\Tvs.hpp" in your description.ext

Awesome script. I have it working in the latest Domination, just check all your paths.

No big deal, but I saw this in my RPT file:

File C:\Users\tcp\Documents\ArmA 2\MPMissions\co40_Domination_Black_W_RA.Chernarus\black\TVS\Tvs.hpp, line 308: '/NUX_TVS/NUX_TARGETCLASS1.y': Missing ';' at the end of line

// Target infoboxes
class NUX_TARGETCLASS1
{
	idc = 907;
	type = NUX_STATIC;
	style = 0x00;
	colorText[ ]={ 1,0,0,1};
	colorBackground[ ]={ 0,0,0,0};
	font = "Zeppelin32";
	sizeEx = 0.02;
	lineSpacing = 0;
	x = 0.12;
	y = 0.80
	w = 0.08;
	h = 0.04;
	border = 0;
	borderSize = 0;
	text = "";
};	

y = 0.80 missing a semi-colon

Has rectified an error with y = 0.80 no help for my(( again Resource NUX_TVS not found ((

You need to add the #include TVS\TVS.HPP to your description.ext file

In the right spot.

Big_Daddy BIG (russian) :)) THX! for you! its work in Domi) and nuxil thx for scrips!)

Hi there Keshman

i didnt think anyone used this script :)

the FAB bomb is not a tv guided bomb. its a free fall bomb.

if i am correct the KAB 500 + series has some optial sensors on them not 100% sure.

anyway. if you want to use it on a Su25 you can just put in the ammo type

TVS=[this,"Bo_FAB_250",false] execvm "TVS\scripts\init.sqf"

tcp yes i know about that missing ; but since its not an addon its an easy fix for mission makers. thanks for pointing it out.

i havent worked on this script in a long time. not sure if i will pick up where i left and update it. so dont hold your breaths for any updates soon.

but feel free to come with ideas and feedback. maybe a good idea will motivte me more :p

Are you kidding me? I love this script.. We use it daily. (play on a private server where there arn't many players) so if nobody is around to laser for you....

It's great..

I guess my only complaint is... The first bomb that you release is always facing the wrong direction. You'd have to turn the bomb around to face the enemy, but by that time your lost all momentum. and the bomb just falls.

it's fine once you've dropped the first bomb. Even if you reload, your still good. But crash, and get in a new plane. First bomb is trashed again.

Edited by Big_Daddy

Testing in Domi map) its work 90%)) for Su-25T. Speed of management of a bomb! Very small. If you lock on the target manually (FAB-250) You can see through the TV! As the bomb flies and hits the target (very beautifully):p

One more last question!:icon_redface: : What button to fix a point! Bomb falling? (tank or hangar) If there is such function :icon_redface:

i would help if i understood the question :dozingoff:

I think I'm starting to understand his questions. (weird, I know)

He's asking how to lock the bomb onto a target.

You can't.

oh..

no ""autopilot | guiding"" exept the one you have by pressing tab before you release the bomb.

the points you see are only the 6 closes targests to the bomb if you set the 3rd argument to TRUE.

I understood! lock target! i cant. Big_Daddy Thanks for the answer! And for correct transfer of my text! :) The program on text translation! Works badly :( :thumbsdown: From Russian on English.:headscratch: Let's train to hit the target manually :)

Edited by Keshman

Big_Daddy does this happen both in singleplayer & multiplayer.

i'll look into it tho. i guess it a small thing to fix

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

man o man.. why cant it turn 180 deg on me. lol

anyway. if you take a look in catchmissile.sqf

you could try make it looks like this.

_air = _this select 0;
if ((vehicle _air getVariable "TVSONF") == 0) exitwith { };
_list = (getpos _air) nearObjects 15;
_nr = count _list;
_AmmoClass = vehicle _air getvariable "NUX_AmmoClass";
NUX_TVSCAMFLIR=false;
for [{_i=0},{_i <= _nr},{_i=_i+1}] do 
{
_obj = _list select _i;
_type = typeOf _obj;
if ((_type == _AmmoClass)) then 
{
	if ((getdir _obj) != (getdir vehicle _air)) then
	{
		_obj setdir (getdir vehicle _air);
	};
	_tgm = [_air,_obj] execvm "TVS\scripts\tvg.sqf";
};
};

test that out and see if it will help. i cant find anything in the code that says it should face 180 deg from your heading.

if that doesnt work. i suspect it has someting to do with

setMousePosition [0.5,0.5];

in tvg.sqf

try adding a sleep above it .. example sleep 0.5 or so,

btw. ther is a bug in scanner.sqf."helper system" i'll fix that later

Well, I got all the RPT errors resolved and I think I fixed the backwards bomb with a few changes.

Both for loops shouldn't use <= because count is always one higher than select (changed to <)

Also, there was a problem with worldToScreen being empty after impact but still going through for loop (added exitWith)

mousePos also need to have default values (initialized mousePos)

The initial setVector was messing up when your nose was down (forced negative value)

Missing semicolon in tvs.hpp (added ;)

Over the course of trying to fix these errors, I changed the way IDCs were incremented. Not sure if there was a problem. (scanner.sqf is reworked)

Also, I made TVS On hide action menu.

http://www.filefront.com/14835259/TVS1.01m.utes.7z/

Edited by tcp

Some adjustments/features you may want to consider:

- To enhance realism, when turning the plane's bombs into TV bombs, they should always be TV bombs, and not give the pilot an option.

- To enhance functionality, there needs to be a way to toggle between bomb view and plane view as much as you wish until the bomb explodes, so that you can keep control of the plane while the bomb is falling to its target. The whole purpose of such bombs is to be able to drop it from far away and turn around so that you don't make yourself vulnerable to enemy AA.

Heh, I am not sure how much the author is able to work on this, as he's stated.

However, what stops a TV bomb from being laser guided, its all computerized so it would have both modes.

For now, the plane switches to auto-land at nearest airfield while your are in TV mode. It would be amazing if the screen could be controlled by mouse through the GPS screen, but that's a lot of work.

That's why I suggested something as simple as being able to toggle between bomb and plane view, rather than complicate it with some side view (which would have horrible resolution anyway).

As for bomb types, I don't know any bombs that have both a TV guidance system and a laser guidance system. It's "either or" as far as I'm aware.

Yes, you would have to land to load up a different type of bombs or pretend that you had both types. However, it's just a bomb, cost considerations prevent them having multiple guidance systems when it's not needed, but how do you simulate planes that can designate their own targets?

Planes have attached long-range recon/infrared cameras with laser designation. A single plane could drop and designate. It helps to have a WSO in the back and usually the designation is done by a seperate plane, but we don't have that luxury. Realism and playability seem to conflict. In reality, none of the type of fighting going on in this game would ever exist.

Also, real-life HUDs have screens no more than 6 inches. Computers stabilize the tracking so you can zoom in to see anything.

thanks to tcp for sorting out some of the issues..

i have put your fix on 1 post/page.

as for galzohar idea about toggeling view. i like it verry much. i'll see if i get some time and include that.

however. upcomming versions will not include the scanner.sqf "helper system"

i dont think its suted for this weapon. its not like thise missiles/bombs have radars on them :p

about the bombs/missiles beeing both laser and tv guided i will do nothing about this.. its not that i cant. its just that i wount. since it then must become a addon.because the ammo cfg must be changed. when you changed the ammo. you need a magazine. when you have a new magazine you need a new weapon :p

i want it to be scripted only so mission makers can easly include it.

and if someone makes a f16 addon or what ever its easy for them to include this anyway,

also i think i already got the best solution to how the plane is controled while your in tv mode. im not saying its perfect but it works 98 % of the time. 100 % at high alt.

i can only see 2 other solutions.

1 force the plane level by a vector script while in tv mode

2 replace the pilot with a AI piot following a set of waypoint

methode 1 is simple.

methode 2. not so simple. how to set waypoints ? pre set them on map or do it on a small map/gps in Tv mode.

i did have some time to do some updated on the scripts.already added a new hud.

i'll put up a new version as soon as i can.

thaks for your feedback guys.

Thanks that have updated a script! :) first bomb Falls good) I wait for your new super inventions! :)

You don't have to make it an addon. All you have to do is instead of making an action to switch between TV and laser, make it so that it is automatically switched to TV when the script is initialized, and possibly add a hint to anyone who enters the aircraft that the bombs are TV bombs and not GBU-12s. Sure it'll still list "GBU-12" in the ammo but other than that it's a GBU-15 with 1/2 the explosives (2000lb bombs don't seem to exist in this game) and no locking capability (GBU-15 has the option for TV/IR image lock rather than being manually guided). Anyway it would still be better than being able to toggle the bomb type at will.

Of course you could give a way for the mission maker to toggle it via scripting in case they want to script manual airplane loadouts that include TV bombs as an option.