Sign in to follow this  
ybbor

Any news from b.i.???

I am eagerly anticipating the patch..but I will say this. There are many people playing without to many major problems.

Sure...there are heaps of bugs to fix some major and some minor, for me however..even as is this game is brilliant : )

I would love to see an option in game for setting forcefeedback level, just like you can set the axis sensitivity of your joystick with the sliders.

Thanks

Frosty

I hate almost every poster in this thread.

Are you one of them? Self-hate's not necessarily a bad thing....

I personally keep waiting and waiting for a finished product.

I find it hilarious (well, more like disturbing) that everyone wants a "finished product", but at the same time there are 20 billion feature requests. IMO many of the problems with ArmA 2 seem to be related to BIS trying to add too many features. While many of them work, quite a bit of them are buggy and could be much better. While features are always nice, I can't help but feel that the community kind of got what we deserved... :j:

Are you one of them? Self-hate's not necessarily a bad thing....

I find it hilarious (well, more like disturbing) that everyone wants a "finished product", but at the same time there are 20 billion feature requests. IMO many of the problems with ArmA 2 seem to be related to BIS trying to add too many features. While many of them work, quite a bit of them are buggy and could be much better. While features are always nice, I can't help but feel that the community kind of got what we deserved... :j:

I agree with you. The game is too complex (I don't mean difficult) to make it work as well as we would like it to work. I would have settled with a game with less features, but polished in every aspect there is in the game.

Wonder where all the "release it now" posters are that were pestering for ArmA2 a while ago?

Wonder where the thousands of players who are doing just fine , not having graphics glitches , FPS problems etc. are?

And if you think other products come out of the factory absolutely perfect just take a gander at the recall's (vehicles , toasters , TV's , foods etc. etc.).

Gone are the days when games were made by a couple of guys in their basement for a total investment of $10,000. Games developed today to meet the stringent requirements of games can easily run into the millions of dollars in investment.

Realistically I bought ArmA2 despite the known problems (AI , bugs etc. ) because BIS has a proven track record of supporting their product (ArmA1 was my proving ground) and I had faith that they would eventually iron out all the bugs.

In the meantime I've enjoyed what does work and ignored what doesn't work and that hasn't effected my gaming pleasure one bit. Having a ball with what I've got.

Glad to see the patches coming out in such short order.

Good to go BIS.

I'm done.....waiting for OFP2 now. I can play Arma fine, but Arma 2 just keeps crashing and having issues. I'm tired of it, it should have been fixed by now.

:bye:

Planck

^

with all due respect...that's the attitude! (/sarcasm)

Go ahead and act like your game is perfect and there are no problems...we'd love to hear some development feedback from BIS on what is going on and what's up, better to hear something than nothing at all...even if it takes a long time for the patch to come to fruition.

I'm really getting sick of this elitist attitude toward players who genuinely want the potential of this game to shine through all the current bugs and hassles.

BIS has really failed to provide updates on their progress to their community except on a few small things, basically all that is updated in the "Announcements" part of the forum is for the stupid Flash Game.

You really need to get off your high horse and realize that your community and players would just like info on what's going on...instead of acting nasty towards players who haven't heard a thing in regards to a game they payed for yet haven't been able to play since release.

I love this game and will love it more as bugs get worked out, but the attitude of leading members of this forum is quite ridiculous

Edited by cjsoques

They already said that the patch will be released when its finished, and that it might be released sometime this week. What more do you want? The change log will be posted with the patch.

^

with all due respect...that's the attitude! (/sarcasm)

Go ahead and act like your game is perfect and there are no problems...we'd love to hear some development feedback from BIS on what is going on and what's up, better to hear something than nothing at all...even if it takes a long time for the patch to come to fruition.

I'm really getting sick of this elitist attitude toward players who genuinely what the potential of this game to shine through all the current bugs and hassles.

BIS has really failed to provide updates on their progress to their community except on a few small things, basically all that is updated in the "Announcements" part of the forum is for the stupid Flash Game.

You really need to get off your high horse and realize that your community and players would just like info on what's going on...instead of acting nasty towards players who haven't heard a thing in regards to a game they payed for yet haven't been able to play since release.

I love this game and will love it more as bugs get worked out, but the attitude of leading members of this forum is quite ridiculous

I'm new to arma with this series and this dude has it, if you go to say the wow website the community managers there are very professional and they have to deal with a significant amount of rubbish every day.

they also provide a LOT of details (patch notes etc) which really helps calm people while they wait as they get to see what's happening..

anyways would be nice to have more specifics going on, now that error might be a lack in them actually telling you what's changing and if that's the case that should be fixed at your level, else in the future, I would appreciate more information please.

^

I could say the same from some users in this forum.

Don't you think this is also ridiculous and above all provocative?

I'm done.....waiting for OFP2 now. I can play Arma fine, but Arma 2 just keeps crashing and having issues. I'm tired of it, it should have been fixed by now.

For goodness sake, he said he was leaving, I only waved him goodbye, seemed like the safest option as it is usually no use trying to reason with people that have none.

Stop trying to read things into things that aren't even there son.

Planck

I'm new to arma with this series and this dude has it, if you go to say the wow website the community managers there are very professional and they have to deal with a significant amount of rubbish every day.

Comparing a multi million multi national corporation live activision blizzard is not the same as a small 30 man team from the Czech Republic...

Not to mention you are comparing a one time purchase game over a monthly payment game.

Id expect more out of a game if I was paying 50 dollars for the game itself, 50 for each expansion, and then another 15 per month which leads to 1080 dollars over the last 6 years of release...

For goodness sake, he said he was leaving, I only waved him goodbye, seemed like the safest option as it is usually no use trying to reason with people that have none.

Stop trying to read things into things that aren't even there son.

Planck

...Then why reply at all, unless you had meant something by it, just think about that.

I'm not saying the poster you were replying too was correct, but it honestly feels like a slap in the face when a moderator simply replies with sarcastic wave like that. Especially when some of us check this forum for every shred of progress update, I don't care how long the patch takes, it's just nice to hear what's going. Even EA (or at least their developers) has gotten much better about providing that.

Oh well, I guess you can't come down to my level and understand that, except to sarcastically reply to an upset poster.

Like my first point, why reply when you are just going to be sarcastic and rude about it? Way to act professional, it's acceptable for me because I am some dumb joe ranting on here, but a moderator should have a level of maturity and professionalism the others do not.

The notion 'when a moderator simply replies with sarcastic wave' is your own interpretation.

I am not responsible for what you may or may not interpret from my goodbye wave, this is your own responsibility.

Simply put, he said he was leaving, I waved him goodbye, if you can't take that at face value then that is very sad.

I won't reply further in this thread on this particular point, suffice to say that if another person decides to say he is leaving he can take it as sure, that I am waving him goodbye.

Planck

Edited by Planck

a moderator should have a level of maturity and professionalism the others do not.

Right on.

There is an elitist view that comes from the mods here. IF anyone DARE say they are dissatisfied with their purchase it takes no time at all for a smart-alec reply.

Ooooh nobody dare make a negative comment about OUR game...:eek:

Personally I don't give a stuff. There is problems with the game and hiding behind comments like "bye" (basically saying "piss off - you won't be missed"), does not help.

Right on.

There is an elitist view that comes from the mods here. IF anyone DARE say they are dissatisfied with their purchase it takes no time at all for a smart-alec reply.

Personally I don't give a stuff. There is problems with the game and hiding behind comments like "bye" (basically saying "piss off - you won't be missed"), does not help.

Then what reply would be appropriate? Want him to beg the guy not to leave? That's not going to happen.

The guy wasn't looking for help, he wasn't even asking if the issues will be fixed. Nope, he just said we was leaving so the mod said bye. Don't look too much into it because there is nothing there.

:bye:

Planck

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

yellow card from us users! :thumb_down:

The notion 'when a moderator simply replies with sarcastic wave' is your own interpretation.

I am not responsible for what you may or may not interpret from my goodbye wave, this is your own responsibility.

I had to laugh at this one.

So, I guess I can swear and say some pretty nasty stuff, and its your fault for interpreting it badly? Its your fault for getting offended?

I actually like the game. Lots of bugs, but great game.

The simple fact is though, some more updates on what is going on would obviously be appreciated by the community. I think that is clearly fact. Its also not hard to do, a simple brief (but regular) update.

Then what reply would be appropriate? Want him to beg the guy not to leave? That's not going to happen.

The guy wasn't looking for help, he wasn't even asking if the issues will be fixed. Nope, he just said we was leaving so the mod said bye. Don't look too much into it because there is nothing there.

Why reply at all then!? That's my whole point

Right on.

Thanks, like I said. I wouldn't expect the mods to come down from their pedestal and understand that...which they obviously didn't.

They could have said a number of many things:

1) not creating spam and replying uselessly by waving implying "piss off" to users with problems...thus not reply at all maybe!?

2) reply to other posts with legitimate request for more info on what's going on, we don't need an ETA or anything, just a simply weekly update that takes you guys 2 minutes to make would go a long way

If the moderators elitist attitude is anything like the developers I can understand why they feel they are too above us to give us any updates.

Excellent display of professionalism and maturity and setting an example for forum users.

I'm happy that you have now realised that my wave goodbye was, and I quote:

" Excellent display of professionalism and maturity and setting an example for forum users"

Can we now ALL get back 'on-topic' or I might be tempted to close this topic completely, which for all you know might have been my evil plan all along?

EDIT: I really have to say here, that I was completely surprised by this stupidity, my wave goodbye was just that, a wave goodbye, I meant nothing sinister by it at all, I was completely taken by surprise by some of the inane interpretations placed upon a simple wave, humans never fail to amaze me sometimes.

Planck

Edited by Planck

This is the problem with written comments, it all changes depending how they read it out in their heads.

I wouldn't argue with lockng this thread. Someone asked for news, that was followed by a bis response that a patch would hopefully released in a few days, and that's the thread done, of course that was followed up by complaints that there was no news, which is pretty funny, so you've gotta see the comedy value.