Sign in to follow this  
Adam2kl4u

Wont work at all.

Hey guys,

I have a big problem and im going crazy trying to figure it out. It all started when i downloaded the demo. Ok heres my problem

Installed the demo to default location, started it up and the loading box came up with the little boxes and ticks after the box disappears and nothing happens.

I then un-installed the demo, downloaded it somewhere else, installed and same thing happened. I un-installed again deleted it off my pc, restarted, download and install again, no luck. Same problem. I downloaded the steam version, exact same problem.

So i thought hey it might just be the demo. So i went and bought the game from my local store un-installed the demo, deleted it, got rid of all the files inc. the folder in users/appdata. Put the disk in, installed it, exact same problem....

Ive tried everything i can think of. Re-installed SP2 and direct X latest version

and i still can not get it to run.

Is there anyone who can please help me? Ive been at it since Wednesday and it is now Sunday here.

Thanks in advance...

Vista ultimate x64 Sp2

6Gig ram

intel core2 2.4 ghz quad core q6600

Nvidea 9800gt

Latest Direct x 9 and 10

Just a wild stab in the dark here but try opening the ArmA2 directory and double clicking the EXE to try and start the game. It probably wont work but hey its worth trying if all else has failed. Also if you have a second DVD drive try inserting the disk in that.

Thanks but i tried that lol. Plus it wouldnt be my drive because even the demo wasnt working. (which doesnt need a disc). But thanks anyhow.

sounds like a AV or FW working in the background, keeping it from starting. Need to ok it in the AV/FW's "system access settings?"

I disabled Windows defender and windows firewall it still didn't work. I un-installed my anti virus too so i dont know what else could be blocking it. Thanks for ur advice tho.

Edited by Adam2kl4u

As mentioned above ive updated all my direct x 9 and 10. Also im getting no errors what so ever lol its just not doing anything other then the loading boxes. But thanks.

I am getting this as well, all updates installed, DX, Drivers, patches... all firewall, anti-virus etc... disabled... 8 out of 10 tick boxes, pause then nothing.

I have dual GTS SLI, I disabled one of the cards to make sure it wasn't anything... gonna give this another couple of days then the game is going back to the shop... :(

another shot in the dark is to disable your soundcard

Disabled it, no difference, 8 of of 10 ticks, pause, then I have to kill the arma2.exe process. Nothing on the screen, no error.:(

does the arma.rpt file get created at this stage of game startup? might be worth a look though I have a feeling it doesn't kick in until mission load.

how about using command-line parameters in the game shortcut, e.g. "-no splash -world=empty" in order to skip a possibly-glitched data file.

I'd be suspicious of DirectX. Do other games work? I'm right in thinking you don't get any flicking over to Direct3D display before game crashes? Video drivers - roll 'em back / update them.

All drivers set to default, no problem with other games.

These are the only files in my ArmA2 directory in MyDocuments.

"ArmA2.cfg" file.

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=48387;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

"Ian.ArmA2Profile" file.

version=1;

blood=1;

viewDistance=1600;

terrainGrid=10;

volumeCD=5;

volumeFX=5;

volumeSpeech=5;

singleVoice=0;

gamma=1;

brightness=1;

with some AV progs, even if you disable (after the fact,of trying to run the .exe) they have already said no to the arma.exe. You need to tell the AV to let it run. Also are you on a default Windows OS are you running a slipstream/nlite ect?

Nope just AVG, disabled, no joy.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

If I knew what is the significance of tick boxes, It may help?

run the game in windowed mode, add -window to your arma2 shortcut. Also try this:

You can limit your ram in "Run, msconfig - go to boot, advance options and limit it to 2-3 gb of ram and reboot.

run the game in windowed mode, add -window to your arma2 shortcut. Also try this:

You can limit your ram in "Run, msconfig - go to boot, advance options and limit it to 2-3 gb of ram and reboot.

No luck, does not even get as far as to set the graphic mode. Very disappointed I was a big Flashpoint fan.

"Ian.ArmA2Profile" file.

version=1;

mine says version=2. dunno what it's for tbh.

OK, I even went out and bought a new graphics card, which is no small purchase for me... nothing 8 ticks, then nothing, dead process in memory? Is there a more direct route to getting a game to work, rather than these forums?