Sign in to follow this  
Merad

Troubleshooting TrackIR in ArmA 2 / OA

Hey guys

I've just upgraded from Vista Ultimate Ed x64 to Windows 7 64-bit edition. Wow, what a massive improvement in performance in ARMA2! One slight problem - my TrackIR has stopped working.

I've used the latest official (not beta) drivers, and set it to run as admin with Vista Series Pack 2 64-bit mode compatibility. The software works fine, and I've enabled it in the game's controls. But when I play, it doesn't work at all. I can alt-tab out of ARMA2, and use the TrackIR softare to see that the virtual heads are moving, but alt-tab back into the game and I get nothin'.

Any ideas?

Same problem for me :-(

Vista 64 all worked fine. After upgrade to W7ultimate TrackIR doesn't work in game anymore.

Alt-tab out of Arma and it works too. Running as admin, enabling compat mode, no success...

I'm using the latest 5.0 beta driver.

What triggers TrackIR? In the TrackIR GUI there is a list of programs, but based on what should it trigger?

It's working perfectly from within the TrackIR software - I use the software to preview head movement using the virtual heads, and they move perfectly, even with ARMA2 running! I tested this via Alt-Tabbing.

I've also run the game update feature in the TrackIR software - no fix. Yet if I fire up my Vista OS, it all works fine. What gives?

You mentioned that you tried the latest version of the TrackIR software (version 5.5beta) and it was not working for you. Did you try using version 5.4 beta software?

I was having issues with WindowsXP. The TrackClip Pro would work fin in the TrackIR software. But not work in my games. I then tried the version 5.4 beta drivers and then everything worked fine.

Here's the link to the version 5.4 drivers.

http://media.naturalpoint.com/softwa....0.beta.04.exe

First, for those with Windows 7 issues... in general, the TrackIR driver support is basically the same as for Vista, so fundamentally things should be fine. If you're running TrackIR in administrator mode, you also need to run ArmA 2 as an admin. It's not that you need to run TrackIR as an admin, but rather that you need to run it on the same permissions level as whatever game you're playing with. So, make sure that both pieces of software are in agreement on that--whether that's admin level or just standard.

If that's not the problem, is the TrackIR software recognizing ArmA 2 when it's loaded? The right green LED on the front of the camera will pop on when a game is connected. The title of that game will also pop up in the software, in the top information pane.

For those using the Beta 05 version of the 5.0 software... we made a tiny tweak in the core, as it relates to connecting to games, and it unfortunately broke upon public release! So, for the time being, please roll back to Beta 04. We should have a hotfix out for Beta 05 today or tomorrow, with a better long-term fix in a couple of weeks.

Hi

I have the same problem. Trackir 3 pro with vector expansion.

On Arma II the green AND blue light cames on, but is not working in game ( is enable in game).

Should I install a beta version ?

ps: trackir works fine on others games.

Edited by yomero
adding ps

If you're running TrackIR in administrator mode, you also need to run ArmA 2 as an admin. It's not that you need to run TrackIR as an admin, but rather that you need to run it on the same permissions level as whatever game you're playing with. So, make sure that both pieces of software are in agreement on that--whether that's admin level or just standard.

Now this I haven't tried. Will do so tonight!

reverted to 5.0 beta 04 and now it works again

reverted to 5.0 beta 04 and now it works again

I can not use 5.0 because my trackir 3 with vector does not work with that version.

My trackir works fine with 4.0, but does not work on ARMA II

Any fix?

I can not use 5.0 because my trackir 3 with vector does not work with that version.

My trackir works fine with 4.0, but does not work on ARMA II

Any fix?

Do you see ArmA 2 in the games list?

What version of Windows are you using?

Do you see ArmA 2 in the games list?

What version of Windows are you using?

Yes, I did an update game list and arma II shows up.

Windows XP SP2.

Arma II is the only game that does not works...:(

Hi Vincent.

I repeat, I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Yes, I did everything possible on Arma II, several times.

But don't worry, I'm going to uninstall Arma II until a good patch cames...( maybe 6 months?).

But my trackir 3 does not works with version 5.0 and that sucs....

This is my combination

ARMA 2 demo

Win 7

TrackIR V5.0 with irTracker 4.0 and TrackClip Pro

Got TrackIR v5.0 working under Win 7 but when I start ARMA the irTracker software dose not recognize the Title. irTracker is enabled in ARMA Tried Administrative mode for ARMA & Tracker but no success?

When using trickir the game flickers fairly often like it flicks to look somewhere else then instantly flicks back to where it should be.

Its very off putting and ruins the immersion.

I am using trackir 5.0.230 software and tackir 4 with trackclippro hardware and have none of these problems with other games.

Hope someone else has this problem and found a solution.

I'll post if I figure out what the problem is...

Sporadic but without computer-restart persistent glitch when Track IR-5 is in use:

Sometimes mouse does not work in editor, cannot place units. And I have this problem since I started using Track IR 5..

Don't know if it happens with Track IR-4 series (Is TIR-4 working in Arma2?), but even after restarting Arma2 and turning off, and restarting Track IR 5 software (Version 5.0 Final B) will not help..

Can somebody please confirm if this is an Arma2 related error, or has it to do with the latest provided non-beta software of Track IR 5?

Thank you!

Edited by Thani '82
And again problem occurs...

I've tried searching for this issue and have seen mention of the odd keyboard and mouse function problems but...

Am I the only one that is having TrackIR issues with 1.05?

It works perfectly with my other s/w including ArmA(1) and it worked perfectly with ArmA2 right up until I updated to 1.05.

It would seem from the lack of posts that this must be a local issue with my setup but if anyone else has run into this, knows what it may be or might just have a suggestion I'm all ears.

I use TIR4 with the most recent 1.05 s/w and the camera always has the lower blue light activated when a TIR supporting application is running. And again ArmA1 is fine and ArmA2 was fine until recently. I'm not at all sure it has anything to do with 1.05 but when I updated to that level is when TIR stopped acknowledging ArmA2 as a TIR supporting app.

You just don't realize how much you depend on any particular input device until it's not working..:o

Thanks for any thoughts and big apologies if this is covered somewhere else and I just missed it.

Cheers,

Edited by Akilez
Add 'Fixed' status to title

I've never seen the blue light but trackir works fine for me with 1.05. Maybe its because I have the steam version?

Most of the time IF is ALT+TAB , Trackir stops responding and you have

to kill arma2 and kill trackir and restart it for it to work again

Its a right pain in the arse :-(

Under Options -> Controls -> Controller, try disabling, and reenabling the TrackIR

Thats doesnt help sadly , I already tried that , makes no difference