Sign in to follow this  
critanda

SP Mission: Operation Enable Sky

Any ideas why Charlie and Delta -teams just stand there and dont do anything after the helicopter landing?

Great mission. I had some tense moments, not to spoil anything. Missions that span so much of the map are always fun.

Did anyone else have issues getting the APC to move? The map APC marker just doesn't mark the actual APC, and the APC already has a driver in it that is not under my command... Am I missing anything?

Great mission 10/10

Edited by Scimitar67
Wording of text

Ah, thx, would've never guessed mission uses high command. Too bad BIS didn't include any indicator that high command is available :(

I am a retard. I have Vista and can't get it to work. I download the file and put it in the Arma2 missions folder and launch the game but don't see it anywhere. When I look at the file type it says that it is a ".7Z" as in seven zee. WHat the heck is that? Isn't it supposed to be a .pbo and how do I change it to get it to work? I am guessing that is the problem. THankS!

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

I just redownloaded it from mediafire and it worked...the armaholics didn't work for me, the file format was 7Z.

I am a retard. I have Vista and can't get it to work. I download the file and put it in the Arma2 missions folder and launch the game but don't see it anywhere. When I look at the file type it says that it is a ".7Z" as in seven zee. WHat the heck is that? Isn't it supposed to be a .pbo and how do I change it to get it to work? I am guessing that is the problem. THankS!

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

I just redownloaded it from mediafire and it worked...the armaholics didn't work for me, the file format was 7Z.

.7z is an open source compression program like "WinZip". You need to download the 7z program (http://www.7-zip.org/) extract the file to your desktop & then copy the mission .PBO to your missions folder. =)

Once again...brilliant mate. Well put together mission and some good locations for the battles. Spot on.

Just played your updated version of this right through,excellent mission!

Theres a lot more enemies come pouring out of Grishino this time round, not advisable to advance across open ground! I eventually made it into the woods on the right on the approach to the town & picked off the enemy infantry from there with my men in reasonably safe cover, charlie & delta werent so lucky though, their headlong charge only left about 2 of them for the counter attack!

The only bugs I noticed were on one go the blackhawk that was meant to pick my squad up decided to fly to the other side of map instead of coming to us, so I reloaded my last save before the choppers came & on the second go it did what it was meant to do. The other bug was that the second M1A1 tank that is supposed to advance on Grishino supporting charlie & delta didnt move, it just stayed put, repeated goes didnt seem to move it. The other M1A1 nearer my squad did as it was supposed to though so we werent totally without armour.

Top mission & one il definitely play again!

Thanks for all the respons! :yay:

Just played your updated version of this right through,excellent mission!

Theres a lot more enemies come pouring out of Grishino this time round, not advisable to advance across open ground! I eventually made it into the woods on the right on the approach to the town & picked off the enemy infantry from there with my men in reasonably safe cover, charlie & delta werent so lucky though, their headlong charge only left about 2 of them for the counter attack!

The only bugs I noticed were on one go the blackhawk that was meant to pick my squad up decided to fly to the other side of map instead of coming to us, so I reloaded my last save before the choppers came & on the second go it did what it was meant to do. The other bug was that the second M1A1 tank that is supposed to advance on Grishino supporting charlie & delta didnt move, it just stayed put, repeated goes didnt seem to move it. The other M1A1 nearer my squad did as it was supposed to though so we werent totally without armour.

Top mission & one il definitely play again!

I've got many reports that the choppers are bugging sometimes, but everytime I try this part I have never encountered it. Kind of weird. It might have to do something with the performance of the computer you are sitting on. If the performance is bad the game might "skip" some of the triggers and stuff like that. That's just my theory thought, don't know how the game works under the hood really! It could also be a AI bug.

The way I balanced the assault on Grishino, was making sure that Delta and Charlie could make it on their own without getting wiped out too easily. They are still not invincible though ;) I use some hidden stuff like respawning troopers that are invisible to the player. They would never make it since they are so heavily outnumbered otherwise.

I wanted player to be able to complete this part without it being too frustrating and make the "really" hard part the counterattack - where you hopefully feel that you accomplished something hard if you make it alive.

Anyway my next mission should be available in the coming week, keep an eye open for it!

Thanks for all the respons! :yay:

I've got many reports that the choppers are bugging sometimes, but everytime I try this part I have never encountered it. Kind of weird. It might have to do something with the performance of the computer you are sitting on. If the performance is bad the game might "skip" some of the triggers and stuff like that. That's just my theory thought, don't know how the game works under the hood really! It could also be a AI bug.

I've had this bug 2 times in 3 plays. One way I've fixed it is to run around like a chicken with my head cut off, and when that didn't work I reloaded a previous save and it worked. On the latter occurrence it appeared to have been caused by my team standing too close to where the chopper wanted to land and the chopper just hovered out of boarding reach.

The time I fixed it by running around, the chopper started out hovering in formation and didn't land to pick us up until I seemed to have walked over a trigger that I don't see in the editor. *shrug*

It can be annoying, but I'd say it's hardly game breaking. I've played through most of the original campaign after all :p

I'm really looking forward to your next mission. I've enjoyed the first two immensely, so thank you for them. They've also helped me as examples of how to use the editor as well. I'm totally new to BIS games, not to mention editing them, but using your two missions as guides has been a big help. :)

Edited by PhelanKA7

Having a problem with the chopper pick up. The chopper always hits the dam overhead cables and crashes. Tried reverting to a save point but it seems to be bugged.

Shame as I had really enjoyed this mission up to this point.

Don't think much he can do about the choppers. The AI Flight Routine and Pathfinding is dam awful in this game. Sometimes they do fine, and other times they don't.

I have watched Choppers fly right into mountains doing strafing passes all the time. Or hit a building. The Ai is just plain dumb.

Good mission, but bugged for me. The counter attack never comes, makes mission uncompletable.

Managed to sort out chopper crash bug.

When chopper flies over LZ, I put my cursor over the chopper and hit space bar and told all my men to board chopper before it had a chance to get to the lower part of the field and the offending power lines.

The chopper immediately turns and lands:yay:

Was able to complete the mission no problems after that.

Great mission, thanks.

Found what I believe to be the bug in the counter attack coming.

Seems to be a bug in the medic/revive module. I was at the counter attack area, Charlie were with me, but I asked Delta to report their position and they were miles away. I ran over to see them.

Delta consisted of one man trying to revive a dead teamate. If I shot him, he didn't die. Infact even blowing him up with an RPG didn't shift him. So I tried to see if I could drag the body he was "healing" out of the way. This got me stuck in the same situation as him unable to do anything whatsoever.

Seems that sometimes when people go down and someone tries to heal him, the healing party gets stuck forever in the healing position.

Excellent Mission, the assault on the first Tunguska encouaged me to go trough the mission to the end!!

Good scripting, hasn't faced any problems with the chopper's landing.

but yeah the AT soldier have the wrong ammo..

Besides, Two words man : GOOD JOB !!!!

Excellent mission, two thumbs up, so far the best OFPish experience i had since a long long time.

Even showed that to a mate that isnt a mil sim fan and he was amazed by it.

One thing i found not so nice was the locked trucks in the russian camp, i planned to rearm my squad after the second Tunguska so i ran all the way back to get the truck and pick my men up just to find that all trucks are locked.

I guess in war if i need a transport id surely find a way to use a truck that stands there all nicely.

Better than running all the way back for sure :)

Apart from that i played till we take the village and wait for the counter but it seems the counterattack doesnt come.

I even ran towards the are where the enemy is supposed to come from but didnt encounter anything.

I guess in war if i need a transport id surely find a way to use a truck that stands there all nicely.

I tend to lock armored vehicles and aircraft only. I figure that it isn't too hard to drive a car if you don't know how but a tank, helicopter or jet might be a bit harder.

I think I am going to give this one a try. Everyone seems to like it.

Just completed this mission... 4,5 hours off fun.

Only getting enough amo for my team was a little difficult in the end.

I've picked up ammo for my team from the chopper en dropped it @ the floor... before my team got the disembark command.

After they disembark I let my team mates pick up the ammo from the floor.

That did the trick.

Nice mission... thnx.