Sign in to follow this  
wiggum2

Let all players have access to SOM Helicopter

Hi,

i use this to call a helicopter (h2).

-I have two playable Soldiers named Marine1 and Marine2

-I have the SOM Module synced with Marine1 (the group leader)

-I have a trigger (Radio Alpha) with this in On Activation:

waitUntil {!isnil {Marine1 getVariable "mainScope"}}; SOM_mainScope = Marine1 getVariable "mainScope"; [["transport"], Marine1] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc; SOM setVariable ["TSS_vehicle_custom", h2]; SOM setVariable ["TSS_allowed", ["pickup", "unload"]]; SOM setVariable ["TSS_plannedLZ", [0,0,0]]; h2 setVariable ["supPool", [bIS_cooper], TRUE]; h2 setVariable ["supPhase", 0, TRUE]; h2 setVariable ["onMission", objNull, TRUE]; h2 setVariable ["stuck", FALSE, TRUE];

It works, but only Marine1 can call the helicopter...stupid in MP.

Now, what can i do that both players (Marine1 and Marine2) can call the helicopter ?

The least complicated way I can think of would be to make a second helicopter, and basically copy the code you've got but exchange "marine1" with "marine2." I'm not sure if you need a second SOM for them to be independent of each other, though. I'd give it a try but my friend/debugger/troubleshooter is offline right now so I couldn't test it extensively. :icon_confused:

I'd like to know this as well. Calling

[["transport"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

doesn't work for multiplayer missions. The host will be able to call the chopper alright, but other players despite having the support menu are not able to call it. It seems somewhat broken. I've run into a similar problem with the airstrike support request, although it seems to work a little bit better.

I'd like to know this as well. Calling

doesn't work for multiplayer missions. The host will be able to call the chopper alright, but other players despite having the support menu are not able to call it. It seems somewhat broken. I've run into a similar problem with the airstrike support request, although it seems to work a little bit better.

The

Points out to "Player", and who is the "player" on a server? There are many.

I haven't tried this at all.

But name one of the clients "Spelare1" (spelare is swedish for player and is just a name to prevent the mixup with just "Player") And the other Spelare2

Use the above code but replace player with Spelare1 and copy the code and and this time use Spelare2

This should call it for both clients. And possible solve the problem.

"Player" is local to the client it is running on. So if you run that script on all clients it should be run for all players. The problem is, it doesn't work because the script doesn't appear to be safe to use with more than one "SOM client."

So make 2 SOM's, sync SOM1 to Marine1, sync SOM2 to Marine2, create a trigger activated by alpha, and in the On act. field put:

[["transport"], Marine1] call BIS_SOM1_addSupportRequestFunc; [["transport"], Marine2] call BIS_SOM2_addSupportRequestFunc;

Add the following as you normally would for marine1 & h2, then modify it for marine2 & another helicopter, and change the name of the second SOM.

waitUntil {!isnil {Marine1 getVariable "mainScope"}}; SOM_mainScope = Marine1 getVariable "mainScope"; [["transport"], Marine1] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc; SOM setVariable ["TSS_vehicle_custom", h2]; SOM setVariable ["TSS_allowed", ["pickup", "unload"]]; SOM setVariable ["TSS_plannedLZ", [0,0,0]]; h2 setVariable ["supPool", [bIS_cooper], TRUE]; h2 setVariable ["supPhase", 0, TRUE]; h2 setVariable ["onMission", objNull, TRUE]; h2 setVariable ["stuck", FALSE, TRUE]; 

That should give you two completely independent transports. However, I have no idea if two SOMs will conflict with each other in some way, or if there's some other sort of bug or glitch that would muck it all up. I'm still fairly new to editing. :p

That's not exactly an acceptable solution, even if it does work. For a squad of 8 playable units you'd need 8 different SOMs and 8 helicopters!

I found that adding an artillery barrage using SOM to a unit in a group ie NOT using player but unit name, it was accessible to both players in the group. This actually causes my mission problems.

Are Marine1 and Marine2 in the same group?

I found that you can't sync two units to the SOM, the one which will work appears to be the one sync'd first, even though it'll let you sync in the editor multiple groups.

Interesting. I'll have to try if my MP SecOps problems go away by using named units, thanks North Star for pointing me here.

I am a complete noob here and I dont understand what the reason is that we can only do it on one group memeber? But

If the feature only allows one group member to do that can u make a trigger that marine two will become marine one if marine 1 dies?

Breeze: What you describe may happen automatically right now. There does seem to be some kind of mechanic whereby if the group leader dies, the new group leader will "take over" the support requests. It appears to work that way in local tests with an AI group leader, anyway. It still seems a little flaky in MP.

Thought I would bring this up again and mention that I tested only calling the support request script on the group leader (by name), and it still doesn't work in MP unless that person is the host.

Probably because the group leader has to be synchronised with the SOM.

If all players have died at some point, there may not be a surviving squad member to pass the baton on to.

An eventhandler that resynchronises the SOM with a player might solve the problem.

That's a good point, but if someone joins my game and chooses to be the group leader, the support request still won't work for them. They are already using the unit that's synchronized with the SOM from the beginning.

SOM isnt working for me/other players in MP, only in testing. waa :confused:

Trying to call in CAS; seem to works fine in offline preview....quite awesome in fact....but not in mp

SOM:

this setVariable ["settings", [[], true, nil, nil, false]];

Trigger on Act:

[["transport", "aerial_reconnaissance", "supply_drop", "tactical_airstrike", "artillery_barrage"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc; 

Radio Alpha

SOM doesn't work in MP because of a bug, the dev team is working on it but no ETA.