Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

ArmA and ArmA 2 Joint Terrain Project - Baucau, East Timor

Thanks, ye, lol, lets just say I dont think I will be posting on there for a lil while :)

Check your PM :)

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

@Bigsmokeee

Check our PM :)

I'm following this project like a hawk, can't wait to see how it comes out.

Ok, as far as pictures in ArmA 2 I am still testing and poritng it over. Armed Assault Screenshots however are ok. :)

I will howerver work on a NEw Config and WRP so that current testers can replace after Un-PBO'ing the file.

Edited by OChristie
Info

Hi Ocristie,

map is indeed a great piece off work and I send a PM to you about the job off combat photographer, would be glad to help you out :D

I got A1 & A2 so i can take pick in both games.

keep up the great work!

Thanks for the PM, Replied, Check your Inbox :)

@All,

Expect an early beta of this to be released at some point over the next few days because this time next week I will be on Rugby tour in South Africa for 2 weeks so no computers :( :( lol. I will let the beta be fully tested by who ever wants to download it and then with that feedback I will work towards a release version after I get back :)

But over these next couple of days I will be working to improve this map as much as I can.

Attention to all BETA testers of the pre-release version

I have updated this map to the version before the release version

You will need to Un-PBO the Original PBO then replace the files in the PBO with the ones in the link to update it :)

File Link

P.S. Also, No doubt a certain member of both the VBS2 Community and ArmA community will think I have stolen the ADF Version of East Timor and report me for something that I havent done (familiar, huh!) and try and get me in even more trouble. So FYI I purchased the data myself, and have not touched anything related to VBS2 to make this.

Why don't you just name me Ollie? You're the one who breached the BIA EULA and made a sub-standard copy of an official terrain, you chose Baucau specifically to get a response from me, well here's my response mate, your terrain work is crap. None of it has seen use in military circles and out of all the terrains possible on this planet you chose a patch of dirt that has already been done. I mean why beat around the bush? surely you've got the balls to name who you're talking about? Oh that's right, you're a child who's parents bought VBS2 for him.

Let's see, unqualified child launches a fake company on the internet, called Saturn Defense Systems, offering one on one training in MOUT through the employment of VBS2, then decides to argue with an experienced soldier over weaponry, ring any bells? oh that's right it was YOU... OLIVER CHRISTIE. Fraud comes to mind there. Oh and downloading encrypted VBS2 content not for your key code and attempting to reverse engineer it, that's highly illegal for most of the world's population.

Jamie.

Edited by jamie_c

Why don't you just name me Ollie? You're the one who breached the BIA EULA and made a sub-standard copy of an official terrain, you chose Baucau specifically to get a response from me, well here's my response mate, your terrain work is crap.

Jamie.

Because naming you would be a personal 'attack' and that is not how I work.

Sure, In the past I made a silly mistake with BIA, accepted my punishment, moved on. And I am able to make a terrain of anywhere on the planet if I want, I chose Baucau because the map that BIA made of the area is not released to general customers. And I wanted other people to be able to experience that area. So I did it so that I could play on my own little version becasue I cant use the BIA terrain. The world does not revolve around you Mr. Coombs.

Edit:

A patch of dirt that was done for the ADF. I have never asked for my work to be used in militray circles. I dont see the problem that my parents bought me VBS2?? :)

So, I had a lil immature idea and didnt really think out the consequences. Big deal, no one is perfect. Ahah, unfortunatley arrogance comes with age. Reverse Engineer? hmm interesting, considering that isnt possible and I wouldnt even know what to do. Also, I havent done that so...nm :)

Thanks you for your constructive criticism. :)

OChristie

Edited by OChristie

No you haven't moved on, you still e-mail about once a week begging to get back in.

C'mon Ollie, I'm here now, you posted comments to my blog, so lets get it on son, let's go! You are the fakest sorry sack of crap I have ever come across in my life.

Jamie.

Edited by jamie_c

LOL, I believe the last email I sent to VBS2 Support was about 3 months ago asking whether I would be allowed access back in. Ignored, Fair Enough. And then recently asking about VBS2.

Your words......they Arouse me. Goodbye Jamie, your really offtopic.

No actually, right on topic because your words in bold and red in your post refer directly to me, so much so that I was playing fallout 3 when they were brought to my attention by someone half the world away.

The fact you're a thief and a fraud is secondary to the fact your terrain is a rip off, you harassed me into the ground about operational terrain areas for the ADF, and yet still the people responsible for making those terrains public have not acted. All fun and games for them putting videos on VBS2.com and then telling the world who I work for, I have to deal with little shits like you.

Jamie.

No they dont, they refer to a certain member of the community.

So what if I was asking, you didnt tell me, it went nowhere so thats that. You dont have to talk to me. That is becaue the people who are responsible for those terrains have no time to deal with incidents such as this. I dont think that is anything to do with me.

OChristie

My terrain is not a rip off, it is enspired by BIA Terrain, then done to the best of my ability, I dont see a problem there, sure it isnt perfect, but hey :)

Would have been fine if you asked once Ollie, but you're a persistant little bugger and you know it, you just don't stop... take this dancing banana... :yay: as long as your computer is functioning and there's power to your system it's likely he will dance forever if he remains on screen. That's how you are with asking for shit you're not entitled to.

You're so persistant I had to report you for it... with regards to SDS, that wasn't anything to do with me... I was shown a link to the site, next thing I know you got stomped on. I can't find anything that's not on google, and especially not if I'm not looking for it. Google is like a little tin hat, it protects me from the bad peoples.

I simply see it as that simple, I honestly don't care if you made a timor terrain, good for you, people might wonder where the hell timor is... I suggest a map of the world and a bit of back story. But I sure as hell stress to you not to even remotely refer to me again because I don't care until other people point out what you're doing.

Jamie.

Nice similie/metaphor with the Dancing Banana.

True, I am persitant. Fair enough I would proberly do the same.

Fair enough. Settled.

OChristie

Such crap should not be aired on our forums thank you.