Sign in to follow this  
guynumber7

extreme lag on normal settings

with a 1680x1240 resolution, i get extreme lag. ALso, plenty of "recieving" as well. Not to mention crashes, but i wont go there. low framerate.

any ideas on how to fix? i have tried changing the number of frames setting in the sticky from 2 to 8, and turning off Physz, but no real difference.

post processing is off....AA is on i think normal as well.

havent tried the fillrate stuff yet...usin latest drivers.

i made one of those thingies here http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2699

E6400 @ 2.4 ghz

GTX 260

3GB DDR2-775

WinXP32

with a 1680x1240 resolution, i get extreme lag.

Maybe you should try lower your "normal" settings, this game really need HIGH specs to run smoothly with 'very high' settings.

Try 1280x1024 and same with 3D Resolution.

Well my 3d resolution setting is just a bar, not a toggle, but I'll try lower res.

And my normal settings I mean normal as set in game between low and high.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

I think it's the optimization, beause I could run crysis on medium high with no lag back when it came out, and my friend with a AMD 64 X2, an ATI 3870 and 2gb of ddr2 1066 ram can run the game better than mine with less lag, no rrcieving and no crashes. Whoever optimized this game had no clue about nvidia.

Maybe working, you could try that :

set your screen resolution to 1680*1024

Set your 3D resolution to 1280*1024 (something around 75% fillrate)

Result will be not that nice

Use Anti-Aliasing to smooth things a bit.

It may help FPS-wise and get you a not so horrible look, hopefully

EDIT : BTW there are other things that kill FPS than just resolution :

- Terrain detail. Set it to low to keep grass, but not higher, the visual gain is not that much anyway

- Shadows. Try without them, I gained 10 FPS personally

- view distance, set 1500 for being comfortable

If fiddling with these gives you correct result, you can then up each parameter one after the other until you have the best result for you ni terms of perf and prettiness. A long and painfull process :(

Crashes may come from VRAM setting not adapted. Depending on your physical VRAM, use High or Very High setting for VRAM

Edited by whisper

For myself. I find that the Object detail, terrain detail, and view distance ar the big FPS killers.

I did the ARMA-Mark thing and with everything on "Normal" and my view distance on 2000, got me a score of 2300. But I put my Terrain and Object detail down to "Low" and View Distance down to 1500 and my score shot up to 3900. And with the View Distance back up to 2000 I am still getting 3500.

Wouldn't all this be because of different graphic engines apart from Crysis compared to ArmA2 and all other Arm, OFP games?

well, all settings are on normal, and i really dont wanna do low. my friend has a worse gfx card yet can run it better than me.

I have the same processor and a X1950XT. I run the game on normal everything bar very high objects detail, disabled shadows, post-processing, AA and AF. I get around 25-30FPS. Also it's worth knowing ARMA2 is very CPU intensive, that old CPU won't run things on normal well if you have shadows and other things on at all.

i could try with all that shit off but imo its the game not using my GTX 260 correctly.

my proceser is oced too.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

now im getting cannot create 3d device errors. wtf.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

ok......so i tried it with no shadows and reciving is pretty much gone!! woot! havent tested multiplayer but single runs better. still crashes a LOT though..

also, im geting an i7 and ddr3 soon.

I have the same card, and you're trying to get too much out of it. I can run 1280x1024 just fine, and maybe a little higher; but trying to get 1680x1240 in any newer game out of a 260 is pushing it

Hi.

Just curious, what size monitor do you have? Is that it's native res? If not, I'd try the native res.

1680x1024 is native and max. I can't do 1680x1240 that was my bad.