Sign in to follow this  
Crunch

Analog Throttle Control

I see some posts here and there about the throttle control in Arma2. Using an analog control like my CH Throttle, there is no analog control available. The throttle is either full on or full off. I cannot believe this design decision and it makes flying the jets using an actual throttle impossible. Am I missing something?

Any chance the developers are considering including full analog control in a patch. Again, I searched the forms but did not find a specific answer.

Thanks

Edited by Crunch

I use analog control on my Logitech joystick without any problem. Did you assign the controls properly in the Arma settings?

Keep crashing on almost every landing because i cannot control sinkrate by thrust, simply because you cannot control thrust directly.

Iantis, would be nice if you could show your settings somehow.

My throttle control will accellerate > 50%, keep current speed arround 50%, and decellerate at <50%.

Thats really fine, simplifying helicopter controls, but usesless at fixed wing aircrafts.

Yes Iantis, please share your settings. I think you may be mistaken? Thanks

Hmm, ok I will take a look at it tonight and see what I can find. Perhaps sobrek is right, it is either decelerate, hold or accelerate. When I fly helicopters it feels like I have full 0 - 100% control, but I could be incorrect about that.

When I have the throttle around the middle position I can hover, and then I can slowly descend by pulling it down slightly. If I put it down all the way, obviously, I descend rapidly and crash. So it feels like I have very fine-grained control. I use the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick. You can see the throttle is a rotating switch at the bottom.

Hmm, ok I will take a look at it tonight and see what I can find. Perhaps sobrek is right, it is either decelerate, hold or accelerate. When I fly helicopters it feels like I have full 0 - 100% control, but I could be incorrect about that.

When I have the throttle around the middle position I can hover, and then I can slowly descend by pulling it down slightly. If I put it down all the way, obviously, I descend rapidly and crash. So it feels like I have very fine-grained control. I use the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick. You can see the throttle is a rotating switch at the bottom.

Yes there is a minuscule window on analog controls with the helicopter where you have 100%, hold and 0%, there is no actual analog throttle control.

I have Logitech 3D Pro Extreme too and in my case analog trottle for planes isn't working too... In helis everything is ok... So i think Bohemia didn't equipped us with such a luxus...

It's the same for me.

I'm using an x52 and it seems that the engine does nothing until I move the throttle to the 100% position.

When I try to throttle down slightly I crash constantly because the engine basically goes to zero.

To land a chopper I am having to auto hover and throttle back and forth between 100% and zero% to get it to land without crashing.

Yeah it is one of the more pathetic "features" of ARMA2, using an X52 here as well. The game is really only as strong as it's weakest link, and this makes the flying part of the game extremely weak :(

I've determined that I should only decrease power over the spot where I want the crater to appear.

Yeah i have same problem, and to me this is a MASSIVE error on BIS's part, such a simple thing to implement to :(

This issue has been raised with the Devs and as I understand it it's being looked into. :)

This issue has been raised with the Devs and as I understand it it's being looked into. :)

Thanks for the info Lowe. I hope it does get addressed and it will be much appreciated! Very, very strange design decision. TrackIR support but no throttle support? Even the Battlefield games do this.

Doesn't it carry over to the vehicles too? AI related perhaps?

Criminal decision whatever the reasons.

*occassional flyer (strictly pleasure though;))*

This issue was never resolved. iT LOOKS LIKE EVEN THE DEVS DECIEVED THEMSELVES ON THIS ISSUE I'm using my force 3d pro, and only roithe top 85% of the throttle gives you thrust,. BI needs to just make separate settings for each type of air vehicle. Not only are there major problems with the range and proportions of the throttle control, some times I cannot get it to that last half millimeter where the turbo/afterburners(max thrust) should be. I physically cannot get the thrust to go max, and we crash!! As well any attempt to adjust sensitivity in both windows and in game FAIL and make the throttle even more useless. I was 'ok' until today, I guess my throttle slider is dirty in that tiny little spot. The game doesnt detect the throttle until its way too late(80% or more)... Oh well, gues theres LOTS more to be said(it doesn't work)

Unless Im not seeing the problem, the throttle works fine on on my X52 setup....can remember if I set anything up in any particular fashion, but get thrust up and down the throttle.

Oddly enough, I had them hooked up last night, flying around the various maps and in the armory.