Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Louder interior sound for shells hitting vehicles

I recently got killed while commanding M1A1 by BTR-90 which fired 30mm rounds and then probably a missile. No problem with that but I could not hear any hits from 30mm bounching at my tank.

There should be condiserably more noise inside the vehicles when it's hit my bullets/cannons/missiles. I hope the sound engine could be modified to support that.

Same for choppers please, I've been taking rounds and the only way I realised was that my peripheral vision noticed the armour rapidly disappearing. I never heard a single thing.

Needless to say but it would create lots and lots of immersion to the game...and fun.

noticed that yesterday to...i only noticed the vehicle's health bar getting smaller...nothing else. you should really be able to hear, when being shot at.

Agreed, I always hate being shot down because at the last minute I hear a really tiny "dink!" rather than the thumps that one would think it would sound like from inside any vehicle.

Isnt it about occlusion and obstruction values?

Yes we need these sounds.

Seems to be a big bug for the armoured warfare part.

Monk.

Occlusion shouldn't be an issue, because the impact would in essence be turning the entire surface of sheet metal into the membrane of a large speaker. Because it is solid, you'd be hearing the sound loud and clear on the inside, too.

From what I understand, the sound can be so frightening that soldiers stay inside for fear or disembark the vehicle for fear of eventual penetration.

Would the rounds hitting also cause the chopper to vibrate - maybe more so on higher caliber rounds?

YES!

Hits should be louder than anything else when you are in a vehicle

Battlefield 2 had this sound down pat. When getting shot at it sounded like someone beating on a piece of metal with a hammer.

+1

I'm often in a plane and just glance up at the health bar and realise I'm almost dead! There's no sound or feedback at all when you get shot...