Sign in to follow this  
blakord

Dogs of War launcher available

Data:

• Name. Dogs of War Arma Launch Pad 2.1
  • Version. 2.1
  • License. GNU GPL, depots and web pages feel free to re-distribute it, link it or put it into your download storage.
  • Release date. 07–14-09
  • OS. Tested at XP, Vista 32 and 64, and Win7, MS framework required.
  • Price. Everyone have to invite me a beer ohh yeah

No Beta test of this new version, the old version was working fine, this new version are tested for a few friend this weekend, if you find some bug, post it here and i try fix it in a new version.

Features:

• Friendly interface.
  • You can set it for Operation Flashpoint (cold war crisis), Armed Assault, Armed Assault II and Armed Assault II Steam version, all in 1 launcher.
  • You can manage add-ons independent for every game.
  • The standard add-ons are independent of sound mod, you can select all add-ons you want but only 1 sound mod at time.
  • You can manage your favorite server list for launch directly as multiplayer connecting to server including the server in the profile preset or selecting the server in the main screen before launch, and this list will show if servers are online and ping rate, support for include private server password.
  • Manage all profiles as you need.
  • Hot checkbox for click the most common parameters, but you can add any extra parameter line for each profile.
  • You can preset all options, add-ons, mod sound, multiplayer server, direct click common parameters (empty world, windows, skip intro) and custom parameters for all profiles.
  • You can see all preset option when you select any profile in the main screen, all options can be selected or unselected on the fly in the main screen before launch without save your profile changes.
  • On steam work fine with all add-ons folders and parameters like the box version, if Steam is not already running this launcher will start steam and Arma 2 automatic with all preset options and add-ons.
  • Multi language supported, by default distributed on English and Spanish, just put new lang file edited on word pad on lang directory and the launcher will get it (WTF… is this necessary?)

Change log version 2.0 to 2.1:

• Fixed: Main window cut on some resolutions, the server list deploying effect was causing wrong window size for some resolutions, in 2.1 this effect has been removed and main window show the server list alway deployed, no more window cut on main screen.
  • Fixed: Steam version launching issue, few people have diferent Steam ID, now Valve confirm me they are using 2 Steam ID for Arma II, both Steam ID are now included on switch box available on DoW 2.1 config screen, now is working for every Steam users.
  • Fixed: Issue launching connecting to servers using especific port, now the connection is working fine with or without port on server setting, the port is requiered for some server depending of they configuration or how many games are hosted in same IP, in another cases is not necesary.
  • New feature: Now on config screen you can select your correct Steam application ID for Arma II asigned by Steam, 33900 and 33910 (default), help for Steam version setting included clicking a help icon there - (Arma II Steam version only)
  • New feature: Now you can force to use SLI on windows vista and windows 7 - (Arma II only)
  • New feature: Now you can force the number of core usage for Arma II, by default autodetection - (Arma II only)
  • New feature: Now you can include server password on "Managing my favorites screen", private servers requiring a password now can be launch from DoW 2.1.
  • New feature: Now you can use URL address of server if you dont know the IP.
  • New feature: New smart paste for server list, you can copy URL and IP (control-C) from any web or text box to the clipboard, using the following formats xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx, xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx, www .Server.com and www .Server.com:xxxx, and use the paste button editing a server on manager, the smart paste will try fill all fields correctly.

Important note:

You must uninstall old version 2.0

Because new version use a new data estructure, you must delete the old folder with all .cfg files before install 2.1, for force DoW 2.1 to make all new fresh files

Know bugs

Some servers are online but the ping of server list return unavailable or offline

People getting "access denied" message running the launcher, is a problem validating the write permissions of Windows "Program Files" folder, if you get this error, just uninstall DoW Arma Launchpad and reinstall it on another folder out of "porgram files", example "c:\DoW Launcher"

More info at

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1368716#post1368716

DOWNLOAD - Dogs of War ArmA Launchpad 2.1

Mirror from Filefront: >>DOWNLOAD 2.1<<

Mirror from ArmA2Base: >>DOWNLOAD 2.1<<

Mirror from Armaholic: >>DOWNLOAD 2.1<<

Few screenshots:

Main screen with my favorites server deployed - NEW 2.1 UPDATE

21mainscreen.gif

Configuration screen - NEW 2.1 UPDATE

21configscreen.gif

Managin favorites servers - NEW 2.1 UPDATE

21serverscreen.gif

Add-ons manager screen

guidehowdo05.gif

Profiles manager screen, from version 1 sorry no 2.0 version shots

guidehowdo06.gif

EXTRA SCREENSHOTS

The add-ons manager will try scan your game folders for search the add-ons, you can also add add-ons folders manualy

http://img36.imageshack.us/i/guidehowdo04.gif

If you have more than 1 game configured in the launcher, this screnn will ask for what game will work for manage addons

http://img3.imageshack.us/i/guidehowdo13.gif

DOWNLOAD - Dogs of War ArmA Launchpad 2.1

Mirror from Filefront: >>DOWNLOAD 2.1<<

Mirror from ArmA2Base: >>DOWNLOAD 2.1<<

Mirror from Armaholic: >>DOWNLOAD 2.1<<

Enjoy it!!!

Dogs Of War older version:

Data:

• Name. Dogs of War Arma Launch Pad
  • Version. 2.0
  • License. GNU GPL, depots and web pages feel free to re-distribute it, link it or put it into your download storage.
  • Release date. 07–05-09
  • OS. Tested at XP, Vista 32 and 64, MS framework required.
  • Price. Everyone have to invite me a beer ohh yeah
  • Where is DoW V1?. I use the v1 (armed assault only) for my personal edition projects only, and few friends, I decide share for everyone this new version.

Download older version 2.0 (don't recomended, just for history)

From Filefront

From Armaholic

From ArmA2Base

Edited by Blakord

Good make! Can't wait to try it out when I get my ArmA 2.

trying this now... the dialog won't resize? any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

fantastic!

unfortunately, i think i found a small bug. in win7 64, i can't resize the window. some stuff is cut off at the bottom because of this.

Loki and Acadiancrusader sorry, the windows cant be resize because you dont need work for a long time, the extra code is not justified, but if you have a bug with dialog size on win7, I can make the code for resize in next version, please post me an screen shot of every cuted windows for help me, this is tested on XP and Vista not Win7, im using last version of visual studio maybe is a win7 bug, but if can fix with resize option i can do it

Very nice launcher! Thanks! :)

Just a question im throwing out there: Is it possible for myself to make another banner (top graphics of the launcher)? I work with graphics so i always see things like that and i love change things graphically. :D Thaught of adding an ARMA logo with some nice fluff around for myself. But maybe its not changable easy.

No big deal. Just my thaughts always go like this hehe.

Thanks again for a super launcher.

Alex

Very nice launcher... very userfriendly and everything! I will recommend to all my friends!

One thing: It doesn't launch my game. It launches Steam, but the game will not launch. The directories are correct, even with no addon folders set. "Engage and play" green bar is on the bottom but will not "Engage" Aka 'start' Arma2.

Armed Assault II Steam Directory:

Steam Path:

Steam Arma Real Directory: (ok.)

Default steam path:

G:\Steam\Steam.exe

steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe

My default game: ARMA II Steam Version.

===============

I created a new profile with the same information and that didn't work ether.

Skip Intro, Window, World Empty (fast start) all unchecked. No addons on right side.

Looks good, thanks for your contribution!

One Q: I wonder if there is possible to add a servers URL, and not only a servers IP?

Regards,

-Rawhide

I get the same as Victor and my friend gets

Access to path c:\program files (86)\blakord\dogs of war launcher\profiles is denied

Also getting : error access rto the path c:\program files (86)\blakord\dogs of war launcher\DOWconfig.cfg is denied

He is on Vista 64 Edited by Ashole

Thanks for the great launcher. I tried it with ARMA1 and it works great. but I am having problems with using the launcher with my ARMA2 Steam version. I am not sure how many people have tried the launcher with the Steam Version of ARMA2 yet. (I see Victor is having the same problem too). I set up the path and everything shows up ok. When I click "Engage and Play", Steam starts. But the game does not start. Not at all. I even checked my Task Manager and it is not running.

I think I know what the problem might be. I think it might be with the "applaunch" code. I noticed that the code that they show me in the "Test Command Line" is not the same one that I see in my shortcut created by Steam on my desktop. It is off by 10. I'm guessing that you would just need to modify it in your parameters in the application code.

Thanks again for the app. Hope to see an update soon. =)

Edited by CID_Gen_Bondorf

I think Bondorf is right on the money. If you could change this in an update, we'd much appreciate it :)

DOW Launcher uses this command line for Steam: -applaunch 33900

My Arma2 Steam shortcut uses this command line: -applaunch 33910

I get the same as Victor and my friend gets

He is on Vista 64

I'm on XP 32.

Edited by Victor

I think Bondorf is right on the money. If you could change this in an update, we'd much appreciate it :)

DOW Launcher uses this command line for Steam: -applaunch 33900

My Arma2 Steam shortcut uses this command line: -applaunch 33910

I'm on XP 32.

That's weird - mine is just the opposite (Steam uses 33900, DOW uses 33910). I'm on Vista 32 but I doubt that makes a difference. Maybe this is an option that should be user customizable?

I managed to get around this by creating a custom profile. From the "Custom Game" list I chose "Custom" instead of the "Arma II Steam Version" option. For the "Select custom Arma folder" I used "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe" (click the folder icon and navigate to the location of the arma2.exe file).

When I click the red "Engage and Play" custom game button, Steam launches followed by Arma II!! Now I want to test the favorites to see if I can direct connect to particular servers since the in-game multiplayer screen doesn't support a favorites list (why?).

I ended up using the plain Arma2 one and pointing it to the steamapp/arma2 folder and it seems to work. My buddy still gets those errors but it seems to have worked for him too

I tried adding two servers under favorites then connecting - got "connection failed" errors. If I then jump to the MP list I can connect to the two servers from there, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Pings to the two servers from within DOW state that the servers are offline. Anyone else get favorites to work?

I post asking before release DoW Arma Launchpad if Steam is using same IDD for games in whole world or if is possible get a diferent ID, ever1 said is the samme.

Ok I will release a new version shortly with few changes including the option to fix default Steam ID, DoW launcher is using ID 33910 for Arma not 33900

While you wait the new version, you have 2 way for use this version

1. If you already have Steam running.

Set your profile as Custom Game and set the custom path to your Arma into steam directory \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe

The launcher and all parameters and addons will work but you need start Steam manualy before launch

2. For start Steam and Arma 2.

Set the profile as Custom and point in custo path to your Steam.exe

Then add in custom parameters this applaunch 33910 change 33910 for the correct id if you hace another

Add in custom parameters nosplash, world=empt and windows, this 3 hot parameters in check box will not work because are before the applaunch and steam will ignore it, if you add this common parameters as custom param after applaunch then will work fine, and you can select and unselect this params on the fly in the main windows like the checkboxs

NOTES:

* Dont need use "-" in the parameters, the launcher will use this before each params

* For get your Steam ID asigned for Arma2, make a shortcut of the game from Steam windows and check the command line for the ID number

******** IMPORTANT ********

Everyone getting Arma 2 ID wrong on Steam tell me here your game ID for Arma and your region, maybe is not same in some regions

Everyone getting dialog cut on Win7 please post a screenshot

Everyone getting other error plz copy the command line from test button or post an screenshot for check it

I will fix this in next version but I need know what and where are the bugs

--------------------------------------

Alex72 send me your proposal without logo, i will use my logo on anothers project

Rawhide send my info about how work the server name, i can add this option in next version but i dont know if work with same sintax of IP param, tell me an example please

Hi Blakord,

Thanks for the update and the workarounds.

My Steam ID for ARMA2 is: 33910

And for my Region. Do you mean country? Or is this another ID in Steam? I live in Canada.

Thanks for the Launcher. Anxiously awaiting the new version. :D

Edited by CID_Gen_Bondorf

Yes country or continent, I my ID is 33910 to and Im on EU, I wanna know why some guys have the ID 33900 and how many Steam ID we got

CID_Gen_Bondorf you have the same ID used on DoW Luncher, plz tell me your command line using the test button

Edited by Blakord

I am at work at the moment. But I will verify this evening when I get home. Maybe I was thinking the opposite this morning when I replied. (didn't have coffee in my system yet) ;)

Thanks,