Sign in to follow this  
arma2disapointed

viewdistance and other dissapointments

What do you think BIS should work on. One thing "usually" decrease the other.  

403 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think BIS should work on. One thing "usually" decrease the other.

• View and drawing distance. (realism)
    • Increasing units that can be on map simultaniusly (less lag)
    • Graphics improvement (look at this, amazing)
    • Physics improvment (could be penetration values)
    • Add more sliders, settings (able use of very old computers)

I want the ridiculous pop-in of trees when you zoom in and out on them to go away. The LOD scaling in this game is shocking.

They need to be either fully drawn all the time, or have less leaves (not going to happen). It's annoying and stupid that branches seem to magically appear and disappear for no reason.

I hate also how I can see enemies walking in a field but can't order my men to attack because they are out of range for spacebar to pick up.

I noticed that there's a weird bug when in third person view when you zoom in on shadows they flicker and when you zoom out the shadow changes for a split second and than goes back to the dynamic shadow.

I have my visibility set to 2000 but why do I see trees and little objects put up from only 2 feet from them?

I really want BIS to make FSAA, MSAA not so taxing on your GPU, without it I can get more than 20 frames per second added with it I cant even run the game on the lowest settings, same for the 3D Resolution please optimize your engine so We can all enjoy the beauty of ARMA2 at Playable frame rates.

I'm Hoping that 1.4 will be dedicated to this so I can at least get 30 frames on medium settings. :yay:

I hate also how I can see enemies walking in a field but can't order my men to attack because they are out of range for spacebar to pick up.

If they are out of range that means they are what, like 800-900 meters out? Without binoculars you wouldnt see if its friendly or foe. And thus you cant tell anyone to attack since you dont know. If you play a mission where you know everyone is enemies besides you - you cant excpect it to work just cause you know they are enemies.

If you are in that situation again - just tell your guys to move to that location. If they are indeed enemies - they will attack when in range. So its basically the same thing. Problem sorted.

As overall gameplaying is fine here (great graphics, AI intelligence, physics etc.) my preference is even more openess in terms of even more vast battles.

But I have to add that the Linux server and freetrack-support is even more important to me (links in my signature below).

i vote for physics engine improvement

i can live with 2 km viewdistance on my PC

but what is for me awaited is working penetration of materials and such basic military simulation things

viewdistance for 5 km is for me less important, but if someone plays airplanes, than i believe for him it is very important

15.000 to 20.000 meter view distance in Arma 2 with this graphics engine?

Look what Steel Beasts ProPE looks like which is capable of a view distance of about 4000-5000 meter without these graphics errors Arma 2 has to fought with. The graphics in Steel Beasts ProPe does not look that advanced like Arma 2 maybe but it is good for what it simulates, perfect engine for a tank simulation.

Arma 2 should have a graphics engine that is suitable for that kind of simulation what it pretend to be. The Arma 2 engine is good for a farmer simulation where you have to milk drugged cows, harvest your shiny corn fields or taking care of your chicks.

The engine of Arma 2 is not even capable of simulating realistc reflex/aimpoint sights at the moment, no realistc sound engine and more stuff that it should can for a simulation which want to simulate infrantry combat in a realistic way.

I would vote for a new engine.

Edited by Curry