Sign in to follow this  
Jackdaniels

Can someone from Bis comment on the FPS issue!!

Why doesn't someone from BIS comment on the issue of FPS? 20 FPS is a joke on a computer like mine. I have spent along time changing every single setting that I can think of, but I am still getting a crappy 20-24 FPS. Why produce a game that doesn't run on half of the computers it's suppose to run on? Just look at all the complaints in the forums and at least give some advice on this issue. My specs should be more then capable of running this game.

Motherboard: Asus crosshair

Cpu: Amd64 dual core 3.21 ghz

Ram: 4gb

Graphics Card Geforce 260 GTX

Windows: Vista 32Bit

Sound: Card Adigy Gamer

Edited by Jackdaniels

True .. lets hope they fix it in the next patch, mine seems to not go above aroung 35 in multiplayer and not above 45 to 55 in singleplayer and editor

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.1Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 674MHz. shader 1535MHz. mem 1247MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

your playing a game on vista?

Good luck with that.

Someones living in the past ^^

Vista can infact be faster than XP for gaming with the right rig :)

XP and Vista users grab your copy of Win7 for on the cheap before it ends in July!

Home Premium - $49.99

Professional - $99.99

Free shipping at Newegg.com

I'm currently using Windows 7 RC and haven't had a single problem so far...

Sorry to get off topic...

your playing a game on vista?

Good luck with that.

I was using Vista 64 for the last 2 years and I only had 3 games that gave me issues. First was CoD4, which it wasn't really the games fault it was Punkbusters, but that was solved eventually anyway. Second was the severe performance drop in ArmA (although still playable maxed out). Third is now ArmA 2, again with a massive performance drop. I switched back to XP just for this game, but if both ArmA games played fine on Vista I'd still be on that instead.

Long story short - ArmA 1 and 2 don't like Vista very much compared to XP.

Long story short - ArmA 1 and 2 don't like Vista very much compared to XP.

I tried XP myself, it was actually slower than on my Vista install!

However as a general "rule" with BIS games, XP's usually alot better than Vista - just hope that BIS patch it :/

I'm currently using Windows 7 RC and haven't had a single problem so far...

Sorry to get off topic...

You don't have a problem in windows 7 right? Well I tried it on windows 7, but could only play the game in a windows screen. I could never get it to play in a full screen unless I set the resolution to 1920 x 1200, and I know that resolution would be a killer so I gave up.

What resolution are you using in windows 7 and how did you get it to play in full screen? Also, what are your FPS and your settings? I have a Geforce 260 GTX with latest drivers for windows 7 and I still cannot get it to play on a lower resolution with a full screen. Can anyone help with this - Thanks!!

Edited by Jackdaniels

I tried XP myself, it was actually slower than on my Vista install!

However as a general "rule" with BIS games, XP's usually alot better than Vista - just hope that BIS patch it :/

Which graphics card do you have?

My FPS almost doubled from vista to xp..... Check arma2mark thread. There are many who have gained from using xp and it starting to look like only nvidia users so maybe nvidia drivers are the problem with vista.

Which graphics card do you have?

My FPS almost doubled from vista to xp..... Check arma2mark thread. There are many who have gained from using xp and it starting to look like only nvidia users so maybe nvidia drivers are the problem with vista.

Yeh I saw your arma mark and thats what made me install XP :)

Unfortunatly it didnt help me at all, my mark was around 2600 rather than 2900 :/

Im using a ATI 4870, so yes its proberbly more Nvidia than ATI on XP :)

I'd like to know what FPS BIS were getting using the optimal settings and every thing on normal with a few different screen sizes.

I've pretty much got what they recommend as optimal system spec.

It's not a issue, I have Vista 32 bit and got about 30 FPS on everything high

As I thought, no comment from Bis. It would seem the days of ofp are well and truly over. I look back then to when Bis would regularly help out with issues on these forums, but I suppose back then there wasn't a forum littered with complaints.

How on this earth do they expect people to play a game that has such low Fps? Surly Fps should be first priority when producing a game - Everyone knows that this is the most important factor in a game.

I just cannot see a magic patch comming along that will fix my Fps. :mad: I only hope Ofp2 isn't any near as bigger let down as this is.

Edited by Jackdaniels

You don't have a problem in windows 7 right? Well I tried it on windows 7, but could only play the game in a windows screen. I could never get it to play in a full screen unless I set the resolution to 1920 x 1200, and I know that resolution would be a killer so I gave up.

What resolution are you using in windows 7 and how did you get it to play in full screen? Also, what are your FPS and your settings? I have a Geforce 260 GTX with latest drivers for windows 7 and I still cannot get it to play on a lower resolution with a full screen. Can anyone help with this - Thanks!!

No problems here with W7.

GTX260/216core, Demo benchmark =27-29

GTX285 =29

@2560x1600 & 3D Fillrate 100% (2560x1600)

In game FPS runs from 25-60+

If I lower the Native Monitor res, the FPS goes down.

I have AA & PP disabled, others are High to Ver High, VD 2400.

In terms of "low fps", the game runs smooth even when mine goes down to 25.

As I thought, no comment from Bis. It would seem the days of ofp are well and truly over. I look back then to when Bis would regularly help out with issues on these forums, but I suppose back then there wasn't a forum littered with complaints.

Do you want them to work on the issue/s or sit around browsing/chatting in this forum?

I'm sure BIS do their best to identify, isolate and fix various ArmA II issues, some things just don't happens over a night or two! My advice is to calm down a bit and enjoy the summer :)

/KC

I only get this performance drops in Chernogorsk and Elektrogorsk. I mean, there isnt mouse lag like it usually is when you put settings too high, just small lags once in a while. Otherwise I have around 100FPS now.

Core 2 Quad Q9450

9800GTX

4GB RAM

Windows 7 RC x64

I only get this performance drops in Chernogorsk and Elektrogorsk. I mean, there isnt mouse lag like it usually is when you put settings too high, just small lags once in a while. Otherwise I have around 100FPS now.

Core 2 Quad Q9450

9800GTX

4GB RAM

Windows 7 RC x64

100FPS? nice...

Core 2 Quad Q9450

GTX285 OC

4GB RAM

Windows 7 RC x64

FPS ~30 in woods and 10 - 20 in towns

Do you want them to work on the issue/s or sit around browsing/chatting in this forum?

I'm sure BIS do their best to identify, isolate and fix various ArmA II issues, some things just don't happens over a night or two!

/KC

The reply above really had me "LMAO," it's that daft. Seriously dude, don't you think they have had plenty of time to get this spot on? They have had all the time from Armed Assault 1 to get this right, so don't give me this rubbish > "Some things just don't happens over a night or two." Most people think Armed Assault was just one big beta, so wouldn't you of thought Arma 2 would of come on leaps and bounds since then?

Edited by Jackdaniels

So if people post something which counteracts your claims about FPS issues you reply with a post attacking BIS? I'm sorry you're having FPS issues but as a number of people have clearly stated they have no such issues, so instead of slagging us and the game off why not stick to point and see what can be resolved?

I don't see any mention of which drivers you're using for example?

The reply above really had me "LMAO," it's that daft. Seriously dude, don't you think they have had plenty of time to get this spot on? They have had all the time from Armed Assault 1 to get this right, so don't give me this rubbish > "Some things just don't happens over a night or two." Most people think Armed Assault was just one big beta, so would'nt you of thought, Ama 2, would of come on leaps and bounds since then? Unfortunatly for alot of people "leaps and bounds" isn't the case with this second offering, it's actually taken a massive step backwards.

Please drop your attitude, it won't help you.

I agree that it would be better if OFP/ArmA/ArmA II (or any sim/game) worked without issue out-of-the-box requiring no/minor patching for everyone but as we know thats not the case.

But all the whining/nagging/whatever will not speed things up!

/KC

Placebo - This isn't only about me posting a complaint about Bis, there are a large number of posts about this issue already. So for everyone who counteracts my claim about FPS, there is also somebody who is having the same issues as me.

Also, I have not mentioned which driver I am using simply because I have tried all the obvious fixes before posting. I have tried all different drivers, all different settings, but like so many others have already mentioned, nothing seems to fix this issue. I also feel like the rest of the ones who are having the same issue, that it's is down to Bis to do the fixing here.

Keycat - This is a forum and this thread is under "Troubleshooting," so lose the silly comments like "whining/nagging." If people are experiancing problems they have every right to post here without the funny remarks. Bully for you if you are not having any issues, but this thread is for people who are.

Edited by Jackdaniels

Hey Jack, I know you've said you tried everything but for research purposes, could you tell me what OS you are running (including 32 or 64 bit) and if you've tried any other O/S, as well as any other details you can give me?

Keycat - This is a forum and this thread is under "troubleshooting," so don't use your silly comments like "whining/nagging." If people are experiancing problems they have every right to post here without funny remarks.

I agree with you again but there is a difference in how some people report their problems!

The only way to actually help BIS is to provide as much relevant information as possible about your problem combined with information about OS/hardware/drivers/etc.

If it is a gameplay/AI issue then providing them with a simple testmission and a brief explanation so they can reproduce the issue on their end (including the AI/skill settings in your x.ArmA2Profile and slider in editor).

/KC