Sign in to follow this  
mattyh1986

How Satisfied with Arma2 Are you??

How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?  

1194 members have voted

1. 1. How Satisfied with ARMA2 are you!?

• Extremely , Awesome game! no problems what so every
    • Good game, Some problems ive managed to over come now running smooth
    • Some problems but I just deal with it and get on, game is still enjoyable
    • Love the game but problem are sucking the fun from it
    • Completely unplayable, want my money back, desperatly need patches!
    • Given up will never buy BIS products again.

Before I hit the multiplayer part of Arma 2 it was a good single player game with a bugged campaign for me. Since I'm playing online, Arma 2 turned into a fascinating and totally addicting millitary simulation that's causing troubles ... my girlfriend doesn't understand :681:

Thanks for Arma 2 :)

I am not at all bias ... but I can't deny I fear your girlfriend ... might get a dragon rising then? :eek:

People who are saying this game runs smooth either coincidently have the perfect system and balance or just do not know much about the technical side of things like fps and so on. Although to some people 30 fps might consider to be "smooth" to some, but 30 fps is gaming hell for me I need to be at least about 45 fps minimum.

People who are saying this game runs smooth either coincidently have the perfect system and balance or just do not know much about the technical side of things like fps and so on. Although to some people 30 fps might consider to be "smooth" to some, but 30 fps is gaming hell for me I need to be at least about 45 fps minimum.

Oh, so if we think 30 FPS is playable we "don't know much about the technical side of things"?

There are plenty of people who have the game running well on average machines and the fact that all you care about seems to be FPS indicates you are the one who doesn't "know much about the technical side of things".

Little yellow numbers determine your enjoyment of any given game? How sad :rolleyes:

Mmm ... that indeed explains a lot .... might even make my Intel-sucks-thesis be a failure .... :o

Above 25 fps I am absolutely happy.

Even in "corridor"-teamdeathmatches or other DMs ...

But before another fraps-war comes up:

I somewhere read that this is indeed very individual feeling, i.e. persons differ a lot about what fraps are sufficient for biological or mental reasons - I don't remember. Maybe my brain works slow enough .. ;-)

EDIT: Please don't refer to the herbals like being those from certain plants. My last cannabis experience is about a ... ... 12 yrs .. or so .. old. ;-)

Edited by Herbal Influence

The campaigns first mission being stuck if it times out is unforgivable. (thanks shiftminus endmission (or whatever it was))

CTD in online multiplayers come on! no way acceptable.

that said the graphics are a challenge!

Requires a heck of a lot of tweaking.

since a movie on at a theatre runs at about 25 to 30 fps and given your screen refresh rate is over 70Hz this game should look and play very very well.

So the pauses may be related to a tight combination of Graphics and Memory use and background stuff on your PC

it appears to me the limitations to graphics are linked very much to what is going on on the desktop of your windows machine. when i lower setings on desktop Arma2 allows better playability.

Also Gamebooster a free proggy that can selectively shutdown background tasks is VERY good at giving my processor (a Dual core Athx64) lots of free time. making urban encounters very much fun.

Keep trying BI and users the potential is right here for an awesome game..

The campaigns first mission being stuck if it times out is unforgivable. (thanks shiftminus endmission (or whatever it was))

CTD in online multiplayers come on! no way acceptable.

that said the graphics are a challenge!

Requires a heck of a lot of tweaking.

since a movie on at a theatre runs at about 25 to 30 fps and given your screen refresh rate is over 70Hz this game should look and play very very well.

So the pauses may be related to a tight combination of Graphics and Memory use and background stuff on your PC

it appears to me the limitations to graphics are linked very much to what is going on on the desktop of your windows machine. when i lower setings on desktop Arma2 allows better playability.

Also Gamebooster a free proggy that can selectively shutdown background tasks is VERY good at giving my processor (a Dual core Athx64) lots of free time. making urban encounters very much fun.

Keep trying BI and users the potential is right here for an awesome game..

Did you do all upgrades?

You may install the latest beta too.

Just a hint because it runs so fine here.

I love this game!

My only criticism is that the single player campaign is very poor. Even when you ignore the bugs and things, it's just not very good. You can't ride bikes, drive tanks, fly choppers, fly jets, drive boats, etc..

Luckily the player made missions and the multiplayer help make up for that. I find the scope of this game to be enormous and that really amazes me.

For the future, I would like to see tweaks to fix the way buildings lose their textures and then reload them, and also how trees and foliage changes as you approach. I would also like to see a new continent with some different environments. And I really want a great campaign, although I'm hoping I will be able to find a player made one to do that for me.

Edited by telo

My biggest complaint atm is the net code. Pings and desynch are very poor compared to other games with dedicated servers (in my experience at least) but I really enjoy it and it runs rather well on my system.

My only major problem is that my friends either don't own it yet or don't have time to play. Most of them being from Australia (I'm in the US) is a hindrance as far as pings go and since I am already a member of a 'squad' from another game it would be somewhat of a betrayal to get involved with a different one here. Especially as I am responsible for administrative tasks for my existing group. The fact that it is the major downside to this game speaks volumes for me as I'm a picky fella. Great game.

how satisfied with comparison to what ?

A2 is better than A1 (specially explosion effects, moving ability)

but i had bigger expectation when it comes to realism

but of course it is better than A1

I'm tired to post specs, tired to try every single tweak during hours, tired to believe BIS is working one the "receiving screen"...

Still no answer from BIS, no way to fix it ! Useless patches, useless hope.

I played thousands hours to OFP and Arma I, this one doesn't deserve even to be called "beta"...

I can play this kind of game with 20fps, happy as a child. But the video memory management is absolutely crappy (this **** "receiving screen"), and nothing is done to improve it, after many patches, great support guys :O

Simple, the work performed by ACE team on Arma I is more precise and more professional than this joke.

How satisfied am I with Arma 2 ? Easy to guess.

I still like the game. But I am not real impressed with how work is going great guns on an xpack when alot more work needs to be done for performance and bug fixes. However, if I saw regular patch updates, this would be something at least.

An incredible masterpiece game from Bohemia Interactive :)

But maybe BI can make the AI much more clever ?:(

If u r a military enthusiastic ? Then playing this game is a MUST !!!:D

I still like the game. But I am not real impressed with how work is going great guns on an xpack when alot more work needs to be done for performance and bug fixes. However, if I saw regular patch updates, this would be something at least.

Don't worry, the team that creates the patches and debugs has nothing to do with making the expansion (Xpack), as for regular patches, check the beta section. There's regular betas being released to test before releasing the complete patches.

this is a love hate relationship. i love bohemia for having the balls to push pc hardware to the max, and not selling out with arma by dumbing it down so it cud function on the xbox/ps platorms. in this they have rewarded the pc users dedication. whilst initally i was very critical of bohemia, and i stand by what i said back then, that the game was NOT ready for release, i do feel that the patches have fixed a hell of a lot, and single player is now enjoyable, without the game bugging to a not progressable point every 2 mins.

i am however sorely dissapointed at the selling of the flashpoint franchise, and now its on xbox, the game is dead in the water, dragon rising is a total insult to the history of flashpoint, which was, in in some ways still is, one of the best games ever made, period. but thats a little off topic.

i dont think the heavy scripting works very well for multiplayer, and i would like to see them try to seperate the single player and multiplayer sides of the game, making the multiplayer a little more arcadey, more fire and forget. but apart rom the crappy server lag , bad sync issues, and heavy scripting, this is still, the best true clan based, serious gamer first person third person game in exsistance of the genre.

there is one thing i think they missed out on in this game. flashpoint, the ancestor of this game, was a lot more free roaming, with more access to a variety of vehicles. if it moved, you cud drive it, it it shot, you cud shoot it, and if you cud survive, you cud get to it. in arma 2, your a lot more restricted, with a lot of vehicles being damaged, unarmed, out of fuel, or just not having vehicles there. although i love in multipolayer the veriety. in single player is just not there. no jets to have fun with, no russian gunships, just no variety.

i can understand bohemia's point of view, they wanted to push the envelope of both realism and performance, and in this objective they where certainly succesful. kudoz to you guys, but do try to bear in mind, that it is a game, not real life, and when pushing the envelope, keeping in mind the gamer occasionly likes to step back from all out brutally real warfare, and enjoy getting into a a-10 tank killer, or an russian hind, and blowing the smegging hell out of some slag scum, not becoz it achieves a given objective, but just becoz they are there, and youve got weapons, and it feels soooooooo good to blow the crap out of slag fools! lol xD

thanks for all the hard work, the improvements to come, and for pushing the envelope to the max, while other fools sell out to the soul destroying, market monopolising, sons o' %%^$ over at microsoft.

p.s, i noticed some ppl say that they will think twice about buying games from you in future, but i for one, will continue to support you, in an effort to keep the one company truely taking graphics, gameplay, and the use of available hardware to a level other games developers are afraid to touch. activision, codemasters, Ubisoft and so many more should be looking back over thier shoulder at you, to see what it was liek to truely give a £$%^ about the end user, and wheather a game will truely be good, or weather the teaser trailer will shift enough copies, before people actually play it, and realise its total and utter rubbish!

P.p.s. if your playing this game, and your fps is low, and your graphics are bad, and the games playing all slow, theres soemthing wrg with your system, or its just not up to running the game. becoz i can assure you, it is the most stunningly beautiful visual experience on my comp, and plays like a dream.

system specs:

amd phenom quad 3,4ghz black edition

4 gigs ddr 3 1066mhz

sapphire radeon hd4890 2gig vapour-x edition

160 gig solid state hard drive

logitech g19 gamer keyboard

logitech g9 gamer mouse

Edited by Evil_sob

this is a love hate relationship. i love bohemia for having the balls to push pc hardware to the max, and not selling out with arma by dumbing it down so it cud function on the xbox/ps platorms. in this they have rewarded the pc users dedication.

Thats some great reward... a bugged game that runs like crap.

I'd love them for pushing PC hardware to the max, if the requirements were justified by significant technical improvements in gameplay and simulation, instead of Armed Assault under a new coat of shadders.. struggling to simulate high polygon trees and bushes with the most horrific lod system yet.

OFP:Elite runs well on a crappy old xbox... for what it brings over Armed Assault A2 shouldnt run bad on a modern PC, driving a car should no longer feel like driving a boat either..

Im not satisfied with the overall quality of the game, and i seriously hope Arrowhead will be much better all around.

i have to say, if you like 95% of us (even here) dont have a truly top of the line gfx card, you have not witnessed this engine in its glory. just to see what its capable of i opened up my ati CCC, turned AAA on to quality setting, AA to edge detect, & turned the AA in-game to high (all other settings very high). wow. naturally i got about 3 fps and it was totally unplayable, probably wont be with a 5870 either. but man, it is the most gorgeous game i think i have ever seen, definitely so given its scale and depth. incredible.

Completely unplayable, want my money back, desperatly need patches!

I dunno why i vote this one, but I love this game.

Maybe the game performance optimization, or im a whiny?

Maybe Im Wrong?.... its a future game?

1)mouse lag issue below 60fps

2)black screen receiving.. with DDR2 vid cards

comon !! we need a performance patch!

Edited by Hker

I am extremely satisfied with arma 2. That is after I spend many hours investigating how the game works, and tweaking the game. I expect that there are many players that just gave up on the game before finding out how to get it to run smoothly on their machines. What I think Bi should do is come out with their own tweak guide and put it on their main site. I think that would really help alot of people. Maybe include one in a pdf, or in the manual of Operation Arrowhead. It doesn't have to show badly on them either, as they could just write a preface about how complex this simulator is.

I have all BIS products. They are great, but you have to buy them at least 18 months after they are out in the shops.

Since then.. play Flashpoint

I have all BIS products. They are great, but you have to buy them at least 18 months after they are out in the shops.

Since then.. play Flashpoint

I'd say 6 months if you can afford it.. but yeah... a year of waiting gets better results.

It's just the BIS games are ahead of our time.

GAMES OF THE FUTURE!

When I got the demo, the game was artifacting like crazy (every 30 seconds). I played with the in game settings, as well as CCC (ATI 4850), and got the artifacting to stop.

When I bought the game, it worked fine for about three weeks. No artifacting at all during that time. Eventually, I started to get artifacts again and eventually 2 BSOD. After seeing BSODs, I reinstalled my video driver.

Now, the BSODs are gone, but I get massive artifacts about every 1 - 2 minutes, as well as frame rates of 10 - 20. For me, the game is nearly unplayable. I also not that I get a major FPS drop and pieces of shadow everywhere (seen in 1983ginger123 video) right before massive artifacting.

Here are two videos that I did not make that show my problem exactly.

wfGea5Bl5I0

(made by 1983ginger123) (also known as "Ginger Mcale" on these forums)

1SitcAf48zA

(made by redlike)

Here are my Specs.

ATI radeon HD 4850 (Is at Version 9.9)

XP Service pack 3

3070MB RAM

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz (If this helps) (64 bit)

There is also a 75 page long thread here about video issues with ATI video cards. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73235

And another Poll thread here which is called "Artefacts and Graphic Bugs till crash Poll". http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=86688 This one is like the other thread execpt it is for Nvidea cards. Same issues though.

Its really sad that the engine in Arma2 suck so much as i do. I Mean, i love the game but its filled with bugs and shooth gameplay is non existent. Even with my rig, i have to set setting to normal to make the game playable in towns (out in the open is ok with high setting). But even then, with a FPS around 40-60, i still have some stuttering. Must be the loading of environment.

Indoor movment and fighting is a joke. I went up some stairs, and i couldnt turn around. Have to back up.

BI made a realy good game on a really bad engine.

Processor: Intel Coreâ„¢ i7 Quad Processor i7-860

Memory: 4094MB RAM DDR3

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar® GreenPower™ 1TB

Video Card: ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5870 graphics 1GB

Monitor: 24" @1920*1080

Have to mention OPF: DR here. There is a game that have done the opposite. Made a medicore game on a good engine. The movment and gameplay is smooth, but everything else is kind of boring.

Armas gameplay and possibilitys combined with OFP:DR engine would make the perfect game. Well, atleast i can dream!

Ya... when you take something from 1999 (OFP) and just marginally build upon it (Arma 1) and then do some minor upgrades (Arma 2) you're bound to get issues that get carried over from older versions. But that's just my complaint with BIS' use of an antiquated process/engine.

The graphics glitches that are in those YouTube videos look like possible GPU overheating issues? Could that be the case?

I have other problems myself more related to LOD and texture loading which is entirely a problem with Arma not being able to address memory at or above 8GB properly. (The issue of which is STILL not fixed properly)

no we 8 gig ppl still have to enter the -winxp tag and i read here that slows down performance

fortunately you can do the texture stuff manually with ramdisk

these results show very well the situation.....