Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

...edit: right up until the point where they sent me an email telling my my RMA had been denied...

Major bummer, worth pursuing further though, you should be entitled to a replament. I had to RMA my MSI 8800 a little while back after 2 years of service and I never registered anything.

Yeah, I know it was just a coincidence but I was venting. ;)

EVGA was actually quite on the ball with their tech support. I was impressed. My 8800gts was also registered with a lifetime warranty, so I'm in the RMA process. I was also very impressed with the ease of their RMA system.

edit: right up until the point where they sent me an email telling my my RMA had been denied

It seems that although my name, date of purchase, product ID and serial number were all in the system automatically....they don't list me as actually having registered the product.

That's a real shame, but I guess that how ATI stays in business.

This is a large shot in the dark mate but have you tried flashing your GPU bios?

I had a simular problem back in the GF6 days and I flashed the cards bios and it actually fixed the problem.

PM me if you are interested and I'll send you the links and help you out with all the information I know :o

Actually, my first contact with EVGA tech support was asking about getting the re-flash for the firmware. Somehow we got sidetracked in other troubleshooting modes and then the RMA. But I have inquired again about the flash.

I just upgraded to 8 gig of ram ..now my video is screwed...tried the -winxp ...it works but .why did i buy more ram??

Will there be a fix soon??

Processor: Intel®Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz

Memory: 8.00 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS 512mb DDR3

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I just upgraded to 8 gig of ram ..now my video is screwed...tried the -winxp ...it works but .why did i buy more ram??

Will there be a fix soon??

Processor: Intel®Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz

Memory: 8.00 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS 512mb DDR3

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

RAM makes little to no difference past a certain point in games. Games are coded in 32bit and unless they're 64bit capable they just won't use all that extra RAM you have (32bit addressed 4GB physically, MAX. That included GPU RAM). It'll be going to waste or being used by the OS and other background processes. The biggest improvement in gaming performance usually comes from a faster CPU and hard drive, assuming you have a decent GPU, which you do. It's not the best but it's far from crap, just a little old (I have the same card).

People often overlook the hard drive when they make systems. It's always going to be the bottleneck in current systems even with SSD's untill they come up with a much faster interface for them (look up Light Peak, few years off but looks promising).

hey madus although what you say is true performance shouldnt get worse he needs a fix to the "video issues" he is now having that he didnt have before.

Had to revert to 186.18 drivers from 191.07. Was getting graphics corruption leading to ctd. Texture loading times still a little laggy.

i7 920, 6GB ram

SLIx2 gtx285 1GB ram

Vista Ultimate 64

Edited by Mr.Peanut

I have downloaded the demo through Steam. I have searched this forum and others to determine if the demo and the full version game can be run with a SLI rig. I'm running 2-GTX 260's, 191.07 drivers plus the latest EVGA SLI enhancement patch for the 191.07 drivers. I'm also running Win 7 64 bit build 7100. I will soon be running the full version of Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

I can get the demo to run with SLI disabled,:) but it will not run at all with SLI enabled.:confused: I would rather utilize both cards.:D I have tried the launch line commands and still cannot get it to run with SLI.:confused:

Anyone out there get the demo and the full game to run using SLI? If so, how did you do it and what operating system are you running?

Thanks. :thumb:

afaik the latest drivers should already include the SLI patch (profile) for ARMA 2 so there is no point to install EVGA sli enhacement patch

afaik the latest drivers should already include the SLI patch (profile) for ARMA 2 so there is no point to install EVGA sli enhacement patch

That's what I had assumed and I had tried to run Arma2 without the latest sli optimization patch after installing the 191.07 drivers. However the game did not run in sli either with or without the patch. I was hoping that I had missed something that might enable the game to run in sli. I have even tried the old standby of renaming the .exe file to get another sli profile to load. I used crysis and fear, still go. Seems sli and arma2 is a no go.

Um, did you enable SLI(and disable PhysX) in the NVidia control panel? Not talking down to you, but I have to ask. SLI indicators enabled? Do you see a profile for ArmA2 (demo)?

Thanks for this thread! Although I was having no problems before, the latest Nvida drivers did give me a bump in frame rate and smoothness. My settings are all high to maxed out now.

Rig:

CPU=Q6600 OC 2.8ghz

MB=EVGA 780i Sli

VID=GeForce 8800GTX

MEM=OZC gold 8gig quad kit

HD=Raptor

OS=vista 64bit

Edited by RodeoX

Um, did you enable SLI(and disable PhysX) in the NVidia control panel? Not talking down to you, but I have to ask. SLI indicators enabled? Do you see a profile for ArmA2 (demo)?

Yep, done all that too. What operating system you running? I'm running win 7 64 bit build 7100. That could be mt problem as well. I tried compatibility mode, the game just will not run.

By not running, I mean it crashes straight to desktop after loading or just graphically corrupts to multi-colored snow. I'm coming to the conclusion that running ARMA2 in SLI mode is kind of hit or miss.

EDIT::redface: This was special.....been a while since I had set-up an sli rig. I switched the monitor cable on the master card to the divi farthest from the motherboard and lo and behold!! ARMA2 demo ran with no crashes or screen corruption. :yay::yay:

I didn't think it mattered which divi you plugged the monitor into as long as you plugged into the master card. I guess it does matter. Any how, I got it running as long as I use the nVidia predefined sli profile. Trying to force AFR2 is a no go.

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Sailindawg

Not having any luck. . . .

System specs:

CPU=i7 920 2.66ghz

MB=Asus P6T

VID=GeForce BFG GTX 295 1795

MEM=Corsair 8gig

HD=Raptor 150Gb in RAID

OS=Windows 7 64bit

Have read through many, many forums. . . . Can't find anything to work. Running 191.07 nvidia drivers. Slow FPS, flickering textures, and no textures but showing low quality models.

Any help?

"why did i buy more ram"

Havent you guys seen the RAMDISK option yet? With 8 or 12GB ram you can load up the essential PBO's into ram using that program resulting in much less micro stutter wich is made by too slow HD's for this game. Check videos and such - people are flying forward.

Also specs like above there is videos on youtube showing amazing performance with those systems. Must be something you forgot or missed out. Hope you get it sorted though.

8GB ram not using RAMDISK i think you need the -winxp command? To remove unloaded textures. Not 100% sure though. Im not blessed with that kind of monster rig yet. :)

System specs:

CPU=i7 920 2.66ghz

MB=Asus P6T

MEM=Corsair 8gig

HD=Raptor 150Gb in RAID

OS=Windows 7 64bit

Have read through many, many forums. . . . Can't find anything to work. Running 191.07 nvidia drivers. Slow FPS, flickering textures, and no textures but showing low quality models.

Any help?

Just curious but how did you end up with 8GB? DDR3 on a X58 Board right(ie 3 sticks at a time?). .

Also try the -cpucount=4 switch and if that doesn't help then disable HT in the BIOS.

If you have more than one physical HDD then put your page file on a disk other than the one A2 is on.

Definitely look into RAM Disk if you have memory to spare.

Good Luck

Edited by Akilez

I installed 4 2Gb 1333 DDR3 sticks. 3 sticks are running in triple channel, and 1 stick is a loner.

"why did i buy more ram"

Havent you guys seen the RAMDISK option yet?:)

Thank you.

Read here

Sounds pretty cool. Win 7 supports symbolic links, but this is much easier way to use it. I also found a free RAMDISK software program.

I may reinstall some extra RAM and give this a try.

Edited by Sailindawg

System specs:

CPU=i7 920 2.66ghz

MB=Asus P6T

MEM=Corsair 8gig

HD=Raptor 150Gb in RAID

OS=Windows 7 64bit

Any help?

Revert to 186.18 drivers.

Coincidence?

My beloved 8800GTS is dead. Never oc'ed. Always stable. Ran ArmA2 since the release date in June. Practically flawless.

The other night I updated to the 191.07 drivers.

Rebooted.

Launched ArmA.

Launched Domination on LAN.

Opened the teleport menu.

Lockup.

Hard re-boot....and garbled characters at the boot screens.

Windows won't load with the video drivers installed.

I cleaned the drivers out (CleanSweep, yada-yada). Same issue. Popped in a backup drive. Same issue. Even with no drive connected at all, the boot screens are messed up.

I re-flashed the mobo, cleared the CMOS, re-loaded all the chipset drivers. No joy.

Pulled the card and took it to a shop to bench. Guy said it's history.

Maybe just coincidence but I wish I had never tried those 191.07 drivers........

I have 8800Ultra 768mb in SLI, this driver version has done nothing but give me heartache, crash to desktop from ARMA randomly, backed up to previous driver no issues other than the stinking Flashing when moving from Editor to Preview which has been present for the last few drivers.

Nvidea has new drivers as of the 30th of october 195.39 beta

im about to give them a try see if i still crash

Hi all

there is my seeting:

language="Czech";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=93750;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
Resolution_W=1680;
Resolution_H=1050;
refresh=60;
Render_W=1680;
Render_H=1050;
FSAA=2;
postFX=0;
HDRPrecision=8;
lastDeviceId="";
localVRAM=922091520;
nonlocalVRAM=1878257664;
GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=2;

Any idea what change? or how boost FPS ???

Beta patch never worked for me, The screen went all fuzzy like when u used to use a battary operated toy infront of an inside airel went back to the 191.07's

Im confues on 4b. " adjust renderahead in arma2.cf" I wen to the ArmA2.cfg and all i have is:

" language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1440;

Resolution_H=900;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1440;

Render_H=900;

FSAA=1;

postFX=1;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1056636928;

nonlocalVRAM=1878552576; "

No renderahead option. However i did set frame render ahead to 8 in nvidia control panel as i had read in an armaholic thread. Am i good to go or not?