Sign in to follow this  
hoak

ArmA II is #1!

Really hope the game continues to sell well, obviously more sales gives us more chance of expansions/sequels etc. Hopefully it will remind some of the devs/publishers out there that there is still a market for proper PC games like Arma 2, you know, games that reward the time and effort the player puts into them.

Long live BI! :)

If BIS did A2 to catering it wider range of gamers making game more customizable to difference audiences it would sell much more even than it does now. Dont take anything out, add more options and gameplay ways to everybody enjoy it the way they like.

anyone know what the total number of copy's sold is of this game? close to a million?

I'd like to know this too. Is there any way to find out besides hoping that BIS will publish some numbers?

anyone know what the total number of copy's sold is of this game? close to a million?

I think it's a little too early for a game like ARMA to reach a million.

I guess they get enought cash to purchase now some brand ne physics engine and hire much more programmers to next projects. Maybe some of work should be outsourced to get the work be done much quicker.

Whit bigger percentage royalty from the sales they will surely make much more money from single unit than by selling same amount of OFP games, Perhaps new studio location? or at least new department of developing. Developing take much further amount of men power this days to making final product as much complete as possible so expansion is needed.

Keep though our PC community in primary, but there is plenty of money to be made in combining so many other gametypes such of hunting/submarine/navy/tank sims in to one product not to separated games, which hasnt been so much done in few years and expanding the business model .

As it was said in 2001 the potential is just been there but reason or others, perhaps by not the most calculated/evaluated business choices they havent yet reached that point, that some of us have seen it been possible to get.

Edited by arma2mods

I guess they get enought cash to purchase now some brand ne physics engine and hire much more programmers to next projects. Maybe some of work should be outsourced to get the work be done much quicker.

Whit bigger percentage royalty from the sales they will surely make much more money from single unit than by selling same amount of OFP games, Perhaps new studio location? or at least new department of developing. Developing take much further amount of men power this days to making final product as much complete as possible so expansion is needed.

Keep though our PC community in primary, but there is plenty of money to be made in combining so many other gametypes such of hunting/submarine/navy/tank sims in to one product not to separated games, which hasnt been so much done in few years and expanding the business model .

As it was said in 2001 the potential is just been there but reason or others, perhaps by not the most calculated/evaluated business choices they havent yet reached that point, that some of us have seen it been possible to get.

well i am hoping BIS dont end up like dice and totally ignore us pc users by using there now built up funds and reputation to focus on the console crowd instead.

Well ArmA II has held its #1 position for a THRID day; I think that is or is at least approaching a record for a non-Valve title.

:)

Well deserved, its a kick ass game. :cool:

Wow, nice to see you over here on the Arma forums mate, your a bit of a legend at the old gta forums arn't you :D

Just out of curiosity I checked one of the largest games distributor here in Sweden and found that ArmA II is sold out there as well and it's on second place in Top 20, just behind WoW :)

1. WoW 60 Days Game Time Code (?????? doesn't count IMO)

2. ArmA II

3. Sims 3

Source: http://www.webhallen.com/topp.php?avd=1&konsol=5&genre=334

Albiet small in numbers it seems like the Swede's are moving in the right direction, summertime and all :D

Edit: Ohh just realized #1 is a "WoW 60 Days Game Time Code" something so IMO that doesn't count!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Day 4, and ArmA II is still #1 on Steam Sales; oh my!

:eek:

This is great news for 'lovers of all-things-milsims'.

Up the interest-ups the demand-ups the development and competition-ups the quality= win for all us milsim fans!

I'd like to know this too. Is there any way to find out besides hoping that BIS will publish some numbers?

OFP was a huge hit in 2001 and I think total number of sold copies was ~1 million world wide.

OFP was a huge hit in 2001 and I think total number of sold copies was ~1 million world wide.

Would be great to know exact numbers to every unit sold to OFP version,RH, resistance expansion too xb elite and arma 1/2.

BIS could sell something else alongisde whit their games whit this ability to attract buyers. Howabout some Ice Cream in summer warm, They self made aerobic exercise guide DVD etc..

Yeah hope that will spend all profit (if there is any) to long time patching to both ArmAs and futher development next instalment whit all killer features.

We want much more still. Though this is fine start.

Edited by arma2mods
s

Would be cool to have the sales numbers to tell friends so we can brag about how awesome arma 2 sold :D

Not sure if its been pointed out already, but it's No. 2 on Play.com after the Sims 3, and was the No. 1 preorder game in the week leading up the release.

Yup, topping the Steam charts at #1 for four days straight is one thing, but corroboration that it's a top seller elsewhere is a pretty good indication that the TR crowd have been starved for more and were ready.

Let's hope it continues, I for one feel there are far too many Counter-Strike derivative games, and too many games with little more then a realism paint job -- and for serious realism we have, so far, only one company to turn to...

Hopefully BI does really well assuring themselves a strong place in the market indefinately! I also hope there will be some strong competition to make sure they don't get too rich, fat and lazy.

More variety, i.e. actually having more then one serious realism game to enjoy would also take off some of the pressure and expectation that one game has to deliver everything everyone wants from this genra. One look at these fourms shows a 'pet wish' list that no team working 24/7 and all the mod talent in the world could deliver on one platform in lifetime!

:)

Are you kidding? Fat and lazy? After all that work, Suma's mouse arm probably looks like Arnold Schwarzeneggers when he was 20. All the coders can probably poke their fingers through oak boards better than Shaolin monks from all the keyboarding they've done.. Pffft. fat and lazy.. Harumph! :rolleyes::p

Now the too rich, they can have..

And Leopardi does it again.. Man I have to think you've got a chart of the threads and figure a way to slip that comment in every one. 'Fanboyism at it's best.' How about ' "Whinging until I get what I want" at its best'.

Edited by Scrub

Over 3 million by 2007 or 2008. Will not be even half of that, solely because ARMA 2 has mouse smoothing which was not in OFP.

And some of my friends got mouse lag gone with turning OFF the Enhanced Mouse Pointer option in windows control panel.

And even though many complain about it i think many have too slow pc, and many arent used to the non-direct-BF2-crap handling wich is ultra uber fast. ARMA2 you have some weight and gravity in your movements.

And some can fix if they have heavy mouse lag not cause by bad pc or thinking it should be like BF2 with what i said above. If nothing of that helps and it still have mouse lag i cant other than think its something wrong in the players end. Cause i never had mouse lag in that sense ive seen in videos. Then again i always had HID mouse wich somehow seems to be a good thing as there is no lag with any of the ones i know that have the same. Maybe many play with old mouses?

Alex

And even though many complain about it i think many have too slow pc, and many arent used to the non-direct-BF2-crap handling wich is ultra uber fast. ARMA2 you have some weight and gravity in your movements.

Fanboyism at it's best. Mouse smoothing is not weight and gravity for your movements, you get the same drifting effect with a 100kg tube as you do with a pistol in the game. And suddenly this "weight and gravity" flies right out of the window when you hit high FPS readings above 100? huh.

ArmA 2 would be #1 without this bug, it's a shame BIS don't realize it.

Edited by Leopardi