Sign in to follow this  
muttly

NV goggles fix please

Hi all whats up with nV goggles they dont work i cant see nothing but black screen at night mostly. I remember in ace u could toggle some thing called nv auto enabler or some thing like that which fixed the problem cant belive Bis did nt put this in. The games ruined for me at night i cant see shit .

We need whole screen NV. I'm sure in A1 someone had made that mod.

Anyone ?

already done

just need to wait for the event handler addon to be released - which should be within a few days

We need whole screen NV. I'm sure in A1 someone had made that mod.

Anyone ?

Actually I would prefer an even narrower circle for NVg's - And some more effects to degrade their effectiveness. But first however I'd like to be able to zoom in on things without everything but the stars growing dark.

I think we need narrower NVG's and instead of it being fullscreen, with a black border, the border should just be what it would look like without NVG's in those areas...

Ok i thought, why not release it for those who actually would like to have a full screen NVG?

Note: Its works for ArmA1, since i don't have ArmA2 i can't test it.

Here it is: fullnvgoggles.pbo

I think we need narrower NVG's and instead of it being fullscreen, with a black border, the border should just be what it would look like without NVG's in those areas...

If you post a picture example i might do it as well.

edit: If it works on ArmA2, take a pic, post it here and mirror the file if you see its worth.

Edited by bravo 6

Yes it does work full screen!

Nice one Bravo6.

NVArmA2.jpg

Edited by ck-claw

I like the full screen version. Sod realism. If it was realistic I wouldn't be seeing balloons for pinpricks of light :)

Good work mate.

Ive taken a better screenshot bravo6 from DCS : Black Shark.

Would be nice if you were able to get the NVG's looking like this, with the transparent border where the goggles arent covering. And have it a bit grainy or with the sort of layers you can see on it. Would really like you or someone else who sees this to work on it. I'm sure a lot of people would like this kind of NVGs :)

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk93/andybc08/dcs2009-07-1100-51-06-18.jpg

arma does not support render-to-texture, so that effect cannot be reproduced

or perhaps theoretically could, but would cause very significant slowdown, incompatibilities and be ridiculously hard to do :)

arma does not support render-to-texture, so that effect cannot be reproduced

or perhaps theoretically could, but would cause very significant slowdown, incompatibilities and be ridiculously hard to do :)

But surely u would just make the black border transparent...no?

well, yes, but then it would look like nightvision inside the border does

there's no way to apply one effect on one part of the screen and another on a different part

it's always one or the other

that question did give me an idea though on something i need to investigate

I seem to remember being able to adjust the GAIN on NVG's in Arma, or maybe it was ofp. Anyway, I hate the NVG's as they are now they work perfect at times and at other times are too dark.

I seem to remember being able to adjust the GAIN on NVG's in Arma, or maybe it was ofp. Anyway, I hate the NVG's as they are now they work perfect at times and at other times are too dark.

Can do it both manually or automatically in ACE for ArmA, and ACE2 is on the horizon :)

here

ace1 used same code - ace2 probably aswell

It was the exact same problem in arma 1.

Sure there's a mod that fix this problem but it generates some bugs in the sp campaign as well.

Hope they'll do something about that because it kills the fun in night ops.

mine shouldn't

any addon that doesn't use extended eventhandlers (like GDTmod) is going to have trouble with the game and other addons

the problem remains to this day. just yesterday, entire server of 30 something vacated when the map turned dark. you couldn't see shit.

also, dc blackshark's nightvision is more realistic. the narrow, cycloptic nv on the previous page is a single eyed nvg. why does everyone think looking through a scope or goggle, there should be a huge black border around the viewing area? it would more or less be full screen with a black tint at the corners because your eyes are so close to the lens.