Sign in to follow this  
dracflamloc

ArmALaunch - Mod launcher for Arma 1/2

Okay how do I actually add mods to Arma 2 using this tool? I tried dragging and dropping mods into the window but that didn't work...

quick question, can this be used with the Steam version?

edit: i just tried it out with the arma2 demo (don't have the retail copy yet). i used the -no splash parameter to test it out. yup, it seems to work.

Edited by acadiancrusader

Okay how do I actually add mods to Arma 2 using this tool? I tried dragging and dropping mods into the window but that didn't work...

You didnt bother looking through the 3 pages of this thread?

This is my post on the previous page: HOW TO LAUNCHER

Where your mods show up in the right window it has a button under it hasnt it? Very simple.

Alex

No trust me, I read all 3 pages. Sorry but it doesn't seem very intuitive.

That tutorial that you posted sadly didn't help me at all.

1) Do you mean "create new favourite", because my armalaunch v1.2 doesn't have create new profile.

2. Mark the addon in the right field you want and click "ACTIVATE SELECTED MOD". And it will move into the middle window. Showing wich addon you got for the profile your making. Add another and another. What ever addons you need/want.
This part went straight over my head, I don't even know how to get the mods to appear in the damn application let alone activate them. Edited by Alexrey

Nice, thanks dracflamloc

I don't even know how to get the mods to appear in the damn application let alone activate them.

Unzip a mod file and put it in the Bohemia Interactive map. (Where Arma2 is installed)

The launcher will automatically find anything in the folder that it thinks is an addon.

Very useful for jumping straight into a pass worded server.

Very nice tool, Cheers.

Thanks for all the thanks guys. Perhaps I should make a little video tutorial for how to use it =)

Will you add in the next update the feature of customising the modfolder order/priority?

For some reason the launcher isn't detecting all mods in my arma directory.... any way to add ones that for whatever reason do not show up?

What are the names of the folders that its not finding?

There is no manual add feature, however there shouldn't be need of one. It lists (or should) any folder in the arma folder, that wasnt part of the arma game itself.

So if theres some that aren't detecting correctly its probably a bug and I'll try to fix it

It finds any addon i add. That has never been an issue with this launcher. Cpl Roe are you sure your modfolders are proper with an "Addons" folder inside of all of them? And that they are all inside the ARMA2 folder and nowhere else.

Alex

Now if you build in a server control system the community will LOVE you !

Some weird bug or im doing something wrong but it doesnt let me save a profile.

When i save profile nothing happens

Check the location of Armalaunch.exe and make sure you have write-access to that folder. Also please check if there is ArmaLaunch.ini in that folder, and if there is please post its contents here

Some weird bug or im doing something wrong but it doesnt let me save a profile.

When i save profile nothing happens

I had the same. Create the new profile FIRST and then put your addons in. Then save again.

Got this link in another thread so excuse me for bumping. I'd like to use this launcher with the arma2 beta exe, is that also supported?

2 things i would like to see in an arma 2 launcher.

1. the abilty to edit the out going modline.

2. the ablity to use sub directrys so im able to use CAA1 with its 'X' directry

2 things i would like to see in an arma 2 launcher.

1. the abilty to edit the out going modline.

2. the ablity to use sub directrys so im able to use CAA1 with its 'X' directry

AddonSync2009 has both features + saveable per server profiles (modsets) + add servers by looking for them on Gamespy, i think Spirited Machine's launcher can also do this, and maybe this one too?

It can also launch dedicated servers (a great timesaver if you're into MP mission editing with addons).