Sign in to follow this  
Scorpcwh

Coop Zombie Mod

hey guys.

What about an Arma 2 Coop zombie mod?

Concept:

Players start at the air field where they can obtain weapons etc as per usual. Basically the marines must do missions, these could include:

-Destroy all zombies in town/city

-Evac personel from hot zone

-Defend location from Zombies

Zombies:

Civilian Models/Some military. They are fast with double stock health. They are also very aggressive.

Sounds awesome! :) played some of the zombie mods released back in the day for ofp and a little in Arma 1 :)

If you search youtube for ofp zombie or arma zombie you will get lots of hits :D

Imo if the Farmland mod made a comeback into Arma 2 that would rock :)

that mod had all kinds of random cool stuff in it.

Edited by Commando84

hey guys.

What about an Arma 2 Coop zombie mod?

Concept:

Players start at the air field where they can obtain weapons etc as per usual. Basically the marines must do missions, these could include:

-Destroy all zombies in town/city

-Evac personel from hot zone

-Defend location from Zombies

Zombies:

Civilian Models/Some military. They are fast with double stock health. They are also very aggressive.

nah

not interested , zombies are reanimated corpses , they cant run.

nah

Thank you for letting us know. Please tell us more about how you're not interested.

I like the sound of this mod, kind of like the old ArmA 1 fast-zombie mission.

Yeah zombies aren't the ones you see in movies running fast. The fast are called infected because their still alive but with a virus/parasite that totally takes control.

While zombies by their very definition are slow and have no minds.

It was infected that I have in mind. People usually suspect 'Zombies' can run after seeing films like 28 days later, but yes, they are infected with a rage desease. I can't make it by the way, it was a suggestion to any modders out there with the ability.

if your gonna think of makin it then take some research into some exsiting zombie games like on cod5 and looking at some film like 28 days later, sean of the dead, resisdent evil, or lookin at left 4 dead which is massive zombie game hope this helps you.

nah

Running is your problem here?

They walk! They are reanimated corpses that walk! I don't see you complaining about that!

the point is that the atmosphere of the mission is completely different

when it's got running things, it's a game of whackamole

when it's got tons and tons of slow things it's less about shooting fast and more about planning your approach to not get cornered

just like the films

they're slow, they're dumb, they're unarmed and easy to kill, but they will still kill you

i do like the running sort missions aswell, but i rather see both

i really liked the epic missions in ofp, scouring for fuel and ammo in a dead city

the point is that the atmosphere of the mission is completely different

when it's got running things, it's a game of whackamole

when it's got tons and tons of slow things it's less about shooting fast and more about planning your approach to not get cornered

just like the films

they're slow, they're dumb, they're unarmed and easy to kill, but they will still kill you

i do like the running sort missions aswell, but i rather see both

i really liked the epic missions in ofp, scouring for fuel and ammo in a dead city

I really think it's the other way around. It's boring (for me) when they're slow.

So the idea is a 28 weeks later style zombie mod? I'd love to play a mod where the zombies were finally powerful and something to be feared, not just annoying things that need to be shot before they'll quit groaning and die. (didn't much like Left 4 Dead by the way :D)

You could kill an unlimited amount of walkers in OFP and ArmA1. The engagement ranges are just too high for slow moving enemies with just melee attacks and there is a severe lack of indoor locations where they could actually harm you. Even when your ammo runs out you can just jog off to more ammo and repeat the whole process.

IMO zombies should have the same or higher moving speed then the player to be a fun enemy.

You also have to keep in mind that ArmA2* cannot handle as much enemies as OFP1/ArmA1 because of the microAI and other things, therefore they need to be stronger and/or faster then before.

*Or actually, our PC's cant handle ArmA2

Why not have both? A horde of walkers to start, to allow the players time to get set defensively, then as the game progresses a new faster breed starts to emerge. Hopefully someone makes an attack dog mod to use for both player's side and zombie side.

well obviously you should only have slow ones in cities

so that the player is safe outside the city area, but has to go in to find supplies

and there should be tons of them

draw a fog at 50 meters and spawn them only at that range for framerate

too bad A2 urban areas are still so damn tiny

Ive experimented with walkers once in ArmA1. I could defeat an unlimited spawning horde with one hand. They really are too slow to be regarded as a threat, even in cities.

EDIT: Yes, unless you add an unreasonable amount of fog in every mission. But personally i always find the believability go down if you have to use such tricks.

Furthermore, i should stop using tags for emphasis. It reminds me of walker. :D

Edited by NeMeSiS

Correct me if I am wrong, but it don't appear is if they included the zombies in arma 2... so that forces a MOD to be able to use them in MP servers

Zombies are dead, to which what appears to be rockers and hookers :/

It all depends on the goals, fun or horror?

I think that in ArmA especially, the only possible way to make zombies scary is to have them run, if possible, faster than the players. The players would also have to have poor weaponry and be fighting fewer zombies - like 5 at a time per player. I was never much into the idea of using zombies like targets at a firing range though :D

Hmm, rather than spawning at the airbase with all of the weapons and equipment ready...I'd like spawn at the other side of the map armed with nothing but a pistol and perhaps a Bizon or AK-74U, and be forced to make my way to the airfield. That would be survival at its finest.

At Night. With no NV. Sometimes before they attack, you hear a screetch, and sometimes you just hear a screetch and they dont attack. would add a level of fearfactor heh. see some flashes in front of you and hear over ventrilo "OH GOD- OH GOd...."

Hmm, rather than spawning at the airbase with all of the weapons and equipment ready...I'd like spawn at the other side of the map armed with nothing but a pistol and perhaps a Bizon or AK-74U, and be forced to make my way to the airfield. That would be survival at its finest.

Hmm spawn as a zombie? .. lol

I already tested some of the numbers on my machine (spawning civis)

Slow zombies are the only way to go , The fast ones once they get past a certian point 50 meters will kill you regardless of the firepower. the gunplay in ARMA is too slow for a twich shooter like L4D

The only way to make the slow zombies a threat is to make it so a headshot is the only thing that can kill them other than high explosives.

I suggest any real zombie fan read the book World war Z as its the most important peice of zombie fiction ever (more important than dawn of the dead)

As it so happens, I'm considering making a zombie mod for Arma2 - I made the Unified Zombie Mod one for the original Flashpoint. I just need to get my texturing and scripting head on again. But this will only be done when the team AI is fixed by BIS.

Has anyone seen MiG or Maccollo around?? Get the old team back, chew the fat....

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

I already tested some of the numbers on my machine (spawning civis)

Slow zombies are the only way to go , The fast ones once they get past a certian point 50 meters will kill you regardless of the firepower. the gunplay in ARMA is too slow for a twich shooter like L4D

The only way to make the slow zombies a threat is to make it so a headshot is the only thing that can kill them other than high explosives.

I suggest any real zombie fan read the book World war Z as its the most important peice of zombie fiction ever (more important than dawn of the dead)

I would say the books "Night Of The Living Dead" and "Return Of The Living Dead" (both variants - one as a sequel to "Night" and the other as the comedy film version) were more groundbreaking than World War Z. I have a lot of zombie books: Wet Works, Book Of The Dead 1 & 2 by Skipp & Spector, World War Z, Zombie Survival Guide, but ROTLD and Night were there right at the very very start and define the genre. Just my 2$ worth.

Cant the people who made the zombie coop mods from arma just bring them over to arma 2? Those had coop missions and stuff.

Has anyone seen MiG or Maccollo around?? Get the old team back, chew the fat....

Try the armedassault.info forums, Dave is pretty active there (There is currently an ArmA2 zombiethread there) and he is in the Farmland mod like MiG is/was.

@kenjara: Apparantly forcing domove commands on the zombies wont make them run straight at the enemy like in ArmA1 so straight ports dont work. I have some idea's to work around this but i still have to test them.

Edited by NeMeSiS