Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

STEAM troubleshooting

when can i play Steam version ARMA2 WITH OUT Steam starting... could with ARMA1 atari? or am i missing somthing. Its a total deal breaker for me now and just use .DE version ,that shares the arma2.cfg with Steam. (And Steam made my .DE english! whoo). So is there a offcial way to run the game with out Steam......?

Ive been having a problem with the game. I bought the game off of STEAM and when im in the mission Razor Two where you have to find the prisoners it always freezes. I check Task Manager and it says not responding. It aways does this about 15 min into it everytime.

My specs are:

Q6600 @ 3.0

GTX280

EVGA 790i

OCZ 2GB DDR3 1600mhz ram

Windows 7 32bit RC

Help please.

Edited by ALUMINUM13

Hello and sorry for the noob question but it´s the first game i purchase trough steam...

i bought arma 2 yesterday and tried to install the game, however, i really dont know if the game was installed successfully because it shows installed but every time i try to launch the game it keeps updating itself and when it gets to 99% it frezes and get back to 0, and if i try to launch with the option to not update it simply does not launch the game...

What´s going on? can i play without updating? is the game really installed or ´´updating´´ means that it is installing the game? and why it stops in 99%?

thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english....

Is it normal when I minimize the ArmA 2 to work on editing some text on desktop (For scripting) when I maximize the ArmA 2 window again the windows crashes and computer get restarted?

Intel Core 2 DUO 6400 2,13GHz

1x2GB RAM DDR2 667

Ati Radeon X1600 Pro

Windows XP SP3

Obiously Steam Version of ArmA 2...

Any Ideas?

You could use window mode when editing. It's faster than alt-tabbing.

Please help me!

Well, I was very excited to play Arma 2. So, I downloaded it from Steam and once I finally entered the game everything looked fuzzy. No matter what I did I couldn't fix this problem so I read somewhere that downloading the patch would help fix it. So, I downloaded the patch only to have it tell me that it cannot find the CD. After this, I come onto the troubleshooting forum and scroll through the problem until I read Boomer9's problem. It was exactly like mine so I followed your steps to fix it but when I try to verify the game cache it just quickly goes to 100% and then exits the window.

Is my only answer to this problem to re-install the game? :(

EDIT* It won't even let me delete the local content from my computer to re-install the game >.>

Edited by Typhon247

Don't use the patch from ArmA2. Steam has the newest patch installed...

Edited by MJK-Ranger

I know that now, but is there anyway to fix it? :(

*EDIT

I restarted steam and I am currently verifying it again. It is not skipping to 100% It might acatually be working :D

Edited by Typhon247

Hello,

ARMA 2 running fantastic on my sli i7.

Does steam include a manual for the game?

John

SS9 i get the question only once but that's when STEAM is started for first time

yet i use external windows shortcuts to launch it ...

Hi , bought Arma 2 off steam. Starts and runs well, exept the normal graphic loading when u return to base or something after u die.

But when i play campaign or multiplayer, i get small freezes each half a minute. Not bad really, a freeze that lasts a second tho. But flying a chopper with my mates inside, close to ground, its not fun to get 'unfrozen' inside a tree ;)

Anyone else experience this and/or have a solution?

Edited by ZoLoco

Every time the game starts I get the option to launch windowed or full screen. How do I get it to always launch full screen? It's really annoying because I usually want to let it boot up and go get a drink or something.

The ESRB notice: I'm aware that my game play experience may change on line. You don't have to tell me every time I click multiplayer. I got it after the first 400 times.

I only get that launch screen if I try to run ArmA when Steam isn't already loaded. Load steam first, then click your ArmA shortcut, it shouldn't prompt the windowed/fullscreen box. Steam tends to do this with other games, asking if you want to play singleplayer/multiplayer, which is redundant because for a lot of games, it takes you to the main menu where you have to select them again anyways.

Hi , bought Arma 2 off steam. Starts and runs well, exept the normal graphic loading when u return to base or something after u die.

But when i play campaign or multiplayer, i get small freezes each half a minute. Not bad really, a freeze that lasts a second tho. But flying a chopper with my mates inside, close to ground, its not fun to get 'unfrozen' inside a tree ;)

Anyone else experience this and/or have a solution?

I get this same thing, but only when playign under Windows 7, under Vista and XP I don't experience it at all so I figure it must be something I installed on Windows 7, no idea what though.

I get this same thing, but only when playign under Windows 7, under Vista and XP I don't experience it at all so I figure it must be something I installed on Windows 7, no idea what though.

Ok. Hope its gone in W7 OEM. No problems with the game in Vista, but it runs smoother on W7. :D

Steam prevents buldozer from running.

Steam prevents buldozer from running.

it's problem with all old tools ...

most likely this will be resolved with new toolset

I've buy Steam version of ARMA 2, I'm surpised that there's not italian language (like DVD version).

There's any way to add italian language to Steam ARMA 2 ?

I thought I shared some history I had in getting this game to work with Steam after purchasing it 3weeks ago and now as of today, the game is launching thru steam and I was able to start learning the basic of the game.

See Sig for sys spec.

I was having two major issues

1. Direct 9 graphical error, even though I have direct 10

2. Steam will always give me this message "this game is currently unavailable, please try again at another time"

Purchased game around July 4 or 5th

July 8 - my message to Steam

I purchase this game (AARM2) via your steam game - ever since I downloaded the game, the game has not work - I first got an error msg about missing dx 9, when I launch in full mode, and then i when try to launch in window mode and it came up then crash. Now, even since then, I been getting a message that said, "this game is currently unavailable, please try again at another time"

I went to your support site, and try every suggestions that was mentioned to try to get rid of this error, and still nothing, i have uninstall drivers, reinstall OS, visual c, etc. run in admin, reinstall the game twice, reinstall steam several times.. and still nothing

July 10 Steam reply

Please disable your background applications. Please disable NOD also. After doing so, please reload your game files by deleting the local content and reinstalling. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please uninstall NOD completely. Sometimes just having that software also on the system causes Steam not to function correctly. please send us your msinfo32.nfo

July 12 my message to steam

i have follow everything what you had advise, disable all backup services, delete the local content, reconfig my router, etc. I have spent almost 60 hrs in trying to resolved this. This is the only game I am having issue with. I have CODWAW, EmpireatWar, American Army3, DoD, counter strike and they all work fine thru your service, with all the background services running, including the Antivirus, without me going thru all of this.

July 15 steam reply

It appears that you have SLI enabled for your graphics card. Please disable SLI and retest.

July 15 my message to steam

I do not have it enable.. as per the Nv control panel

July 16 Steam reply

Please ensure you have the latest DirectX on your system. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Please try the following, Exit Steam entirely.

• Browse to your Steam installation (Usually C:\Program Files\Steam\)
  • Rename the "steamapps" folder to "old_steamapps"
  • Re-launch Steam and re-install the game.
  • Once the installation is complete, test the issue.
  • If the issue is not resolved, you can rename the folder back to avoid having to re-install other games.

July 17 my message to steam

Believe it or not, the game work after doing that.. even with everything load, anti-virus, services, etc.

So you mean to tell me I have waste almost 3 weeks and hours working on this since I purchased the game- un-installing the games, others applications, downloading and re- downloading, drivers, etc and that the issue was simply this solution, regarding your folders?

Summary

So after spinning my wheels mostly on my own, the problem was solved with this simple solution and it has to do with steam. I am able to launch the game in full and windowed - I had yet to really involved myself in learning the basic.. hopefully, this weekend I will be able too.

So, if anyone is having issues, maybe this step by changing the steamapp folder to old and follow the steps in the bold bullet points , may save you some grief and times in the long run... no harm in trying it right.

Edited by blkjag

Hi, I just dowloaded the Arma 2 demo from steam, but every time I try to play it, i just get a message htat say "Frequency out of Range". I've looked this problem up online but all the solutions i found on other websites are not working. Any suggestions? My specs are AMD Phenom 9100e Quad-Core Processor 1.8 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, and an ATI Radeon 4670

Edited by fakename

Hi, I just dowloaded the Arma 2 demo from steam, but every time I try to play it, i just get a message htat say "Frequency out of Range". I've looked this problem up online but all the solutions i found on other websites are not working. Any suggestions? My specs are AMD Phenom 9100e Quad-Core Processor 1.8 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, and an ATI Radeon 4670

Sound like is a monitor issues - usually "freq and out of range" message relates to your monitor not capable of supporting a certain resolution.. I currently working on similar issue myself with one of my monitor.

You need to check to see what is your monitor display native resolution and change it to that or perhaps lower and see if that work.

Sound like is a monitor issues - usually "freq and out of range" message relates to your monitor not capable of supporting a certain resolution.. I currently working on similar issue myself with one of my monitor.

You need to check to see what is your monitor display native resolution and change it to that or perhaps lower and see if that work.

I believe my native resolution is 1680x1050, as that is what it says on the little black sticky stating the monitor's specs that I still have at the bottom from when i bought it. The problem now is changing the game resolution outside of the game. I have tried the whole "Steam/games/Arma2/properties/set launch options, and its just not working. Maybe I typed it wrong or something. What I typed was w 1680

use windowed mode (offered by STEAM when game is run from STEAM games list) or by right clicking menu in STEAM games list

and if it not helps changing ingame resolution (in GUI video options) then check arma2.cfg and change monitor frequency in line with refresh=

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

@BLKJAG your issue sounds like very corrupted file cache

use windowed mode (offered by STEAM when game is run from STEAM games list) or by right clicking menu in STEAM games list

and if it not helps changing ingame resolution (in GUI video options) then check arma2.cfg and change monitor frequency in line with refresh=

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

@BLKJAG your issue sounds like very corrupted file cache

STEAM isn't offering windowed mode when I run it from the menu, and I can't find it in the right-click menu either. Also, I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to computers and I'm having trouble finding arma2.cfg. I searched it in my start menu and nothing came up.