Sign in to follow this  
FraG_AU

Patch 1.03 suggestions

Set all graphic cards to run from a minimum of 8600GT. Meaning that you will get good graphics if you have an 8600 GPU. You will get really great graphics if you’ve got a state-of-the-art NASA type computer.

4, Make compass a whole lot bigger in game and map view

Very good point :thumb:

Sorry guys if this has been mentioned someware but AI soldiers die a lot of times when landing parachute. They land and then its like a respawn for them 1-1.5m in air and I guess thats too high for them and they die. Its very annoying for instance in campaign I say the pilot to take me to LZ and I decide to bail out on 200m or something and everything is fine untill landing where one of 4 guys gets killed. Same thing in evolution. You recruit 5 guys and 3 of them get killed. Or all of them sometimes. Sometimes I get lucky and they all live but one or few of them is injured for sure. However, it never happened to me when parachuting. I always survived landing without injuries or anything. They get killed on any kind of terrain. I doesnt matter if its leveled or slope. Fix this in next patch.

Possibility to holster all weapons!

In ArmA 1 you could only put your rifle on your back and holster you pistol, if you pulled out your LAW launcher, then went prone. Then you could stand up, and all your weapons would be on your back/holstered.

That was "fixed" in ArmA 2. Would be really nice with a way to holster your weapons.

I would say that focus should be on performance optimization, after that campaign bugs, AI issues (I've not noticed too many, except that the squad AI doesn't seem to work when combat mode "danger" is set) and whatnot. However, I too would want a way to holster/shoulder weapons. Especially pistols.

I think making the game to run better is top priority. Many people suffer from performance issues even those who own way better computers than the recomennded system.

I reckon BIS should concentrate on AI behaviour definitely, and i'm sure they are doing their best. But some of these AIs are so stupid unfortunately.

Modules

Some tweaking to the modules would be nice.

The Ambient Civilan Module often put "sleeping" civilians half way into doors.

It looks very Von Trier spooky, which is nice, but still buggy-

The Ambient Combat Module rarely seem to do anything but send a chopper over your head every 15-20 minutes. The out-of-the-box settings and intensity should really be tweaked (I know the modules can be set in the init file, but this ought to work better without tweaking).

Rain

It still rains inside.

Controls

The fire button also works as action button... This is not customizable, which often leads to situations where you by mistake switch weapons, open doors etc. and get killed, when you're trying to fire with the menu up. We need to be able to switch off the action function for the fire button.

Hi,

I would really like the ability on the server config to control custom faces and custom sounds independently.

example

currently you have

MaxCustomFileSize

I would like 2 different settings

MaxCustomFaceSize

MaxCustomSoundSize

That way a sever could allow custom faces BUT disallow custom sounds ( or vice versa )

Custom faces are handy if you know who has what face when they are ingame

I cant think of ANY reason why custom sounds are usefull

So the usual thing where you have some retard coming onto the server with

silly sounds such as rapper screaming the word Nigger , annoying music etc

could be prevented , but still allow custom faces to better ID people in game.

thanks

More control over VOIP devices. I have a USB/bluetooth headset that I want comms over, while sound comes over my speakers. This is important if I am to use in-game VoIP.

In ArmA you could aim the artillery pieces like shooting a tank gun, your vision has parts of the artillery gun in the way in ArmA 2

I thought this was a bug at first, however use the optics button, '0' on the numpad, and you will have sights as before.

I have the 9800gtx (nvidia) graphic card and in advanced video options with 1.02 version of the game i cannot enable the anticrénelage ( in french ) so the game with out that is not so good. So i schearch and i have changed the setings from arma config it was FSAA=0 i set it to FSAA=3 so it active my (anticrénelage) but disable all shadowns :(. So have a look on it please.

Arma 2 is an exelent game if you can play on simulation it's the best game with graphics :)

Will you enable it in v1.03 ?

From OFP, Arma and now Arma 2 we had always problems in the primary versions to so i hope it's normal.

On the TrackIR main site used to say that ArmA II was going to have 6DOF. I wonder if this is going to get implemented in future patches. Its very nice being able to stick your head outside the window.

1= improved camera system in the sim also for MP spectate mode, with a dynamic and swichable units cam.

2= improved mp performance and graphics performance tweaks.

3= ability to turn of all fancy effects in game for people with low end pcs.

4= smoke effects =off low med high

5= ultra realistic mode realisitc damage . and no visual aids.or magic enemy huds.

Edited by diveplane

as stated previously:

1. Dual Monitor support

2. Return of the CH47 Chinook

3. Support for Freetrack

4. Option to turn voices down esp. the guy who shouts in the boot camp

i have a wonderfull suggestion for patch 1.03.......FIX the Crash to desktop!!!!!:raisebrow::rage::rage::rage:

i have a wonderfull suggestion for patch 1.03.......FIX the Crash to desktop!!!!!:raisebrow::rage::rage::rage:

Sorry to sound contrary, but i can play for hours and not et a CTD. Is this reproducible for you ? what are you system specs ? have you forwarded the error logs ? does it happen all the time or just some of the time ?

I do see that others are getting CTD in various parts of the game, But if you could be more constructive with your post. And actually include some details in it, then it may be easier to narrow it down.

Things to look at would be memory and cpu usage, temperatures, and most importantly, log files. the log files are created on your machine on each crash. Try submitting them to the developers with as much pertinent information as possible about what situations that this crash occurs.

no offence is meant by this post, but its all well and good to say fix the CTD< but unless you give information about it. it isnt going to happen.

regards./

*) Spacebar command interface should ignore you or the vehicle you are sitting in, whilst you use it in 3rd person mode.

Reason: I want to tell the team to interact/shoot/go to a place/thing I was standing in front of, not go to where I am, nor ask me for a cigarette, or shoot me in the head.

*) I'm inside a bush or in the forest, crouching, and I don't see anyone. Why does it feel like every single enemy AI knows exactly where I am? Why can they even take aim at me, crouched or prone, where I cannot even see what's more than a meter away from me, due to all the foliage in the way?

*) At flank speed (E for flank-forward, and then pressing A or D) when not on roads, wheeled vehicles cannot make a right turn?

*) Liberties in weapon choices for the Razor team? For example, to always have a sniper for zoomed rifle during the campaign?

Reason: The holo seems inadequate many of the campaigns battles. I seem to be able to perform better with plain ironsighted rifles than those that have an aimpoint or holo. The aim-dots seem too big.

*) Please bring back the "Clock" for targetting.

Reason: When a team member announcess something "left" from us, this leaves me guessing whose left is meant, or where my own left was at the time the AI decided to tell me this. I'm not exactly standing still all the time. Here is a neat idea: if multiple targets were seen, keep adding icons or at least points to the clock and have it rotate optionally.

*) When I assign targets to shoot at with ~ 2, also let me pick the targets from the clock, with a mouse cursor rather than a drop-down list. The drop-down list should also always be sorted by distance. Usually, I want my team to aim for the closest enemy first, and picking from a list like this:

RUSSIAN SOLDIER, CLOSE

RUSSIAN SOLDIER, CLOSE

RUSSIAN SOLDIER, CLOSE

just plain isn't useful. Also, please indicate with colour highlighting which targets are *still* visible to my team mates.

*) Furthermore, I second that distances should be spoken out numerically in meters.

Edited by Tammej

the M270 MLRS Tank from USMC don't have scope. ANd the Ural with rockets his scope is static cannot move with turret.

Please Fix.

C130 door and Ramp do not open.

Please Fix.

Edited by Cpt-Fred

One actual issue, and two cosmetic. See if you can pick which is which.

1. Why go through the trouble of rendering a holster if you aren't going to throw something in it? Go the queen's gambit route and (graphically) put a static M9 in there just so my soldier isn't running around with nothing on the side.

2. Performance. By "performance" I mean there is a HUGE range of framerates I come across during a typical game. Find a way to lower the gap between looking through an ACOG to a treeline in a field of grass and walking through that same field of grass.

3. Patch the patcher, make it pretty. It's freaking ugly, it's been ugly for years. Good time for a change. At the very least, change the icon to one of the icons already compiled into arma2.exe!

Add sound when rain is falling down on the ground. Its kinda weird without it.

wish for morters

Edited by A.cain

When a vehicle is first blown up, stop the AI from pounding it for about a minute after?

There all dead and the AI still keeps blasting away!

Rat a tat tat!, rat a tat tat!