Sign in to follow this  
sgt gul

no blur mod

Hello, has there been a release of the no blur mod from kegetys? Because i try to play arma2 with 1.02 patch and with the no blur mod. but i am not sure if it works, because i dont see any difference with or without. is it not compatible with new version?

my line is:

"D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=noblurB -nosplash

Not the right place to put this Sgt Gul. This forum is for addons that ARE complete, not asking about them. Please put it in the proper thread.

you are missing an @

@noblurB and a ; between it and -nosplash if I remember rightly

no, you are not remembering it correctly

In patch 1.02 you can disable 'blur' by disabling post processing. Does this mod have any additional benefits ?

no it disables everything regarding PP thats the problem so those that want some of bloom cant or some of blur cant. Its either all off or all on lol... Weeeeeeeeee crazy..

are u sure that pp disabled disables bloom too?

because i m sure i have bloom when i play and watch on white lines like helipads and such.

try it i think bloom is on even if pp is off.

Yes, bloom will be disabled too. It would be much better if bloom, blur and dof were separate settings.

damn u are right i just checked it and no bloom and kegetys mod isnt working either anymore lol

i used kegetys mod noblurA to get rid of the blur but keep the bloom, but now it doesnt work in 1.02 anymore

i still dont see any difference with the noblurB mod, maybe that doesnt work to with 1.02.anyone can confirm it?

does kegetys' mod improve the fps at all? Or is it so marginal that it doesn't matter?

I wish i could disable bloom only and keep blur on lowest settings, but i dont get kegetys config files in his mod. he put the complete bin.pbo into his mod, which i dont understand why?!

Kegetys's noblur worked by changing some of the shader handling inside the bin.pbo - the bin.pbo from the 1.01final version... as you loaded it as a modfolder it overwrote the unmodified bin.pbo in memory with the new shader values - removing the c hosen effect...

With the 1.02 patch BIS have obviously been working on many files across the game - thats why the patches are quite big - new replacements for lots of files - including a new bin.pbo.....

So if you try to run kegetys 1.01-specific mod with 1.02, in effect - you're trying to overwrite one of the major importance 1.02 version files with a 1.01 version of itself...

the rest of the game doesnt like that - its not a good idea...

I'm not sure if Kegetys will release a new 1.02 version of his mod... there seems little point since it was largely aimed at eliminating the crazy motion blur (now optional courtesy of BIS), and also the worst excesses of the Bloom (which I agree, even with PP disabled I still think I see it lurking in there), but also which has obviously also been considerably improved by BIS...

You can always ask I guess... he's a nice chap I believe...

B

Kegetys modified the shaders.

So the full dta.pbo is needed. Problem its needs to be updated with every patch

and sign. Which he does not seem to do.

I actually haven't played the game without this patch and I don't intend on doing so. It makes it look really good, despite the intrinsic blurriness of Arma's graphics.