Sign in to follow this  
Chomp

Patch or Demo which do you prefer to come first?

Patch or Demo?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Patch or Demo?

• Release the patch first
    • Release the demo first

Who cares? It's not hurting anybody to have a discussion in the "General" section.

Who cares? We do, if you don't like the rules here you're welcome to go to another forum somewhere on the internet.

DEMO please think of all of the people here in north america suffering without ARMA 2.

If you're suffering then that is your problem :P. I live in north america as well but would far more prefer a patched game, or patched demo.

Not only would it mean less bugs and problems+ people endlessly crying about them BUT it would help with sales because of that exact problem, sometimes a bit of push back is not such a bad thing.

It would be logical to release demo first if the demo came out just before the main 505 release.

Seeing as it isn't and the demo is to snag new customers and try "before" you buy testers, existing loyal customers already sat with the game should get a patch first I think.

Plus it contradicts what happened with 1.01 German release, basically a patch right after it was released.

Demo is a demo, full game owners (paying customers) waiting for the patch right away should be priority in my eyes. And that's also speaking if I didn't even have the game right now also.

The delay wouldn't be a delay if it wasn't for an announcement made, so paying customers shouldn't be delayed over demo users based on promises we have no control over. IE: if no one new about the demo release and we got the patch now, then the demo arrived next week = no one would be any the wiser.

Edited by mrcash2009

Patch will allow appropriate feedback to assist in the next fix. If any:)

Demo will bring the masses to Arma II, but with a chance of the unknown.

I say patch then let them read about the good out comes and what the community suggests for the next one;)

I think the patch should come first. Much better to show a patched up demo IMHO.

This guy is right. I hope A2 demo won't be as shity as A1 demo was. :icon_rolleyes:

Demo, Demo, Demo. It appears that the poll & thread is meant to gain insight on what each individual wants, which everyone has done, so my wants are... sense I won't get the game until the 26th, then I'm all for the demo. Because the patch will come out anyway, regardless of what we say or do.

Patch plz. Kthx. Demo can wait, bug fixes and major issues with the game cannot.

Demo is a demo, full game owners (paying customers) waiting for the patch right away should be priority in my eyes.

Well some of us are full game owners without a game as Steam takes your money right away instead of when it "ships".

I'd like to have the demo so at least I'd have something.

they already said the patch had priority and that the demo might be delayed until next week.

What is the meaning of this poll?

If you already have the game why would you want the demo to be released first and why would you not want the patch?

The poll could be 'who has the game' just as well.

And I doubt this poll will effect devs' decision since they said making the demo helps them find bugs. So it will most likely be both released in the same moment.

Edited by IronTrooper
typo