Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 Demo Release Today - 2PM GMT - 3PM CET - 6:00 AM PST

That's good news :)

Especially that I forgot my pen drive today...will need to wait for tommorow to download...

Yet, I am very curious [just as ampd is] what content awaits for us to be discovered in the release?

[edit] thx seems the answer came in sooner :P

Edited by topas

This application has failed to start because X3DAudio1_6.dll was not found.

Any help?

Downloaded it and it is asking where to put it??? So where does it go anyway? Any help. I saw GunnDawg09 had the same problem...how did you fix it???

Downloaded, run, get the following:

Unable to find setup01.bin.

Please keep setup.exe and all *.bin files at the same directory.

There is only one file...

Running Windows 7 64-bit

Same error here, downloaded from FilePlanet.... anyone know what the problem is?

Vista, 32 bit

Redownloading from another site atm.

For anybody wondering which is the fastest method to download, I'd go with the first torrent link in the first post. Getting really good download speeds.

Could somebody upload to www.filefront.com?

For US users they have unlimited bandwidth and lighting fast downloads.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

-Ziggy-;1328390']are there any american mirrors? all these mirrors are slow as death' date=' torrent included.

7 hours to DL...:j:[/quote']

Hopefully we can get one up for filefront.

I recommend Fileplanet.

You have to wait in line for 30 minutes, but it's downloading at around 800K for me and I'm not even a subscriber.

The whole download only takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes including the wait time.

The fileplanet link gave it to me at speeds over 400kb,

to bad I can't call in sick for work.

I'm averaging at 800-900kb and sometimes peaking at 1MB with the torrent

The fileplanet link gave it to me at speeds over 400kb,

to bad I can't call in sick for work.

Something tells me as word gets out about the demo, download speeds will start getting worse on the HTTP sites.

Of course, it SHOULD get better on the torrents - but then again, everyone chokes their upload bandwidth on torrents so it's still horrendously slow - thus, defeating the whole purpose of torrents.

I'm averaging at 800-900kb and sometimes peaking at 1MB with the torrent

I'm getting 1.2mbps with filefront.

Same here - just pressed 700kbs and not even 5 minutes old. About 600 peers + 50 seeders is amazing.

i just have a look at it, as i see it has better performance then the retail.

AA can be enabled in settings, languages are changeable (hopefully it will be in the next patch ;))

the latest retail patch is 1.02.58064, and the demo is 1.02.58127. so im so excited about 1.03 patch! :)

no gonna to vote in Suma's thread :)

Was I a fool to think I could run this game smoothly and look good with these specs?

AMD Phenom 9600 2.30GHz Quad-Core

4GB DDR2 800MHz Corsair XMS Ram

Nvidia 9800GTX+

Vista 64bit

Seems to be rather laggy and not the best of frame rates once buildings and other things are about. Any suggestions ?

http://www.v2.fi/pelit/tiedostot/947/ARMA-2/

I have downloaded it 5 mins ago from that link at 1.3MB/sec , about 30 mins and full demo was in my hard drive.

That web is from finland and i am at the opossite side in europe so very good speed.

Edited by katua

Same here - just pressed 700kbs and not even 5 minutes old. About 600 peers + 50 seeders is amazing.

This is looking like good news for those of us who will be playing lots of multiplayer. A large community makes a great game. ;)

Was I a fool to think I could run this game smoothly and look good with these settings?

AMD Phenom 9600 2.30GHz Quad-Core

4GB DDR2 800MHz Corsair XMS Ram

Nvidia 9800GTX+

Vista 64bit

Seems to be rather laggy and not the best of frame rates one buildings and other things are about. Any suggestions ?

Odd it should be fine maybe try to OC your CPU a bit , at 2.3ghz its a bit slow. My Dual core is at 3.339ghz and im fine, im actually surprised and shocked that i can actually run the game very smoothly on my settings..

I dunno what to do :(

My specs seem to be fine to run the game with no frame hiccups :(

I recommend Fileplanet.

You have to wait in line for 30 minutes, but it's downloading at around 800K for me and I'm not even a subscriber.

The whole download only takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes including the wait time.

With filefront I get up to 5.0 mb/s downloads.