Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 Demo Release Today - 2PM GMT - 3PM CET - 6:00 AM PST

Ok, I figured my issue out, I had downloaded the file from your link but I clicked again and there was another file, I had to get a plugin for that new file so now it works.

Doh the thing to verify your windows is legit if you're using a browser other than IE? I forgot about that, would explain it.

IT TOOK me 5 HOURS TO DOWNLOAD THIS AND IT JUST DOESNT WORK WHY???

it says file copy error ( CRC doesnt match )

ArmA 2 demo/AddOns/air.pbo

please help me and dont say i gotta redownload because i simply am not going to.

You have to download again.

Is there any way to run a demo dedicated server?

Any updates on this?

Alright i have 2 quick questions really fast. but first i just want to thank BI for putting this AWESOME demo togather. ArmA2 looks excellent! But i was using the mission editor a lil bit ago and i have been wondering, how do i rotate objects? And the 2nd question is that if my game keeps crashing, typicly while in a hummer does that have somthing to do with memory or my graphics? ( i can run Crysis on very high and not lagg btw. )

Any updates on this?

Start the ArmA 2 demo with -server -config=server.cfg -port=2302 alike parameters, same as with the regular dedicated server. Same server config file etc. can be used.

Btw: Server signature verification can't enabled, since there's no server side key available. But there seems to be a verification mechanism in place anyway.

Start the ArmA 2 demo with -server -config=server.cfg -port=2302 alike parameters, same as with the regular dedicated server. Same server config file etc. can be used.

Btw: Server signature verification can't enabled, since there's no server side key available. But there seems to be a verification mechanism in place anyway.

Beat me to it. I just got mine rolling.

Here is what my TCADMIN is doing to start it up

-server -config=server.cfg -port=2340 -profiles=C:\UserFiles\ADMIN\GameServers\TC86145887341176337353063\ -name=server -maxplayers=64

Torrent file is broken, can't unrar it :( Redownloading from steam...uh another 3 hours.

In your client with the torrent stopped, click 'Force re-check' and wait, if there's anything wrong with the downlad it will pick it up and restarting the torrent will correct it for you. (maybe a bad segment)

@ Placebo. Kudos for nannying this thread, you've got your work cut out on this forum today;)

Doh the thing to verify your windows is legit if you're using a browser other than IE? I forgot about that, would explain it.

You have to download again.

Can you write MD5 for A2Demo file

Sorry for bad english :rolleyes:

Torrent uploaded to

Link removed.

Edited by Placebo

I have a wierd problem. Whenever the extracter for the setup finishes (I'm using winrar. I just double-clicked it) it just closes. No setup opens. The computer just beeps at me. I'm running Vista 64-bit on a non-admin profile. I used the torrent download and I use bittorrent.

Hey guys, and thanks for using Gameupdates.org for the torrent :)

We know there is a lot of strain on it as it's so popular, but we are doing what we can to improve your downloads.

Currently a couple of hundred Mbit/s have been added as additional seeding power for this one.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

/Zrix, co-admin gameupdates.org

Edited by Zrix

Alright i have 2 quick questions really fast. but first i just want to thank BI for putting this AWESOME demo togather. ArmA2 looks excellent! But i was using the mission editor a lil bit ago and i have been wondering, how do i rotate objects? And the 2nd question is that if my game keeps crashing, typicly while in a hummer does that have somthing to do with memory or my graphics? ( i can run Crysis on very high and not lagg btw. )

1: use shift 2: no idea

Demos working great here. Despite my reasonably mediocre hardware, Im getting excellent graphics and no stuttering. Good job BIS!

Demos working great here. Despite my reasonably mediocre hardware, Im getting excellent graphics and no stuttering. Good job BIS!

What is your config?

--

Board_Avatar.jpg

Edited by McBacker

hey

i don't know what i'm doing wrong...but i don't have the option "fillrate optimizer" in my video settings! please help me.

hey

i don't know what i'm doing wrong...but i don't have the option "fillrate optimizer" in my video settings! please help me.

It's different now. You have two resolutions, the main display resolution and the 3D render resolution right underneath it. If both are the same, you have 100% fillrate.

hey

Look for 3d resolution instead. It was renamed to avoid confusion. Fail.

EDIT Maddog beat me again:D

@MadDogX

thank you! I already thaught wtf!...:-)

does the 3d resolution has to be higher than the mai display resolution to get a better fillrate?

i don't really understand this new system? could anyone explain it please?

does the 3d resolution has to be higher than the mai display resolution to get a better fillrate?

i don't really understand this new system? could anyone explain it please?

I fyou match it to your game resolution then you've got 100% fillrate if you take it higher then you are effectively upping your fillrate over 100%. Experimentation is the best bet.

I believe i found a bug in the demo placebo. When you are in the editor and go to USMC, Men, Sniper(m107) they are using the m24 sniper rifle instead of the m107. just a heads up.