Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 Demo Release Today - 2PM GMT - 3PM CET - 6:00 AM PST

Just drop it please, this the demo release thread, not the how do torrents work thread. There's plenty of mirrors now, if you haven't downloaded it yet from our crappy torrent try one of the HTTP.

Like stated earlier by several posters(great posts there 'some kind of guy'), the torrent is working as it should.

I'm sorry that you are having troubles downloading, but the fault is on your end, not ours.

But as a final support attempt; have you visited the site after restarting the computer? It's required in order to update your IP.

The thing is when I rebooted the computer the tracker said the file was "not registered with tracker"...it was not ever going to reconnect without the tracker knowing it was a vaild file.

As Zrix says, if your IP address changed after you rebooted (or perhaps just enough time had passed between tries?) you need to go to the site to download the .torrent file. It won't allow just anybody to connect to the tracker, you have to clicked on the "download torrent" button to submit the form to their server which then records your current IP address and permits it to use the tracker. It's a bit of a pain really - I seed from a different computer and it's easier to just paste the URL of the .torrent file into my BT client - but I guess they want to make sure people get the torrent from their site. Their choice, I guess.

If you're still in need of a US mirror, try this one (direct link to 2.6GB ZIP!). I haven't seen the torrent use more than 3 MB/sec for the last day so I don't think I need to worry about conserving bandwidth. Feel free to use a couple of simultaneous connections if it helps. It's located in Ohio.

@Placebo: you can add my mirror to the first post if you want, though I'm guessing you've got enough mirrors by now. :)

for u guys have problems DL the demo.......just use steam.

40min DL for me.

most of my clan use steam and it was very fast.

If you're still in need of a US mirror, try this one (direct link to 2.6GB ZIP!). I haven't seen the torrent use more than 3 MB/sec for the last day so I don't think I need to worry about conserving bandwidth. Feel free to use a couple of simultaneous connections if it helps. It's located in Ohio.

@Placebo: you can add my mirror to the first post if you want, though I'm guessing you've got enough mirrors by now. :)

Sweet thanks :)

As Zrix says, if your IP address changed after you rebooted (or perhaps just enough time had passed between tries?) you need to go to the site to download the .torrent file. It won't allow just anybody to connect to the tracker, you have to clicked on the "download torrent" button to submit the form to their server which then records your current IP address and permits it to use the tracker. It's a bit of a pain really - I seed from a different computer and it's easier to just paste the URL of the .torrent file into my BT client - but I guess they want to make sure people get the torrent from their site. Their choice, I guess.

Yes, it can be a slight pain, but the reason we do this is to ensure that those that take advantage of our many seeding machines actually come to our site instead of just clicking a direct link somewhere.

Edit; Yay for long sentence :P

Edited by Zrix

Iv installed the game, had issues, looked it up needed to update, DirectX, dl the installer gave me a issue that theirs an internal problem, and well i have no clue what it could be so. I got the files that it was asking, from a friend. Game work fine. But now no audio...any ideas...

Can we sticky atleast the first post? There are alot of people creating threads in Trouble shooting that have to do with the X3DAudio1_6.dll problem.

I hate to sound stupid but I downloaded the Direct9x file and went to install. During installation it asks for a destination, do I install it into the arma2 directory or somewhere else. Thanks in advance for any help.

im stuck on a "Shader model 2 no longer supported" error can anyone help?

Buy a graphics card that supports shader model 3, yours wont do.

I hate to sound stupid but I downloaded the Direct9x file and went to install. During installation it asks for a destination, do I install it into the arma2 directory or somewhere else. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you're using the directx_mar2009_redist.exe from the 1st post (92MB) then it's just a self-extracting archive. It just needs a temporary location to unpack its files to, and when it's done you open that folder and run DXSETUP.EXE.

Try this: when it prompts, hit the Browse button, select your Desktop, press okay. You'll then get a path like C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop or C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Desktop. Add \dx to the end of that, and press OK. It'll make a new directory on your desktop called "dx". When it's finished extracting, open that up, and run DXSETUP.EXE. Once that's finished updating your DirectX install, you can delete the 'dx' directory from your desktop.

directxpath.png

When I plugged in my 3 ch joysticks (fighterstick, pro throttle and pro pedals) my trackir got greyed out and doesnt work ingame. Is there a limit in inputdevices?

edit. Works fine now heh, somehow it was disabled. I just found the "controller" button in control options, there I could enable it again!

Errr, Yup time for a new card. Sharder 2 only cards are getting very long in the tooth, surprised you may have though that your card would be able to run arma 2.

Whats the rest of your setup like ?

Not posting for any reason other than to get it near the top, but hey erm, Fight Night Round 4 anyone? :)

In general internet language you should just put in

/push

;)

Actually it's bump isn't it? ;)

Because there's already 9 stickies and that's too many.

My game is horrible....My Computer...is pretty fast...but in AA3...everything is blurry...and when I was running the course(im new to this)the grass was like....if my graphics were bad...the grass was...pink/yellow squares.....and everything was blurry...is there anything i can do....to resolve this..?:(

Edited by Lured1
Misplaced words

What's your pc specs? And what settings are you playing at?

Everything being blurry is usually a result of post processing and/or your fillrate being turned below 100%

im not really...a computer wiz....so..explain pc specs/post processing/and fillrate....like i said...im new to this :(

so...my fillrate is....1280x720...so how to i switch it like higher than it is?....and all i know is my RAM which is 384...and whats this thing of pst processing being off?

My Processor is -AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2Ghz

Page File -676MB used 244 Available-

Memory -384MB RAM-

System Model -C6537-

Manufacturer -Gateway-

DX version -9.0c

Edited by Placebo

I spent a lot of time playing the demo. Simply amazing! I'm so glad I bought this game, and I can't wait until it comes out on the 30th.

The thing that shocked me was simply how much the demo has. Aside from the Single Player, it looks to have 30-40% of the game in it. Sure, some weapons and vehicles are missing, the terrain is limited as are the scenarios and multiplayer, but aside from that, the demo is chalked full of stuff.

Maybe the full version has a lot more and I don't know because I simply haven't played it yet. In any case, the demo is great, not buggy at all and runs perfectly on my system (everything "Very High", max view distance, etc).

Good job!