Sign in to follow this  
Issetea

Chernarus Life (RPG)

They were saying something about activating your profile, but there are so many people signed up

Could the devs just put the passcode up now?

No sorry. The conditions are "BETA for registered players" and not "open beta". ;)

Man I dunno if I played Arma RPg, the whole RPg part scared me since I fell alseep watching 2 friends play world of warcraft so I avoided Rpg's all the time.

What will you be able to like to do in Chernarus Life?

Warcraft isn't really an RPG.

apparently the beta is closed now due to numerous assholes who weren't playing the mission how it was made to be played.

or at least thats my assessment of whats going on:(

apparently the beta is closed now due to numerous assholes who weren't playing the mission how it was made to be played.

or at least thats my assessment of whats going on:(

Maybe if it was not locked away we could all play it. :j:

yea exactly. i cant see a reason why you would lock these sorts of servers? get everyone on it so more people can test it out

Hi,

this weekend (17th - 19th July) it will be open for the public for normal gameplay!

1707.png

Visit this link for more information!

Regards,

Jake

Edited by JaKe.OnE

This sounds like a really good idea. I hope I can find a good server for it

Damn i missed it :(
Then you will get a new chance. ;)
Because we do not want that Chernarus Life will be forgotten, I have to inform you that we have planed the next open BETA test for the upcomming weekend!

The conditions are the same like for the weekend before:

• Full Server Rules
  • Normal Game Play
  • Stats are saved during the complete beta period

The one who has still an ingame account is able to use it again. There are some more or less changes, mostly bugfixes and some price-adjustments.

We have added a sixth skill, named "Manufacturing". This skill is needed to buy and use factories.

Additionally we are working hard to balance the economy in Chernarus Life. This means we try to force the teamplay, not only to have fun, but you need other players to earn (more) money.

With this step vehicles will cost 0,1% of their price every paycheck, which will come to you each 5 minutes (instead of 3). So, the cheapest car will cost $10 each 5 minutes.

We got the inspiration by Kunderjan, a member of our community. Thank you!

The server will be available from saturday 0000am CET+1 till sunday 1200pm CET+1.

For more information about the beta test click this link. There you will find the latest information about CL and other.

Source

Yersteday i bought a worker to have more money ... but i'd never found where i have to drive him .... can someone explain what you have to do with that worker also o fired him !

thx for reply, sorry for my bad english

Open BETA Test

Because there is an illegal server which hosts a stolen, modified version of the old Sahrani Life (ported to ArmA 2 and claiming as official Chernarus Life Server), we decided to make a open, public beta test again.

Because of this fact, we have decided dead against to release the first full version with source code to host Chernarus Life on other server. So we do not provide hosting files again.

We are very sorry about this step, but we do not accept illegal, stolen copies and we have to fear our work again.

Remember: This is the official and original mission of the founders Issetea and Fewo. Every other missions are NOT official, unapproved by RP-Mods.com and using basically the old Sahrani Life 1.25 version.

As a registered user of rp-mods.com you are welcome to check out the latest version of Chernarus Life!

You are still able to use your stats from the last tests. These are saved during the complete beta period!

It will be a normal game with fully server rules!

More information about the free beta test.

If you would spend more than 5 years into a mission you would think different.

How would you feel when someone just grab your code, claims it is his and removed every original credits?

Have a nice day.

Edited by JaKe.OnE

If you would spend more than 5 years into a mission you would think different.

Have a nice day.

What we think and what is are two different things.

While most of community applauds your developments; they also tend to loathe the elitist tone.

One cannot lay claim to what is essentially open source software.

Whatever, we do not own the code, right. But we own the sequence how the code runs.

That people decorades themselve with others laurels is not right.

Feel free to play the original version on our server. It is open 24/7, you can find the password behind the link above.

Edited by JaKe.OnE
typos... ;-)

Whatever, we do not own the code, right. But we own the sequence how the code runs.

That people decorades themselve with others laurels is not right.

Feel free to play the original version on our server. It is open 24/7, you can find the password behind the link above.

I disagree since anyone can assemble the code to mimic any mission that's ever been developed for this engine. BI offers us "the community" the tools to generate any scenario.

CL is a unique creation; it's not a unique concept.

I don't thinking people are trying to steal, mimic, or mirror your community. I think they want a less restrictive gameplay and are setting up servers of their own.

It's already common knowledge that your community lined up the 1's and 0's to make such a scenario.

I hear lots of complains about your parent scenario on various servers when I talk with them about CL.

• "Stuff is too expensive"
  • "Too easy for cops"
  • "Cops can sell items for more than they paid"
  • "The people are snobs"
  • "I got banned for killing the admin by accident in a car crash"

Balance seems to be the key theme in most of the complaints.

If your playerbase feels the mission in unbalanced, then that will only encourage players to create modifications of their own.

If the general playerbase finds their mission more fun, and people less elitist, then that less restrictive server will garner more popularity.

Throwing the RPG mission in the community's face will only backfire on you.

Thank you for the invite but I will decline your offer. I don't like playing with elitists. I'd much rather play the non-password community modded version of your RPG mission.

Edited by Lincoln1stFJ

i wanna play but my internet is kinda poop so i really want to go on lan with it thats all

I'd much rather play on a server where you have not to start as new after every re-connect, server restart or crash.

And why are we so much expensive? Because we have a stat-saving system. Our community enjoys this feature and our Sahrani Life stats are now almost 8 months old. Would be a great game when everyone would be rich after a few hours.

And last but not least: Our community voted for a closed server, so not every "snob" connects to it.

Our community decided it, we realized it. Easy way.

But play whatever you want, feel free to play on our server.

City Life has been there and done that. We had our mission taken and turned into a "New MOD" with out being asked. The original devs were removed from the credits and replaced. Beta addons that were not ready for release were also taken. It is one thing to use a mission file and alter it for your "personal" use but it is wrong to take a mission file & addons and start your own "mod" and not give credit were it is due.

Well Jake, are you wondering if this Lincoln guy is one of those that knicked it? Sure sounds like he'd help. And you can always do as he says and lower your standards, you know - let everyone do whatever they want, show no respect for those who actually work for the progress, uncourteously stand on others shoulders without recognition. Elitist? Or intolerant of BS? I've been called elitist before for how I played Arma I (with a good squad that's disciplined). If that's what you get called for high standards instead of the mucking around most people care for. That's my new label. Their dispise of our way of playing is a simple mirror. No better.