Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

75th Ranger Regiment ACU Units (WIP of course xD)

Well, those of you who know, and don't know, ArmA2 has only US Marines! No US Army units unfortunately. So I'm going to release more of my ACUPAT units for ArmA2, at first it's just going to be the 75th Ranger Regiment, maybe a later release will come with regular infantry. Not sure yet, anyway. I've been working on the textures for these, and just waiting for BIS to release the editing tools so I can really start working on the models etc.

I haven't added any patches yet, but the 75th will go here. Which is why I'll be using the tan camo, I may add the IOTV at a later point, maybe the IBA. Not sure yet.

75thrwipkekeke.th.jpg

Full Size

Edited by Binkowski

The USMC Engineer uses the standard US Army MICH Helmet for some odd reason so a retex wouldnt look too out of place if it was on that unit.

I have noticed that the DMR unit in this game uses the ACH model helmet for some reason, not sure why.

The Rangers are starting to wear multicam. They are supposed to be fully outfitted by 2010 I believe.

Ah, maybe I'll be doing these in multicam! Thanks monty.

Are you going to change the body armor? Army doesn't use the MTV. Only Marines, cause we find it acceptable to wear body armor that will decapitate us in an explosion.

Are you going to change the body armor? Army doesn't use the MTV. Only Marines, cause we find it acceptable to wear body armor that will decapitate us in an explosion.

Rangers don't wear the standard Army issue interceptor body armor. I'll get some pics of what they're wearing now and post it up here.

UPDATE:

RLCS (Ranger Load Carrying System) is what's currently being used. It's basically just molle in ranger green. It's alot like the MTV.

RLCS PIC

Edited by monty67t

@monty67t

No offence, but is there any source for the switch to Multicam? This discussion was in the military forums in 2007. Soon after that, there was a statement from the US Army that the swap to another uniform isn't gonna happen. The swap would be tooo expensive.

I saw some Ranger-Multicam pics too, but they were from a FCS evaluation.

Pic1

Pic2

A complete uniform inclusive the Crye Multicam Chassis and the Battlebelt is priced over 3000$ for a private person. Way to expensive for the Army, even if they are an elite unit.

If you have a trustfull source, i would be pleased to read it. Would be intersting. Thanks

@Binkowski

Thanks for your affort. Look at this topic on militaryphotos.net . The Rangers have there own color for the 2nd Line of Gear: Ranger Green.

They wear bodyarmors from Eagle CIRAS to Eagle Chestrigs.

Would be great, if the Rangers would realy look like US Army Rangers. :cool:

Looking forward to this. Only Marines (they are good too) is just a little bit boring.

Thanks! :bounce3:

Yeah I'm going to change it. Not going to have the MTV.

You might want to edit the force recon's instead of the standard marines. The FR's are already wearing PACA body armor, Eagle plate carriers, Comtac 2's and some more high speed gear that the rangers appear to wear sometimes...

recent picture of some rangers: http://i41.tinypic.com/531gd1.jpg

You might want to edit the force recon's instead of the standard marines. The FR's are already wearing PACA body armor, Eagle plate carriers, Comtac 2's and some more high speed gear that the rangers appear to wear sometimes...

recent picture of some rangers: http://i41.tinypic.com/531gd1.jpg

Exactly...if you changed the marpart on say, the Assault Grenadier, to acu/dcu/bdu....you could call him <insert US SOCOM> ....and by that he could be a ranger...a seal....deltaz...ussf....USAFCC....Seriously there is so much in common with equipment used, for the most part its small differences.

Yeah that's what I'm planning on doing. The Assault Grenadiers look good and have the correct helmets / gear.

@swissMag

I will double check with my sources, but it's nothing you can read, it's people. I'll check with a couple of people and varify.

Here's more pictures for you. These show those PCU jackets that the Rangers use.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/2311/picture20006tt6.jpg

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/305/picture20007dx5.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8884/picture20014ck3.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1165/picture20019lm8.jpg

Edited by monty67t

Yes, very great Units these it's a MUST HAVE for ArmA2 like the same as the SF Unit addon that was released for Armed Assault.:):):);)

But this Rifle is a MUST HAVE for ArmA2 and these Units too.

FN SCAR Heavy

SCAR_NEW_13.jpg

That's a really nice model, but why in the world does it say USMC on it? That definately should not be there.

Amazing model! Try to get in contact with Scubaman and Daquade. They made SCARS in ArmA1.

That's a really nice model, but why in the world does it say USMC on it? That definately should not be there.
USMC use SCARs not sure why it would be printed on the weapon but they use them.

That SCAR is beautiful... but can we get it made in black AND tan textures?

USMC use SCARs not sure why it would be printed on the weapon but they use them.

No they don't. The USMC uses the oldest crappiest equipment that the Army hands down to them when we are done with it. Ok, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but they most certainly do not use SCARs. Hell, they don't even use the M4 as a standard rifle, they still use the M16.