Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

75th Ranger Regiment ACU Units (WIP of course xD)

@Eizen Soldat

Thanks for the reference pictures. Really helps. Currently, without the sample MLOD's I've just done a simple retexture. Once the same MLOD's are released, I'll be more in depth with the units, I just wanted to test my new textures.

@Jason

I have three releases of US Army units in ArmA1, check them out on ArmAHolic.

@CRIONYK

Something along the lines of that. I'm hoping to get these damn near accurate and realistic for ArmA2 of course. Hopefully before Arrowhead comes out, and if I don't meet that goal. Well it'll be nice to have accurate US Army Rangers in both right?

@Eizen Sodat: TBH, of the few you can actually see their headsets, they are not sordins, but peltors mate :D

@

@Jason

I have three releases of US Army units in ArmA1, check them out on ArmAHolic.

Will come your US Army guys to ArmA2 too?

thx but i was thinking about Rangers not about digerent US Army units. I need Rangers for my afghan campaigne in Arma:)

Will come your US Army guys to ArmA2 too?

Yes they will, with BIS releasing the sample models today it's helped very much. Expect releases as soon as I get these damned bugs worked out.

Yes they will, with BIS releasing the sample models today it's helped very much. Expect releases as soon as I get these damned bugs worked out.

Hooray! Can't wait for these!

Hey you, work faster. JK.

I should be able to help you sometime this week if you need it.

Edited by suhsjake

Hey you Jake, get on faster! jk.

Yeah, it'd be cool. We can get this stuff done.

Here are some Rangers outfitted with Multicam

size0-army.mil-54241-2009-10-27-091056.jpg

FOR Staff Sgt. Joseph Kapacziewski, Oct. 3, 2005, began like any other day.

He was in Iraq on his fifth deployment with the 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, after serving three previous deployments to Afghanistan. But when an enemy grenade exploded next to him while on a mission, a recovery process that would last years was set into motion.

Joe had been badly injured in the blast, though his arms and legs were still intact. "For the first few months, I didn't have any use of my arm from the elbow down," he said.

It wasn't until several months after the injury that Joe realized it was his leg he should have been worried about. On March 28, 2006, doctors decided to amputate his leg.

Recovery was an uphill battle for Kapacziewski, and each day presented its own challenges. When he met Harvey Naranjo from the Wounded Warrior Project, things began to change.

"He told me he was going to get me up and running and skiing and doing all this stuff," Joe said. "I looked at him like he was half-crazy, because I couldn't even feed myself."

With each day of physical therapy, Kapacziewski grew stronger. After about six months, he was skiing in Colorado, just like Harvey said.

Joe's next big challenge was in returning to his old job, and his squad leader position with the Rangers.

"I don't like to think of it as 'returning to active duty,' because I never really left," he said. "I wanted to continue what I was doing."

Getting back in shape and becoming accustomed to doing everything with a prosthetic were Joe's first goals. In order to stay with the Rangers, Joe had to re-qualify on everything necessary to belong to the regiment.

"I had to do the Army Physical Fitness Test, a 5-mile run, a 12-mile road march with a 40-pound pack, and re-qualify on fast-roping out of helicopters," he said. "I've done five static line jumps, and I haven't had any issues with my prosthetic."

Although he ran into some initial resistance, Joe remains determined to reach his goal.

"I've been given opportunities to prove myself, and I feel that I have," he said. "I've been able to keep up with everyone, and sometimes exceed all expectations. Hopefully soon, I'll have my squad and carry on just like before."

Joe often speaks with injured Soldiers to offer them encouragement, teaching them to draw strength from their injuries.

"You've got to take it day by day, because each day it will get better," he said. "It's not an easy road. Stay positive, and don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something."

US Army PAO

I can't find any proof or captions that these following pics are of Rangers, but looking at their gear and the fact they don't have beards like most JSOC units, and they don't have tan CIRAS like most SF ODA teams I'm going to go ahead and say these guys are most likely Rangers.

HiRes

HiRes

HiRes

HiRes

HiRes

HiRes

HiRes

Edited by TheRev709
Fixed first image

Haha... Wrong thread buddy. Try the release thread, it needs a good bump anyways. This thread is obsolete. ;)

I kindly ask a moderator to move the comment above to the aforementioned tread and delete my post.

[/backseatmoderation] :p

This project isn't finished. I'm still working on these guys. I've just been very very busy and not having enough time. But this is a project that's been WIP for awhile. I will keep posting new news, to all those who thought this project died sorry for the lack of communication. But it is not, these guys are still WIP.

I just came across this thread looking for any Ranger addons for Arma2. I would personally like to see a Rangers addon in multicam as there is some, while not concrete, but pretty solid evidence of Rangers wearing Multicam in theater. However, if you only release em in ACU ill still be pleased. Keep up the good work mate!

those are some really good pics. this is one of my most anticipated mods Bink.

How can we have US Infantry in Chernarus if there are no Rangers to Lead the Way? :p

I just came across this thread looking for any Ranger addons for Arma2. I would personally like to see a Rangers addon in multicam as there is some, while not concrete, but pretty solid evidence of Rangers wearing Multicam in theater. However, if you only release em in ACU ill still be pleased. Keep up the good work mate!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87465

Sorry for the advertisement, Binkowski!

Binkowski have you some screens?

i remeber that there was some screens in the wip thread but i cannot find them :-/ Or am i wrong? O.o

How's the progress? I'm still waiting for my Rangers ;) Wanna wipe out some taliban asses with my favorite unit. :D

Almost 20,000 views on this thread. G'damn. Anyway, regarding the progress. Well. Keep reading below ;).

Some German Jesus might be working on some comparable units as well. But that's all I can tell you at the moment.

Edited by Binkowski

Almost 20,000 views on this thread. G'damn. Anyway, regarding the progress. Well. Keep reading below ;).

Some German Jesus might be working on some comparable units as well. But that's all I can tell you at the moment.

Please? Please continue?

its 20000 views ill bet because people have searched 75th rangers after MW2 came out. Nice work anyway bink mate. Always love your stuff.

bink like to keep his projects close to his chest but i can tell you he is working hard on a lot of awesome stuff. I can't wait

Massi over at Armaholic, released US Army Rangers mod there :D

Yes thank you for stating that, I believe this thread is about binkowskis work.