Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

75th Ranger Regiment ACU Units (WIP of course xD)

There's another option - but harder to make. Light recon guys in patrol caps and RRVs with MBSS Backplates or backpacks.

The FR guys have RRVs. Could be used as reference...

Edited by Max255[PL]

Now if we could get some units that looked like the one in the picture AnimalMother posted on the last page, that would be awesome!!

+1 for what Max255 said. Light Recon guys would be a great addition.

But, its your addon Bink, do whatever you want. Your the one making it for us.

lol, I go to work and come back and this thread is all kinds of f'd up. anywheyy I'll see what I can do tonight.

I'll make sure to talk to you commissar to light a fire under your ass. Yes, I mean Rachel.

Well Bink, you sure do a good job on making models :)

I think this one looks best with ACU camo, Desert helmet + knee pads.

rgr4.jpg

Here is an vid about ops that will be going on some time this year. Iv notice that some of the US pilots are wearing new camo. Its like an digital tiger stripe pat. http://www.apacheclips.com/media/13729/US_and_French_soldiers_together/

Dont know if its just Air Force or not, but iv been seeing US army useing this camo also.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Here is an vid about ops that will be going on some time this year. Iv notice that some of the US pilots are wearing new camo. Its like an digital tiger stripe pat. http://www.apacheclips.com/media/13729/US_and_French_soldiers_together/

Dont know if its just Air Force or not, but iv been seeing US army useing this camo also.

No, that's only worn by the US Air Force; Airman Battle Uniform, see here.

Ya i thought it had to do just with the Air Force. Seen some pics with some US Forces wearing them on base, but did not see what unit or there patches to confirm there unit that they belong to.

I'm a busy guy, with a lot to do. These are still WIP.

Take your time Bink, I don't care when these are released. I just don't want you to rush them or just not release them at all!:(

Keep up the awesome work! You da best! Literally! Your the best unit maker for ArmA II! Great job on these so far and on all your other work! :D

Take your time Bink, I don't care when these are released. I just don't want you to rush them or just not release them at all!:(

Keep up the awesome work! You da best! Literally! Your the best unit maker for ArmA II! Great job on these so far and on all your other work! :D

pfft well now i'm just jealous! Lol...bink is working on about 1000 projects which i know u know. Anyway just seconding enads post :)

pfft well now i'm just jealous! Lol...bink is working on about 1000 projects which i know u know. Anyway just seconding enads post :)

Jealous of what?? :D

You seem to be pretty busy also, well you were a few weeks ago atleast...Releasing all those totally awesome retextures!

Looking forward to more of your work!

Again, keep up the awesome work Bink!

lol thanks enad...don't want to draw the topic away from binks work i was just messing anyway i got stuff in the works...too much stuff, but another release is in the works.

Anyway back on topic to bink's rangers...

Here is an pic on an Ranger with lots of top gear http://img341.imageshack.us/i/sfacu1cqq2.jpg/ Here is an unit with one side camo http://img22.imageshack.us/i/2u56wat.jpg/

The first photo is US Army Special Forces operator. He has a Ranger tab, but he's SF not part of the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Edited by TheRev709

Ya the second photo is part of the Ops units in the MARSOC Merian unit. Just showing some of there gear and some one side camo. MARSOC units use much of the same gear and tactics as rangers.

Ya the second photo is part of the Ops units in the MARSOC Merian unit. Just showing some of there gear and some one side camo. MARSOC units use much of the same gear and tactics as rangers.

Just realized I said it was the second photo, I had meant the first photo lol. Fixed my previous post.

Im sure that the first one is an Airborn Ranger. He would not be wearing the Airborn patch nor the Ranger patch of an Op, if he was not part of that unit. As for if he is 75rgt or 101, 82nd i dont know, if thats what your asking.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Im sure that the first one is an Airborn Ranger. He would not be wearing the Airborn patch nor the Ranger patch of an Op, if he was not part of that unit. As for if he is 75rgt or 101, 82nd i dont know, if thats what your asking.

But are you not allowed to wear tab/airborne patch?

Like USRanger709 said, the first pic is an SF operator, he has a Ranger Skill Tab, not the 75th regimental unit patch, signifying that he has completed ranger school. The patch he is wearing is the SF unit patch, which is an airborne unit, hence the airborne tab.

Not trying to talk down to anyone, just trying to inform those who dont know.

Edited by SgtVebo
not want to insult anyone

Like USRanger709 said, the first pic is an SF operator, he has a Ranger Skill Tab, not the 75th regimental unit patch, signifying that he has completed ranger school. The patch he is wearing is the SF unit patch, which is an airborne unit, hence the airborne tab.

Not trying to talk down to anyone, just trying to inform those who dont know.

So all you just did there was confirm what Ranger and I said. I said it much more vaguely, but the point is that if you've completed the req's, you can show it off (to put it in a way). Heck, I've seen troops in the basic infantry (albeit a officer) who wore his tab.

This is getting way off topic, but:

To begin, Navy SEALs, MARSOC, Rangers, Air Force Parajumpers and CCTs, Delta Force, etc. are not Special Forces. Those are all Special Operations Forces, or SOF. When talking about Special Forces in the US military, you would be referring to the US Army Special Forces, which is a specific unit of itself. All of the elite units in the US military, including Special Forces, are considered Special Operations Forces. Just a pet peave of anyone in the SF community.

This post is for the 75th Ranger Regiment, just because a soldier is a Ranger doesn't mean their part of the 75th. The job and kit difference between a Special Forces soldier with a Ranger tab and a Ranger in the75th Regiment Regiment is as different as American and (the rest of the world) football, with the only similarity being a ball involved, or in the this case elite military units.

US Army Special Forces operate in small teams (12 man Operational Detachment Alphas) and focus on unconventional warfare and counter-insurgencies.

The 75th Ranger Regiment focuses on elite light infantry operations.

A Ranger tab means a soldier successfully graduated from Ranger school, which is the best light infantry training school in the US Military (IMO). To join the Regiment, a soldier has to successfully graduate from RIP, Ranger Indoctrination Program, then they go to Ranger school.

US Army Special Forces must make it into and complete the Q-Course.

These units, their jobs, and their gear are quite different. My point is this thread is for the 75th Ranger Regiment, and just because a soldier has a Ranger tab and is an Airborne Ranger doesn't mean their a soldier in the Regiment.

I'm not arguing, but just wanted to inform and set the record straight.

Source: Two years working in a support detachment for the 20th Special Force Group.

Edited by TheRev709

@USRanger709

I understand what your saying, yes each part of the ranger groups have different jobs. All rangers are part of the Airborn squad, all go through there school to become one. There are different parts of the Airborn as you know.

What im just getting at and posting is there gear not jobs or so on. Those pics i gave just shows there gear, i was just trying to give some goods on that part so, maybe it could help out this addon. For the first pic he is an ranger. As i can back that up very well, but as i said i dont know if he is 101st,75th,82nd cause i dont know what school he came from nor i cant see that patch.

That gear in them pics is what they use. SOF get there tactics from special forces as there are many now this day in age. SOF is just an new 20th century term for special forces. Here is an like on that also from your source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_forces Im just saying the gear in them pics are what rangers would be wearing. Im still on topic about this, its vary easy for somebody to get it off though. Im not arguing, and i agree with your words. Just was pointing out that the gear in them pics are what rangers would be useing in the fields, and a little one side camo from the MARSOC.

@USRanger709

I understand what your saying, yes each part of the ranger groups have different jobs. All rangers are part of the Airborn squad, all go through there school to become one. There are different parts of the Airborn as you know.

One does not have to be Airborne qualified to go to Ranger school.

I don't know what an "Airborn squad" is, but "All rangers" is a very broad category.