Sign in to follow this  
snoutmaster

Command Interface

Im not really sure what the Module Command Interface is it some sort of Command Engine that allows me to command more than 1 Platoon. Does it allow me to command an entire Brigade. Please enlighten me what this Module is for?

From what I can tell, it allows you to command pretty much any number of units.

So I can command 50 Platoons and 3 squadrons against another Intelligent commander who has the same resources.

So I can command 50 Platoons and 3 squadrons against another Intelligent commander who has the same resources.

That's a good question. I believe I've only seen the interface in action in single player, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work in MP too. It should be pretty easy to test with another person. I may try that later. :)

As for the number of units, I guess that's only really limited by hardware. Obviously, once the numbers get too large, it'll be difficult to keep up.

Does anyone know how the Command Interface works and what its features are?

You group your character to a commander game logic and the other leaders to a subordinate game logic and then you can toggle back and forth between micro management of your own team to macro management of whole groups (alt-space).

You can basicaly assign series of waypoints on the the fly, whether in first person view or on the map. You can also issue orders to whole groups. Each waypoint can trigger a new order when reached (stance, formation, wait for...)

It's nice.

Does anyone know how the Command Interface works and what its features are?

Yeah, it's pretty simple. You can activate the high command mode with a key (I set it to Alt+Space). Once you've done that, you can see symbols above all squads under your command, both on the map and in first person view. All you need to do is select a squad and tell them where to go. On the map that's done by simple clicking. Once you've given a squad a waypoint you can right-click on it and change certain parameters like speed, combat mode etc.

Essentially it's like assigning waypoints on the fly. Very cool.

I just tested it in the editor with 8 full infantry squads and 8 motorized squads under my command. Worked fine, all followed my orders. :)

You can even set two opposing sides up and team-switch the commanders. That way you can put Side 1 into position to defend something, then move to Side 2 for the attack. Kind of a mini-realtime editor for a small village battle.

Can you also move your subordinate groups into formation with the high commander? Like it is possible in the CoC Command Engine for Ofp for example?

My question is similar to zwobot's. Say I am commanding an AI group that is commanding 3 groups. I give my subordinate group a move order.

How will my subordinate group react? Will he give his groups that order? Will they all move exactly there? Will they use a formation of groups or even bounding to arrive?

I am able to set the waypoints for subordinate units, but this video (go to 1:00 mark) shows more complex movements, waypoints and the ability to "fly" through the terrain to see how these play out on the ground:

I also don't have the text on the top right that lets me know the unit's composition.

Are there other key commands that enable these commands? Alt-space is the one that I know of.

I also see toggles for artillery (and a few others) on the right of the screen in map view when I am in high command mode. How are these utilized?

Thanks for the help.

Also can you get groups to board vehicle's for Helicopter Extraction. e.g Platoon 1 board that UH1

Also can you get groups to board vehicle's for Helicopter Extraction. e.g Platoon 1 board that UH1

That's a negative, this is probably one of the bigger omissions in the command system. You can somewhat work around this by team-switching to "Platoon 1" (should be squad, btw) commander and ordering them to load, but that's sort of missing the point...

Peace,

DreDay

I believe this should be an important of any command system instructing units to board transport units. How can you command an Army you can't deploy rapidly. I hope the they create another Transport Module that counts how many units can board a Transport unit and instruct the unit to board

VERY VERY COOL

oh and can anyone tell me when i place the game logics and sync with them

in the EDITOR of course they apear as part of my unit as if they where soldiers how do i prevent that ?

If you place units near each other in the editor, then they'll often be grouped automatically. In this case, you don't want that. Delete the group line linking you with the new unit, or create that new unit further away from your existing units.

You still want the sync lines between modules and groups however, as shown on the biki. Sync lines are a different colour to grouping lines.

Edit: Hmm forget that, I think I misread what you wrote... :)

Axek.

Edited by Axek

actually you helped me with the biki link thanks

I'm slobbering all over myself about this...

Does this work in multiplayer?

Example, 2 human commanders, each with a company of infantry under their command, going head to head against each other.

This will make for some awesome head to head engagements, with the goal of wiping out the oposing company HQ (the other player). :yay:

Anyone got any missions with this already setup so that we can have a look at how to do it?

Example, 2 human commanders, each with a company of infantry under their command, going head to head against each other.

This will make for some awesome head to head engagements, with the goal of wiping out the oposing company HQ (the other player). :yay:

I would believe so... thats why we got WARFARE game mode

did you find a mission like this?? also in SP????

:) tell me tell me!!

The default Superpowers mission has this built in. It can be played SP by hosting your own local LAN match and playing against an AI commander, or hosted MP allowing commanders to manage the battle from this interface assigning tasks and waypoints to subordinates. To enable the High Command interface, you must be voted as commander. As mentioned above, you can then enter or leave the HC interface by pressing CTRL-SPACE or ALT-SPACE depending on your key bindings.

L8r,

eem

thx EEM! so how do i turn on that ability in the editor? also with abilities like artillery and such?