Sign in to follow this  
Vampire1994

Arma 2 - Female Characters?

Besides how many of you have played games as female protagonists and enjoyed it????

I don't know... maybe all of us? A good game is a good game no matter what's between the protagonist's legs. I don't know anyone who's bashed the NOLF series, much less complained about the main character's sex. And I see no-one crying over having to play as Lara Croft in Tomb Raider. The character isn't always you, try to adapt to it if your imagination allows.

Ok if your point is to request a modder to make a mod for it then move this to the mod request forum i hyperlinked earlier. Otherwise, please just stop already. General discussion is generally pointed to current things in the "vanilla arma" or things BIS themselves should be held accounted for. So I repeat, if you want a mod with a female character in a combat role make a request in the addons: discussion -> request thread.

Besides how many of you have played games as female protagonists and enjoyed it????

Anyways, it's the realism, not the animations. Half the animations already suck. 3 inches center of gravity isn't something to split hairs about, all things considered.

So no female models... that sucks. Was hoping this game might have actually had something that made it stick out above the various male-dominated modern-based FPS games. Might have actually purchased it...

Seems the only modern-based FPS I can find that actually has female models as a base is the Korean-made Combat Arms... whose player base has been by far the most obnoxious of any FPS game I've ever played (including Q2/Q3/Q4/ET:QW, TF2, UT3, amongst others)...

So no female models...

There are female civs... but I guess you mean combatants.

Here's a thought, get the game anyway, then get into modding and maybe in time we'll see some female soldiers in ArmA (I think it would be nice).

Also, there are plenty of FPS's out there with female models... most of them aren't anything like ArmA (and are in fact the complete opposite in terms of gameplay/style). The point being that the ArmA series of games is supposed to be realistic/milsim, so female soldiers is unlikely. Like I said though a dedicated modder(s) can change that.

The USMC does not employ women in combat roles. Not as pilots, not as foot mobiles, not even as supply runners in a confirmed combat zone. The US army does not allow women in direct military roles either. They do allow women to do supply runs which due to modern insurgent style warfare does mean combat for a small number of women.

You are wrong. There are female Marine pilots, including Cobra (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9415465) and Harrier pilots, and under the Lioness program female marines are attached directly to combat units (in order to interact directly with Muslim women). Further, many women Marines have seen combat while serving in second-line units (there is even a book on the subject: http://www.amazon.com/Few-Proud-Women-Marines-Harms/dp/0275999939). The U.S. Army also has female combat helicopter pilots.

There are plenty of places BIS could have included females in the U.S. military in the game, e.g. as Marine or Air Force pilots or aircraft crew, Marines serving in forward bases ashore, or as sailors on the LHD, but I can see why prostitutes were a priority.

Edited by akd42

Big Dawg KS: And in this case realism gets in the way of fun, so the game suffers for it and thus is less than it could be.

So no female models... that sucks. Was hoping this game might have actually had something that made it stick out above the various male-dominated modern-based FPS games. Might have actually purchased it..

Yeah that is how it is, it plain sucks. BIS was a bit to lazy on that point. Having the female population in the game behave on pair with say... a dog or cow is just wrong.

Oh god not this topic again.

@NodUnit: Why not? I think it was a justified question to begin with. Much more so than your pointless spamming. If you're not interested in the discussion you can just avoid the thread. Even if it's been a while since the original poster started the topic it remains an issue wich isn't addressed by the developers. Bumping this post seems fair to me.

Back on topic: Personally I would rather see playable female models added to the game than FLIR-systems and yet another desert landscape. At the same time I still respect people who have an other opinion. It's more than a little suprising to see that when someone asks a simple question about wether there are female models in the game or not, a large part of the forum users takes this as an insult and starts to abuse the original poster. The behaviour displayed in this thread is an all time low on these forums, in my humble opinion.

here there are female soldiers in iraq altleast se wears a rifle mabye they dont go into town raids but they are there

Wether you believe there are female soldiers in real life (there are a lot of them in different armies around the world) or not isn't important, the way I see it. As far as I know there's no country named Chernarus, and that doesn't seem to bother anyone. Nor is there a country named Takistan. Including female models helps immersion, and easily lets anyone create the missions he/she wants to.

Edited by nominesine

Just make the civillians females be able to pick up weapons but not be able to carry as much as a male because females are not as strong as a male in real life so just make it to realistic.

yea but my wife hate too play it as a guy so like vsamkd said i hope it get someone to mod it

@vasmkd- Yeah, that wasn't sexcist at all. :rolleyes:

edit: haha I spelled sexist wrong, man I'm an idiot :D

Edited by Sniper Pilot

@vasmkd- Yeah, that wasn't sexcist at all. :rolleyes:

Hehe

Nope, not at all

Males are males and females are females

If i were a praying mantis the female would be stronger and eat me even thou i might get away but the chances are slight;)

But can the female lion defend againts other males, definetly not, i'm just trying to be realistic

Humans - well u know who is generally stronger. Ask nature why...not me

Skills can still be the same

I bet if females were on front line that the male would carry the heavy launchers even thou u could be a gentlemen and let her shoot if she is a better shot;)

Both sexes have there advantages but this is a WAR sim thats meant to have realism

Edited by vasmkd

Frankly I find this realism talk more than a little strange. I don't mind if the female models are just an adaption of the exsting male models: A few modelling touches to give them a feminine look, a reskin and a working set of anmations is all it takes. Top that off with a voice and we're ready to go.

The sole purpose of adding female models to the game is to allow people to chose the character they want to play in game. That is not necessarily the character others think they should be playing.

As a player you already have the option to wear sunglasses and other unnecessary accessories. It serves no other pupose than too make you character look cool (or whatever). Yet I've never heard anyone demand that you should have your viewdistance impaired because your playable character happens to wear shades. To me, that seems to be a bigger infringement on realism, than allowing a female player to carry a machinegun with the same ease as her male counterpart.

Admit that the women should be weaker argument is rather weak, don't you think? From my point of view, a simple change that makes the game appealing to a wider audience is a good thing. Let's have some female models in the game. Without sexist remarks. Please!

1. There are plenty of countries that allow women on the front lines.

2. Even in the US military, women did get caught in firefires.

3. The ArmA series is about combat situations that are not historical, but possible.

So why get your undies in bunch if someone makes some female soldier models?

I have three females in my clan playing ArmA. Not girls, women. Darn good shots every one of them too ( they love to kill guys, especially trash-talkers ). If I can pick a soldier with a beard, they should be able to pick a soldier with a some curves.

Seriously, the no-women people need to chill out.

1. There are plenty of countries that allow women on the front lines.

2. Even in the US military, women did get caught in firefires.

3. The ArmA series is about combat situations that are not historical, but possible.

So why get your undies in bunch if someone makes some female soldier models?

I have three females in my clan playing ArmA. Not girls, women. Darn good shots every one of them too ( they love to kill guys, especially trash-talkers ). If I can pick a soldier with a beard, they should be able to pick a soldier with a some curves.

Seriously, the no-women people need to chill out.

Agree. In this Arma gaming community we have very talented modders that made many mods from a transforming Robotech aircraft, to a spaceship that was almost as big as some of the islands themselves to making many fan made user mods. Therefore I think the a modder will make a female combat unit soon. I would like though to see BI implement it though so that it can be continually support by the developers. I personally would add it myself but I am not skilled in modding or animating.

Curious, Evil_Echo what is the name of this mixed female/male clan that they are in? There was a clan that I was in contact with that had a mix of male/female, they were called "AI" for BF 2142. I can't seem to find them again though, sadly.

The ArmA series is about combat situations that are not historical, but possible.

I agree. Completely.

@NodUnit: Why not? I think it was a justified question to begin with. Much more so than your pointless spamming. If you're not interested in the discussion you can just avoid the thread. Even if it's been a while since the original poster started the topic it remains an issue wich isn't addressed by the developers. Bumping this post seems fair to me.

It is justified but I would have thought the community learned it's lesson with the previous discussion of female characters in the earlier for ArmaII discussion of this thread.

Via modding it is possible but the likelyhood of seeing female combatants in the game by default is unlikely due to how things have changed in the gaming industry.

Back in the OFP days female civilians could pick up guns and fight but for some reason that has changed, I don't like it to be honest, I would like to see female soldiers but I know it will only be possible via the community.

And speaking of the community, it will fight page after page after page after page, taking one step forward and far more back, never leaving the ground as "IT IS POSSIBLE through modding" is tossed about but will be countered by "It's not realistic" over and over again and most will be hostile about it, you've seen it for yourself.

Even though female soldiers do actually serve in the military, and even though some do actually serve on the front lines, people will do their damnest to counter it in some way, perhaps the numbers aren't too great, perhaps it's something else, it will never end, the same things will be repeated several times, and we will keep coming back to square one, it always happens.

Edited by NodUnit

Okay, I just fooled around in the editor to see what vehicles and weapons the female civies could use. (The first weird thing is when you control female character, she has a male voice.) Apparently, they can't drive any vehicle.

Just like in real life.