Sign in to follow this  
fire

Razor Two

hey im gettin stuck on this too i go to the quarry and i kill all the dudes there and the guy sais no ones her ?? wot u just shot someone !!!

then he goes on saying no vehicles no one then i just give up is there like a particular time?

also i defend the village for the russian guy whose a partisan (cant remember his name) and he tells me to go to the power plant which is the power plant is it the large pipe things on the map if it is then i went there and lo and behold no ones there :mad:

i get the message saying lopotov is making a run for it so i head to the first place only an empty red hatchback so i call in air and head to the other place and get shot down immediately ?? is it just me

also.. (sorry) it says in support im supposed to have an apc where is my apc ?? and the uav how do i get that

alot of questions i know sorry :/

cheers in advance

No matter what I did the mission ended up with me supposedly killing him even though I never found him.

Once I did actually find him,

in the Nothern stronghold

but there was no option to arrest him.

I also killed the 3 enemies in the Quarry, but couldn't find the dogtags.

I'm finding this mission very frustrating. If I'd wanted to fly around Cherno I would have loaded up the editor.

P

Yeah this mission is now officially driving me loopy.

I have found 3/4 evidence, no idea where the last 1 is. Found the following.

Dog Tags in Quarry

Map in the Castle in the west.

Photos in the most north red X camp.

I have found nobody of consequence, neither leb or his mate.

I can manage to visit all the mentioned places by 12pm which gives me a few mins before the 20minute warning, Leb seems to not exactly exist.

Did you have to select 'Gear' next to the bodies, or do the dog tags show up when you get close as a menu option like the map case?

Or did you not get the message that nobody was there after you'd shot the Chedaki?

P

Did you have to select 'Gear' next to the bodies, or do the dog tags show up when you get close as a menu option like the map case?

The dogtags are hard as hell to find.

In fact every time I had to use the a little cheat of telling my squaddie to aim on them and then scan the area in the command view...

The dogtags are hard as hell to find.

In fact every time I had to use the a little cheat of telling my squaddie to aim on them and then scan the area in the command view...

They seem to always fall off the chedaki soldier wearing the balaclava at the quarry. If you have terrain detail on low they are easy to spot. Try hiding his body if u can't see them.

OK i've had real problems here.

I have started this mission a few times now - been playing it for ages.

I had the message "Lopotev is heading for Russian border.....20 mins to catch him" and then the mission ended with a fail.

This time around I supposedly found Bardak in the ruins, except i didn't find him, there was just a message to say task complete, so i get the evidence, take out the north camp, get the evidence there and head to Stolnye and nobody will talk to me.

On previous plays Olgech talks to you and the town defence starts, but i get nothing, I checked out the south eastern camp and none of the soliders will talk either when before I had a chat with them.

I really can't be bothered to start this mission again - its a real pain, I started off thinking how cool it was to have to operate like a real recon team but now I just want to progress.......from these forums it seems the next missions are even more bugged :(

I like what the devs are trying to do but i'm afraid their engine is not robust enough to handle open ended /complex missions and this trigger failure/conflict bug happened extensively in both previous games. I have played some awesome and complex community made missions in Arma so it is possible to do.

I will say this and I know it sounds weird. Play the mission in the editor. For some reason, alot of the bugs in the campaign have not to do with the mission itself but with the way the "campaign program" within arma 2 reads them. Only thing is, when you start getting choices later in the campaign, you need to know which version of the mission to play to continue the story. I do know this though, you are apparently not supposed to find Lopotev in this mission.

How do u play missions in the editor? Oh figured it out, extract it from the .pbo and plonk it in the user maps folder in my documents.

See if I can understand how this works and figure out where the 4th evidence is :p

Edited by MrPing1000

I found no bardak, no lopotev, only three X and quarry visited, and mission ended with fail soon after 20 min. limit ended. epic fail.

and no one wanted to talk to me, the villagers only said that they know nothing.. :(

This missions really need some guide - step by step what to do, otherwise it's nearly impossible to complete..

Edited by Westmoreland

OK!

I had a look through the map in the editor and theres a few things that need to be stated to help everyone out.

1. Lopotev CANNOT be captured. He doesn't even exist.

2. Bardak CAN be captured OR killed. Bardak spawns in a blue rusty car just south of Pusta. He then DRIVES to one of the key areas that you visit during the mission. Quarry/Castle/Power Plant/Northern red x marked camp. One attempt I found his car at the north red camp but couldn't find him, another he was standing in the quarry. Dunno if he gets back in and drives off, but regardless it's going to take him a while to get to any of these locations. To capture him you must chase him around until you get close lol.

3. There are only THREE items of evidence in the map, the fourth IS Bardak. (capturing him is the 4th)

The mission ends when;

Lopotev escapes (this cannot be prevented)

Bardak is killed.

Bardak is captured.

Tbh I suggest the tasks are rewritten to insinuate that capturing either of them would be useful because it really isn't obvious that Lopotev simply isn't in the level.

Edited by MrPing1000

There are only THREE items of evidence in the map despite the tasks listing 4. Not sure why this is, I presume it's a map bug but if anyone finds a 4th let us know.

I think you 'get' one evidence when you capture Bardak. When I did the mission, I only got the dogtags and the photos, but when the mission ended (with capturing Bardak) I had 3/4 evidence.

I think you 'get' one evidence when you capture Bardak. When I did the mission, I only got the dogtags and the photos, but when the mission ended (with capturing Bardak) I had 3/4 evidence.

Ah I'll try that.

*edit* You are correct sir, updated previous post.

Edited by MrPing1000

Thanks for the info.

I finished the mission on my own, but I was always wondering if there was a way to actually catch lopotev...

I caught bardak in the quarrry after reading the intel, being to the power plant and asking the locals.

Thanks for putting us out of our misery MrPing & Deadfast.

I'll give it another try now ;)

P

Ah I'll try that.

*edit* You are correct sir, updated previous post.

The weird thing is, that the actionCollectEvidence.sqf lists four evidences

_evidPool = [bIS_notebook, BIS_mapCase, BIS_dogtags, BIS_photos];

and the mission.fsm states that you get one (a different one) when you capture Bardak

class end__1

{

name = "end__1";

init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"BIS_evid_Bardak call BIS_fnc_addEvidence;" \n "" \n "_nic = [objNull, objNull, rENDMISSION, ""END1""] call RE;"/*%FSM</STATEINIT""">*/;

precondition = /*%FSM<STATEPRECONDITION""">*/""/*%FSM</STATEPRECONDITION""">*/;

class Links

{

};

};

So, uh ... I don't know. :) If there are three evidence pieces on the map, I guess that the fourth was deleted in testing, but the reference was left in the evidence file.

Edited by Malleus

Started the mission again. Went straight to UAV and spotted rusty blue car driving to Power Plant. Bardak (I presume) got out.

Aha I thought, I know where he is. So I went and got the other evidence before returning to the Power Plant to kill/capture him and end the mission.

He wasn't there. WTF?

This mission is more annoying than a BSOD, and where did Maddox get his wings, he can't fly to save his (or my) life.

edit: found Bardak and completed the mission properly. Click on the spoiler button if you want to know where to head him off.

Grid ref: 092075. If you get the hurry up message this is a good place to ambush Bardak when he arrives in the red hatchback as he has to slow down to negotiate the turn. Step in front of the car, shoot one of the tyres and he gets out. Catch him and mission over.

P

Edited by Lt_Darkman

Finished this mission today on elite.

Got the 3 piece of evidence at the quarry, castle and camp then went back to the quarry and found bardak. Normally he come up as *commander* but this time he was called *insurgent* and I got the 4th piece of evidence after capturing him.

I tried this mission again, with nearly the same result as before - I went to 1st X, 2nd X, staroye, visnoye farm and ruin and a quarry, and soon after the mission ended, with Bardak and Lopotev still free. I wonder if is it possible to delay "catch lopotev" mission somehow, I'm always as quick as possible, but without success.

I tried this mission again, with nearly the same result as before - I went to 1st X, 2nd X, staroye, visnoye farm and ruin and a quarry, and soon after the mission ended, with Bardak and Lopotev still free. I wonder if is it possible to delay "catch lopotev" mission somehow, I'm always as quick as possible, but without success.

If you exclusively use the transport helicopter you should have loads of time.

To capture lopotev ... i use my brdm-2 ... and just bump him till he fall and then there is a conversation from lopotev that he's surrender ... and you will get a pickup transport ...

Got lucky with this mission on my last attempt. Drove straight to the power station with no sign of either suspect then called in heli transport to the Quarry. Killed three or four guys at the quarry then one of my squad said that there was noone there. Next thing I know Cooper is shouting at Bardak to freeze and calling in a transport to get rid of him and the mission is successfully completed with only one objective fulfilled :confused:.

To capture lopotev ... i use my brdm-2 ... and just bump him till he fall and then there is a conversation from lopotev that he's surrender ... and you will get a pickup transport ...

huh? Where did you find him?

Bardak has a piece of evidence on him, when he’s captured, it show’s the new evidence, I have no idea what it is, mission end.

This took me a freaking long time to figure out but I finally finished the mission with all 4 evidence pieces in my possession.

First I went to the castle south of Vyshnoye. Then to the quarry at Solnichniy. Finally I went to the most northern camp on top of the hill north of Guglovo. At each place I got 1 piece of evidence, so that's a total of three pieces that you can actually pick up.

If you can't find the evidence, you can try to let the AI teammates pick it up. Get to the place where the evidence is. Press F2 (to select an AI), press 6 (actions menu) and see if the evidence is in there. Another trick is to press F2, press 2 (target menu) and tell the AI to target the piece of evidence. Look where he's aiming at, then press F2 (to select the AI) and move the mouse over the area ("scan" with your mouse) that he's aiming at, eventually the evidence will pop up in your hud.

The fourth and final piece of evidence you will receive after handing Bardak over to some sadistic CIA guys, which will make him talk. But first you will, of course, have to capture him.

Once you got the three pieces of evidence you can do multiple things to try to find Bardak. Go to the castle south of Vyshnoye. Go to the Quarry at Solnichniy. Go to the power station just north east of Elektrozavodsk. Go to one of the marked camps. He might be at even more places, though.

Thing is that it's randomized where he'll be, so it's probably easier to catch him when he's driving towards the north. Around 12:13 I got the message that the other guy was fleeing to the north. I caught Bardak driving a red car on the road leading into the Black Forrest just north of Shakhovka. He was there less then a minute after I got the message that tells you about the 20 minute thing. I'm not sure if he always spawns there and always takes that route, though. I shot out one of his tires and ran after him. Once I got close enough, a special cinematic started to play in which I heroically captured him.

So, I caught him, which gave me the 4th piece of evidence and finished the mission successfully. Hope this helps.

Edited by BlackAlpha